4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > General Women Discussion

Old 10-09-2010, 08:17 AM   #61
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

That is so true Gayle. Janet..GO FISHING!!

I'm on the computer, and watching Mike trying to install a bigger doggy door. The outside door is metal... It's fast becoming a comedy of errors Of course he doesn't thing it's too funny. He's gone to buy another blade, lol!

I don't know what we'll do this afternoon. I personally would like to go back to bed
Old 10-09-2010, 11:17 AM   #62
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
You know Betsi....you should be video taping Mike...lol.

Gayle...My Dad passed away with a fishing pole in his hand. My parents and some camping friends of their went to Traverse City, Michigan for a fishing/camping trip. They were down at the bank fishing when my Dad started making some grunting noise and their friend told my Dad to quit goofing off, because he was always teasing her. He was grunting for air, was lying on his back and had a heart attack and passed away doing something he loved doing.

I did get my living room and hall carpet cleaned today and everything is moved back in. With temps in the 80's and fans everywhere....it dried pretty quick. Right now I'm just cooling off and then I'm headed for the shower.
Old 10-11-2010, 07:08 PM   #63
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

I have been busy for the past few days. My summer friends came up because of the 3 day weekend. I ran for the Board of Directors of the condo, but I lost! My friends were wonderful about it, and so were Jessie and Mackenzie. A lot of people were upset that I didn't win, which, let me tell you, took a lot of that pain away! My ego is bruised because that's human nature, and I am angry that they voted in a fuddy duddy lawyer instead of me. The other woman who won is very nice, and I think I made a new friend. She is up here about 3 weeks each month, and I like her a lot. I will run again next year.

I spent time with my friends, went to a fiddling festival yesterday that was just amazing! There is nothing like live music. Jay Ungar and Molly Mason were there. They have played for 3 presidents, and won an emmy for "Ashokan Farewell." It is such a beautiful song. Check it out here:

I did nothing today. I was supposed to go to a women's center dinner, but lazed out.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 01:17 PM   #64
Janet

I had trouble getting the video to come up so as soon as I get done....I'll just go directly to youtube.

Today I picked up Brenna from the Vet. She's a little sore and not moving around much. When she does move...she scurries. I think the stitches pull some and it bothers her. She is eating and doing well. Joey seems to be back to his ole self already....can't believe how well he is doing.

Ricky is out in a tree stand with his bow...waiting on some defenseless deer to walk by. I've just not done a whole lot of anything today. Tomorrow I get my hair cut and then probably laundry since I haven't done any since Sunday.
Old 10-12-2010, 09:42 PM   #65
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Sorry gals.....I've been busy still!! I had my jewelry party on Friday and was surprised at the good turn out!! I had 13 adults show up and had two orders before the show!! We had a lot of fun with the girls really acting up!! I'm not sure how good my sales were but we're closing the show tomorrow and I'll know then.

We had Chi Alpha here on Saturday. They came about 1:00 and stayed until about 11:00!!! They forgot the porta-potties so I had the kids in the house but they are so polite and great kids that I really didn't mind. I went out and watched them carve pumpkins!! So funny......remember these are college students and one carved a pumpkin "pi"!!!

I got to talk to several of them......from Germany, Africa, India, Haiti, and some Orientals.....and maybe others. It's always so interesting!!

Sunday we had church then went out to eat at our favorite Chinese restaurant in a local town then went to Wal-mart with Dae Lynn and Damon. Then we made it back to town in time for church again. We had an evangelist Sunday through Tuesday. He was really good!!!

I called an antique mall in Joplin and reserved a glass case for me to put some of my things in. I'm not selling hardly anything here in Fredonia so I'm going to move a lot of it to a bigger store so I'm pricing some stuff to take over there on Thursday.

Life has just been crazy lately!! The good news is that I'm feeling really good and have lost a little bit more weight!! Now if I can just keep my sanity through October!!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 06:21 AM   #66
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

I'm hoping to plant some broccoli and cauliflower today. It's a bit late, but I think it will do OK. The plants for both are so beautiful that even if it doesn't make any food, that's OK.

I worked in the yard most of the day yesterday, watering mostly. We are pretty dry not having any rain to speak of in the last month. I'm ready for some!
Old 10-17-2010, 01:16 PM   #67
Janet

Today...I haven't done much of anything. I had bought a 3-wheel scooter at an auction that I thought would be nice for my Mom or my older brother Jerry. It's 5 years old and doesn't look like it's been rode on at all. Even the tires still have the little nipple things on them. This is what I bought... http://www.aeromobility.com/sonic-scooter.html I only paid $60.00 for it. My brother wanted to pay me more, but he's my brother and I didn't buy it to make a profit. I just asked him for the $60 I paid and to let Mom use it once in awhile. So....everyone is happy.
I'm always happy when my brother comes out to the house....I really love that guy!
Old 10-17-2010, 01:54 PM   #68
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

WOW! You got a STEAL. Way to go Janet!!!

I did plant my cauliflower and broccoli. Then I went to the sporting goods store and bought some running shoes for my granddaughter. She says she's going to start running, but I doubt it, we'll see.
Old 10-17-2010, 05:20 PM   #69
DianaB

You got a buy, Janet!!!!! Too bad that you didn't make a profit on it but I understand when it's family......

We went to church this morning and out to eat afterwards. Then we took a washer and two dryers to a little town about 25 miles away.......Dae Lynn had a garage sale yesterday and sold them for $10.....ALL of them........but the guy didn't pick them up........Well, Glen didn't know that and he went to town and got the trailer and brought it home with the three appliances on it. It ended up that Dae Lynn had the guys name and we ran them up to him......it probably cost us more than $10 to haul them up to him. LOL......However, Glen had a cousin that just passed away and her home was up near there and it's been for sale for awhile and we checked to see what it needs to sell. I think that we're going to talk to her daughter about cleaning it up and finding out what she wants done with everything because she lives in Georgia. It was really hard to be in Karen's home knowing that she's not coming back. She was a very dear friend to me and I'm going to miss her.

Then we weren't too far from Jaci's house so we called her and she and Nate were working in the field so we went by and visited with them for awhile. I think that she was really tickled that we showed up. Boy....I sure miss having that girl around.

We missed going to church this evening because it was a special service for one of the girls at church. Now I need to price some things for the new antique mall that I have a booth in. Dae Lynn, the kids, and I are going to Jopling tomorrow to put some stuff in. Keep your fingers crossed that I sell something!!!!
Old 10-18-2010, 07:36 AM   #70
Janet

I just loved the sound of your weekend Diana....you always seem to have something fun to do. I hope you sell lots of items.
Old 10-18-2010, 02:02 PM   #71
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

It's been a busy day. Gary had an appt at the heart failure clinic and they are all in agreement, that his shortness of breath and activity intolerance last week was NOT due to his heart failure - which is good - but what the HECK caused it??? They think it is his lungs - but what caused his lungs to act up so violently???? We see the pulmonary doc tomorrow - but I know we aren't going to get any answers........ It probably was related to the fever he had - maybe a virus - I sure hope he doesn't get any more of those viruses. At least he is feeling better and his oxygen levels are normal (for him) when he is at rest (sitting in his lazy boy chair) so that is good. His oxygen is still dropping too low when he gets up and walks around, but I think it is getting better.

I had a cyst on my back removed this afternoon. I've had this darned thing since I was a teenager. It was always there, but didn't cause any problems. Well about a month ago, it swelled up almost like a golf ball . I went to the dermatologist and had to get cortisone injections and antibiotics to calm it down so they could remove it. The procedure (in the office) to remove it was today and it turned out to be a double cyst, so it took longer and they wrestled with it more than they thought they would have to. There is a small chance it will come back, since it was double - but hopefully not! I'm going to have a sore back for a few days.
Old 10-18-2010, 08:52 PM   #72
DianaB

I hope that Gary's alright but I think that it's good that you check it out and make sure. You DO take such good care of him!!!

You didn't mention that you had a cyst!!!! A golf ball sized one!!!! That's pretty big!! A double cyst.....does that mean that there were two of them together? I bet that would be harder to remove.......I hope it goes away and you don't have any more trouble with it. Hugs!!!
Old 10-19-2010, 07:35 AM   #73
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

We are in the lung doc's office. They think maybe this might be garys asthma without the common asthma symptoms. They did the lung tests and now he just finished a breathing treatment, then they will repeat the lung tests. I hope this is the cause of his shortness of breath cuz it sure is frustrating to not know what is going on

Yep, it was a big double cyst. Hopefully it is gone forever.
Old 10-19-2010, 01:11 PM   #74
DianaB

Wink

Dae Lynn, Karlie, Dean, and I went to Joplin yesterday. I rented a locked case and I took some of my flea market stuff over there. It's quite a ways from us but it's a really large flea market and they have a LOT of people that go through there. I sure hope that I start getting some stuff sold. I had talked to a woman that works there a few months ago and she recommended that I rent a both for Oct., Nov, and Dec. because people will be Christmas shopping.....she also said that they have a special group of sellers that come through and buy a lot!!

We had a good time and Karlie was pretty good......anyway until she got tired.....then she gets hyper!! We shopped at Kohl's, Target, and Walmart. We took Karlie to a pet store and she got to play with a couple of puppies and we got to sit and rest for awhile!! Then we ate at Olive Garden. It was a fun day but I'm not used to shopping with the kids.......I was worn out by the time we got home!!!
Old 10-19-2010, 01:39 PM   #75
Janet

I called and spoke with a good friend today...it had been a little while. Did a bunch of cleaning and some laundry. Still need to get a few things done. I want to have the house cleaned by the weekend so no work will have to be done to the house. We have Monday off for a teacher day so it will be a longer fun weekend.