4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > All Else > Off Topic Discussion

Old 02-01-2011, 02:11 PM   #61
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
The sleet hitting the hospital window is loud!!!! Frankfort was just on the news and they said their were white-out conditions because of the sleet and that there was 3 inches of it on the ground so far.....yuk!

Colleges and Universities don't usually cancel classes around her but all of them her Laf. and Indy are.

Where in the heck is spring?
Old 02-01-2011, 02:18 PM   #62
lynne b

Send a message via Yahoo to lynne b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet View Post
The sleet hitting the hospital window is loud!!!! Frankfort was just on the news and they said their were white-out conditions because of the sleet and that there was 3 inches of it on the ground so far.....yuk!

Colleges and Universities don't usually cancel classes around her but all of them her Laf. and Indy are.

Where in the heck is spring?
electricity has gone off 2X now, came right back on, lets hope it stays on. It's ugly out there. Hope you are staying put there at the hospital.
Old 02-01-2011, 04:45 PM   #63
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Lynne, where are you? I hope you are HOME and not at work!!!
Old 02-02-2011, 04:23 AM   #64
Janet

Yes....I stayed at the hospital, but I want to go home. I've spent 2 nights in a row here and that is enough for me. I think for the first time....I'm not going to like Mom's nurse today. He is kind of a cocky SOB. All the others....male and female...have been absolutely wonderful. Still early...so I'll give him a chance.
Old 02-02-2011, 05:53 AM   #65
lynne b

Send a message via Yahoo to lynne b
Quote:
Originally Posted by gja1000 View Post
Lynne, where are you? I hope you are HOME and not at work!!!
ly
Yes Gayle i am at home and the power is staying on, will update on the weather thread.

Janet, I'm sorry that your day is not getting off to a good start with the nurse. You DO have the right to demand a different nurse if you problems with one, same with Dr's if you have problems with them you can request (not demand, I should have put that instead of demand) a different one or that the Dr only see the patient when a family member is present if you are not comfortable with the way they are doing things. Remember they are working for you, and sometimes you have to shop around for the right one.
Old 02-02-2011, 08:17 AM   #66
Janet

He's doing okay now.....my first impression just wasn't good.
Old 02-02-2011, 08:25 AM   #67
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

I'm glad that things are better with the nurse. I'm sure that you're more than ready to go home after 2 days in the hospital!! Can you even get home? Is the snow cleared from the roads yet?
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 06:14 AM   #68
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

I hope everyone up north is warm and safe! It is butt cold down here (for us). Lots of frozen pipes around town, none for us, thankfully. People down here are just not used to this kind of cold weather. I've seen people walking around in sweatshirt hoodies as a coat. I imagine that's all they've got - it just rarely gets this cold for this long down here.

We actually had to buy Gary a new down coat. His was 25 years old (rarely worn so in good shape) but (ahem) it wouldn't zip. LOL! We stopped at a western shop and they had ONE black down jacket in extra large and it fit and it was on SALE! We were lucky because Gary has monkey arms (long arms) and sometimes shirts and jacket sleeves are too short for him. This jacket fit perfectly though.

We are supposed to have snow tonight and tomorrow - again, pretty unusual for us, although we had a dusting last winter too.

Everyone bundle up and stay warm!
Old 02-03-2011, 06:36 AM   #69
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Oh Gayle, it's BEAUTIFUL up here It was -3 degrees C (26.6 F) and the highways were muddy and melting on our way into the city this morning. My coworker from Arizona said it was -8C in Arizona this morning when he checked the weather. I can't believe it's February and warmer in Saskatchewan than Arizona lol!

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 11:03 AM   #70
JJJ
Donating 4WT Addict

What I wore to school today:

Knit pantyhose, knee highs, socks, pajama pants and jeans.

Muscle shirt, shirt, turtleneck, turtleneck sweater, hood sweater and long jacket.

Gloves on top of gloves and ear covers.

No joke, I can't stand the cold.
JJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 12:30 PM   #71
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

LOL! Jessica, that's the way I feel - I can't get enough clothes on!

I just talked to my daughter and she is in Houston for the weekend. She said sleet was coming down and when I looked at the radar, sure enough, you can see sleet/snow in the Houston area. None yet here in Austin (fingers crossed).

Lindsay, that is too funny! My friend in Denver, Colorado said their high temp was higher than ours here in Austin and they don't have any chance of snow where we have a 50% chance! Go figure!
Old 02-03-2011, 12:38 PM   #72
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Oh Jessica, be glad you live where you do because I don't think you could survive here

It's now +3 degrees C which is about 37 degrees F. I'm wearing a sleeveless knit sweaterdress with thin black knit leggings and boots... and this isn't even jacket weather! In just ONE DAY the temperature difference was about 40 degrees Celsius, and so about 77 degrees Fahrenheit. That temperature change is crazy!

We're supposed to dip back down way below freezing on Sunday... back to below normal temperatures.

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 05:45 PM   #73
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Your weather is interesting Linds! I remember you wearing summer clothes and getting snow in the same day!

My weather is pretty much always the same. Snow, either in the morning, or all day. It has warmed up though, and the sun has been out for the past 3 days. That's the clincher up here. When days are dreary and grey for a week or so, everyone is miserable. When it is sunny out, you can see big smiles! I don't go out when it is below 15 - 16 degrees anyway, unless I absolutely have to.

Our roads are clear too, unless it is snowing heavily. I don't go out in that either, unless I must.

It is also so pretty up here, except that the snow has gotten that dirty look because it's just laying there for so many weeks. I do have to get my roof cleaned off again. I just had it done, but it can cause leaks down the walls!

Keep warm everyone, and stay safe!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 06:19 PM   #74
Janet

We haven't had school for 3 days but today we did...2-hour delay too. There is so much ice...3-6 inches of the stuff. Can't break it so everyone has to be very careful. Suppose to get more snow starting tomorrow....just what we need. I do not like snow or winter. I'm really ready for spring.
Old 02-04-2011, 09:28 PM   #75
JJJ
Donating 4WT Addict

I was suppose to see snow at midnight and nothing

It was very cold today when I woke up, there was ice everywhere. But no white snow. I'm pretty sure some parts of Houston did but not my area.
JJJ is offline   Reply With Quote