4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Weight Loss Support

Old 07-02-2010, 08:42 AM   #61
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by judy View Post
What are those counters Diana? .........
I tried and tried to get one on yesterday but I don't think that this site allows them. Here's a site that has them. They're pretty cool! You put them where your signature goes and it shows everyone how much you've lost.

http://www.tickerfactory.com/ezticke...ner.php?type=3
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 05:11 PM   #62
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

That is a great thing Diana! If we can't have one here, I'm just going to post my weight weekly. Being accountable is very helpful!!!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 02:59 PM   #63
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Very helpful indeed and embarassing ...lol...at least for me. I do need to try harder, but when you're not very happy it's hard to really care. I'll tell you one thing for sure....I will sure be happy when I see all of you!!!!
Old 07-04-2010, 04:10 PM   #64
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

Just think Janet.. one of these days Ricky will have kids, and they will need a healthy grandma to play with I can't wait to meet up with everybody, too!
Old 07-07-2010, 04:53 PM   #65
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Well, it's Wednesday evening - so tomorrow must be Thursday. How did everyone do this past week?

I didn't do as well - I had to eat out more than I would have liked (when I am trying to control my eating). I think I lost a pound, but could have lost 2 if not for too much restaurant food.

How 'bout the rest of you?
Old 07-07-2010, 06:38 PM   #66
DianaB

I didn't realize that we were making this an accountability thread I ate too much left over wedding cake so I'm not ready........but I'll weigh anyway!!!
Old 07-09-2010, 12:31 PM   #67
JJJ
Donating 4WT Addict

For you ladies that want to lose weight I recommend you have at least 5 small meals a day. Quantity matters alot when your in a diet, what you want to do is train your tummy to take in less food. Pack your refrigerator with veggie trays so you can snack in between. Also remember fruit juices have tons of sugar too, better than soda thought. If you do cardio excercise, feel free to indulge once a week in a meal you've craved. Fish is good for dieting but keep in mind salmon has alot of oil, so a white fish is a better choice. If you want to substitute sugar I recommend you use Splenda I think natural sugar is healthier but hey. Steam all your veggies, make sure you don't overcook them or they will lose there benefits. Use herbs for seasoning, throw away the salt. Fiber-Fiber-Fiber

When it comes to exercise, weather is not an excuse. Walk on your tipi-toes going up the stairs. When your sitting down cramp your stomach in and out ( you can squeeze your buttocks muscles too). When nobody's home march (raise your knees as far up as you can) everywhere you go. Those are little things you can do to fire up your body. Then next thing you know you will be craving to go out and start joggin. Cardio-Cardio-Cardio

That's all I can think of right now, hopefully it helps a little.
JJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 01:06 PM   #68
DianaB

Thanks for the suggestions!!
Old 07-09-2010, 08:06 PM   #69
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

Very sound advice JJJ, thanks!!
Old 07-10-2010, 06:52 AM   #70
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Oops! I forgot in all of this heat! I'm going to weigh myself right now!

Okay! I'm back and happy! I weigh 138.5, so I lost a pound

I've been eating fattening stuff though, so I better be careful or it will catchup next week! I went to the city on Tuesday, so it was a junk food day, went out to dinner Thursday and had a cheesburger and fries, and an Italian hero last night for dinner. I'm just so sick of the WW frozen meals, and they are very expensive.
I did get a small grill for my deck, and maybe grilling up some veggies and meat, and maybe a potato for dinners will be better. It's just so complicated to put the grill together! I do a little bit at a time!

My goal is to lose 5 more pounds. I know that doesn't sound like much, but I am only about 5'1" and small boned. I also don't exercise, and my metabolism is so much slower than it used to be! A lot of the weight is in my stomach. I don't really care about a little extra in my legs, or my butt, I just hate the stomach and the muffin top when I wear a shirt!

Am I the only one posting my weight? It doesn't matter, as long as we all are accountable in some way. At least for me, being accountable is very important, so I am going to post my poundage.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 08:01 AM   #71
DianaB

My weight stayed about the same. We haven't gone swimming this week because of the rain and the water's cooler. The rain washed out my blue dye so my pond is back to mud color Bummer!!!! We've been eating lots of fruit!! Yummmmmm!!!!!
Old 07-11-2010, 06:02 AM   #72
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Didn't lose any...but didn't gain back the pound either...lol. It's hard when my heart just isn't in it. Have too many other things to worry about right now to worry about weight too. I'm just trying not to go overboard on eating and maybe that will help until I can give it my best.
Old 07-14-2010, 07:55 AM   #73
DianaB

Stress makes it hard to lose weight too. Things will get better!!! Life's an adventure!!!
Old 07-14-2010, 08:00 AM   #74
DianaB

I sent an e-mail to Admin to see if we can get the weight counters for our signature!!
Old 07-14-2010, 08:09 AM   #75
JJJ
Donating 4WT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by judy View Post
Oops! I forgot in all of this heat! I'm going to weigh myself right now!

Okay! I'm back and happy! I weigh 138.5, so I lost a pound

I've been eating fattening stuff though, so I better be careful or it will catchup next week! I went to the city on Tuesday, so it was a junk food day, went out to dinner Thursday and had a cheesburger and fries, and an Italian hero last night for dinner. I'm just so sick of the WW frozen meals, and they are very expensive.
I did get a small grill for my deck, and maybe grilling up some veggies and meat, and maybe a potato for dinners will be better. It's just so complicated to put the grill together! I do a little bit at a time!

My goal is to lose 5 more pounds. I know that doesn't sound like much, but I am only about 5'1" and small boned. I also don't exercise, and my metabolism is so much slower than it used to be! A lot of the weight is in my stomach. I don't really care about a little extra in my legs, or my butt, I just hate the stomach and the muffin top when I wear a shirt!

Am I the only one posting my weight? It doesn't matter, as long as we all are accountable in some way. At least for me, being accountable is very important, so I am going to post my poundage.
Hey that's me too

I'm also 5'1 and small bone, currently I'm 95lbs. I don't want to loose weight or gain weight but I do want to gain muscle. I know the older you get the slower your metabolsim gets.

Have you tried a corset? It should help alot in the tummy area. Especially if you don't like to exercise. I also love the brand Lipo in a box, to cover up your flaws.
JJJ is offline   Reply With Quote