4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > Fun & Health Talk > Health & Diet

Old 11-25-2008, 08:20 AM   #46
Nina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet View Post
I had to drink that stuff you have to drink to clean you out before a colonoscopy and I will never.... I MEAN NEVER ever do that again. Every bit I drank down, came right back up...so what's the point. NEVER EVER EVER!!
Oh, I HATE that stuff! I have a hard time keeping it down too. And, it makes me sick.....the stuff I drank last time was called "Go Lightly"....who makes up these names?????

Sandy, I am sorry for all that you're going through. Don't worry about talking about it here, we don't think you're a complainer. Sometimes you just have to vent about it!!
Nina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 09:17 AM   #47
Dobie

I had to drink that "Go Lightly" stuff when I was in the hospital - it was the MOST disgusting thing I've ever had!!
Dobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 11:01 AM   #48
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
I wasn't kidding....LOL
Old 11-25-2008, 02:55 PM   #49
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiramisu View Post
I'm not a health nut, but I'm worried about my liver and my heart right now!
Are you worried about your heart because of the blood pressure or is there something else going on with your heart? Usually high blood pressure doesn't affect the heart - unless you have untreated high blood pressure for years and years. High blood pressure will cause a stroke - that is very serious!

Do you have an automatic blood pressure machine at home? If not, get one and monitor your own blood pressure. If it stays consistently above 120/80, call your doctor.
Old 11-25-2008, 03:01 PM   #50
Janet

Gayle...I'm so glad you're a member of this forum. You help out here in so many ways, from helping us to stay healthy to making us laugh. So I have someone else to be thankful for this Thanksgiving.....you!
Old 11-25-2008, 03:35 PM   #51
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina View Post
Oh, I HATE that stuff! I have a hard time keeping it down too. And, it makes me sick.....the stuff I drank last time was called "Go Lightly"....who makes up these names?????

Sandy, I am sorry for all that you're going through. Don't worry about talking about it here, we don't think you're a complainer. Sometimes you just have to vent about it!!
You got it wrong! You're not supposed to throw it up - it's supposed to come out the other end! I get flavored Go Lightly. I think it's lime. I don't think I need to go for another 3 years. Who knows what flavors they'll have by then. I don't mind it. I just do it and get it over with. Although, I will eat or drink almost anything as long as it's not moving.

Sandy, I also have had a couple of polyps (benign), ulcers, acid reflux and slight diverticulosis. My doctor said that's they are just caused by aging as long as the polyps are benign. Don't eat peanuts. They can mess with the diverticulosis.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 07:20 PM   #52
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet View Post
Gayle...I'm so glad you're a member of this forum. You help out here in so many ways, from helping us to stay healthy to making us laugh. So I have someone else to be thankful for this Thanksgiving.....you!

Janet, you are too kind! And I am thankful for you too - and your witty sense of humor, words of wisdom, and oh yeah, the wise cracks!!! LOL!
Old 12-01-2008, 11:24 AM   #53
Tiramisu

Quote:
Originally Posted by gja1000 View Post
Are you worried about your heart because of the blood pressure or is there something else going on with your heart? Usually high blood pressure doesn't affect the heart - unless you have untreated high blood pressure for years and years. High blood pressure will cause a stroke - that is very serious!

Do you have an automatic blood pressure machine at home? If not, get one and monitor your own blood pressure. If it stays consistently above 120/80, call your doctor.
Nothing going on with my heart that I know of. The anestheologist was the one who said he needed to give me something to get the BP down and that it was damaging my heart. I probably misunderstood him.

I've been taking readings on three different machines and the readings are in the 140s/90s on a wrist cuff and arm cuff we have at home. I also go a couple times each day to one of those chairs with the arm cuff we have at the office. Of course, when I made the appointment with my PCP, it was my previously lower reading.
Old 12-01-2008, 11:27 AM   #54
Tiramisu

I have an appointment in a couple hours to get the stitches out of my foot. OMG, I hope he lets me throw these crutches and boot away. My kids were making fun of my one tennis shoe this weekend. They want to get it bronzed like a baby shoe. It is very worn and scuffed from being worn almost everyday for FOUR MONTHS. Of course, there's a matching barely worn left shoe. This boot/brace is so dirty and worn.
Old 12-01-2008, 12:41 PM   #55
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

140s/90s is TOO HIGH! You need to get that pressure DOWN - don't wait.
Old 12-02-2008, 08:32 AM   #56
Tiramisu

Quote:
Originally Posted by gja1000 View Post
140s/90s is TOO HIGH! You need to get that pressure DOWN - don't wait.
I'm giving it until Thursday. I have the liver ultrasound and if my BPs still elevated, I'll get in to the doc AGAIN to get it regulated.

Got the stitches out and my foot looks and feels good. He thinks I've developed a hairline stress fracture, down on my foot where my toes come out, due to de-bone mineralization. So, I'm back in the walking boot for three more weeks. I can get out and walk more, being careful. It's to the point that I don't even care anymore. Bring it on!
Old 12-02-2008, 12:29 PM   #57
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Sandy,

I'm so glad you can get out and walk, but PLEASE be careful with that boot on!!!

Enjoy your newfound freedom.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 12:34 PM   #58
Tiramisu

Judy, THANKS. The weather is beautiful today and I actually got out at lunchtime for a short walk. It was awesome, being the most I've walked in six months or so!
Old 12-02-2008, 02:41 PM   #59
Janet

Yay!!! The crutches are gone!!! Maybe you could plant them in your yard in place of the trees you lost....lol. Just be very careful when you're out walking. I bet you feel like a free bird again...huh?
Old 12-02-2008, 04:28 PM   #60
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

I'm so glad that you're able to get around a little better than you were. Too bad about the fracture but it will heal quickly.

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote