4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Weight Loss Support

Old 06-23-2011, 06:49 PM   #61
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

I'm still doing well on the diet - day 18 and I have not gone over my calorie alotment yet. It is hard, I get very hungry sometimes, but I try to eat a 90 calorie bar to curb the hunger. I can also eat watermelon and that doesn't make me feel more hungry. I just wish I could find more things for snacks that were good tasting and low calorie!!!
Old 06-24-2011, 06:42 AM   #62
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
I really need to get busy like the rest of you and just stick to It. I was lying in bed this morning and could already feel pain before I even got out of bed. Elbow joints hurt and my knees...they ache so bad. I know it would help or even stop most of the pain if I'd just get some of this weight off. I weighed myself and I'm up to 258 lbs. Not good...not good at all. I start off well with losing and then the first bit of stress or anything really just sets me off and I eat. I try to tell myself it's a matter of life and death, but even that doesn't phase me. I wonder if hypnotism would work.....or at least help.
Old 06-24-2011, 08:45 AM   #63
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Janet, do you take glucosamine? It's over the counter, you can get it at Walmart. It lubricates the joints. EVERYONE should be taking it starting in the 40's. It helps prevent joint deterioration and pain. It really works. You only need plain glucosamine, 2000 my per day. You do not need glucosamine with chondroitin or with MSM, just plain.
Old 06-24-2011, 09:39 AM   #64
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

I thought I was going to lose weight in Europe, but I didn't. We walked almost all day every day, and my legs were aching, but I am still the same weight as before I left! Scott actually gained 5 lbs! But I think it was probably muscle, he's pretty scrawny

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 10:31 AM   #65
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Janet, my blood pressure is down to normal since I took off the weight. It really does help with your health.

I'm down to 132, and I would like to go down a little further still. I still have a puffy stomach though, and always will.

Gayle, I don't know how the new WW system works, but there were snacks when I was on it. Pirate's Booty, the small bag, was 1 point. Cantalop and honey dew were low in points. Grapes too. They also sell a lot of these 100 cal snack bags, like nabisco crackers. There is a really low cal snack in my supermarket. I forget the name, but I will look at it next time I go shopping. Jello and fat free Cool Whip are also low in points. There are also breads that are 1 point/slice. If you are craving carbs, that should do it. I used to try to figure out what I was craving, like crunchy salty, and then look for an alternative, like Pirate's Booty. Cantelope with low fat chocolate syrup satisfied my craving for sweets.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 01:21 PM   #66
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

I'm not doing WW, just counting calories - so I can eat most anything. It's just a matter of spending an hour or so in the grocery store looking over things that I like or might like that are low in calories. My problem with the 100 calorie packs is that there is so little in there, it's not worth spending 100 calories. I got 2 kinds of 90 calorie bars today and I really like one of them - the other is just OK. I do like watermelon so I've been eating that. When I crave salty, I eat the 100 calorie bags of low fat popcorn.
Old 06-24-2011, 01:48 PM   #67
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

I started the Adkins diet yesterday. It went pretty well so I'm excited to see how it goes. I went to the grocery store today........and WOW......I spent a lot on groceries!!! It will be worth it though if I can lose this weight!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 05:43 PM   #68
Janet

Thanks Gayle!!! I'm heading to Wal Mart tomorrow to pick up a prescription so I'll check out the glucosamine. Still...I need to get the weight off. I did load up the IPad2 with foods that I eat on a regular basis so I won't have to add them later. You all have me so motivated at this moment...I hope I can keep it up. With using Lose It....what do you do when you go out to eat? Do you ask for their food information? I think most restaurants are suppose to have it if requested, but I'm not sure.

Diana...being on Atkins or South Beach is expensive at first I thought, but gets better as you go along. Good luck to you....I hope you can get yourself healthier, I don't want anything happening to you.
Old 06-24-2011, 06:24 PM   #69
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

There are some restaurant foods on Lose It, but not many. When I eat out, I try to choose something like grilled chicken or something that I know the calorie count - grilled chicken is about 50 calories per oz and 4 ounces is about the size of the palm of your hand. If I have a grilled chicken sandwich, I know a small bun will be 120 and a large one 150. It will have some mayo - so I usually scrape some off and count 40 calories. Usually I just sorta wing it when we go out.
Old 06-24-2011, 06:24 PM   #70
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Diana, I'm glad to know that you started Adkins - I think you will do really well and it will help your blood sugar.
Old 06-25-2011, 09:53 AM   #71
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

I've been on it for a couple of days and have done really well with it but my blood sugar isn't showing any change........it's still high. I'm not sure what's going on but at least the doctor will be checking me again in a week or so.
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 04:28 PM   #72
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

You may not be on enough medication. You may need a higher dose. Try taking a 15 or 20 minute walk and see what happens with your blood sugar.
Old 06-25-2011, 06:48 PM   #73
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

I just discovered that Kelloggs Rice Crispy bars have 90 calories. They taste MUCH better than the 90 calorie granola bars I have tried. YAY! A good tasting 90 calorie snack.
Old 06-26-2011, 07:01 AM   #74
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Yummy! I LOVE BARS!!!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 09:05 AM   #75
Janet

I've been using the Lose It app since Friday and so far I've lost 2 lbs. It's kind of nice to be able to see what I'm eating and have it on my IPad. I hope I can keep it up. LOLOLOL....I should be at my goal weight Dec. 3, 2012. Now I just need to get off my butt and do some walking...I love to walk.