4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > General Women Discussion

Old 06-29-2012, 11:10 AM   #76
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Well, Dae Lynn and Damon made an offer on a house and it was accepted!!! They are so excited!! It's right on the edge of town and we drive by it everytime we go to town......in fact a friend of ours lives there!!! It has almost 7 acres.....a pond......and a really nice trailer house that is rented out. In fact the trailer rents for $400 a month and their payments will be around $600 so they'll only be paying $200 of their own money to make payments!! It's too good of a deal to pass up!!! The house is an older home......but it has three bedrooms, two bath rooms, and a sun room!! She's not too excited about the sun room though because it's hot and cold. There's a lot of room for chickens, and their goats, and a garden plus room to spare!!

Today she's talking to the bank and getting her loan papers in. They haven't talked to Glen about it so that none of the kids can say that he is paying for it OR helping them out. He can honestly say that he didn't have anything to do with it. We had rumors go around when they looked at the last house and they came back to Jason......that we were buying the house for them. We don't know where it came from unless it was from the seller but Jason was pretty upset over it. He knew that we don't have the money to do that but it didn't make any difference he still complained. Good grief!! Anyway. the kids are being more careful about rumors and stuff this time. They're not telling hardly anyone until the house is theirs. I'm sure that they'll still have to deal with jealousy issues.

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 02:30 PM   #77
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
That's great news Diana and I'm so happy for them. I know they've been wanting their own place and now they have one.....all on their own. Let the others feel the shame thinking they couldnt do anything on their own and let Damon and Dae Lynn feel the joy! Tell Dae Lynn I'm so happy for her.
Old 06-30-2012, 10:30 AM   #78
DianaB

Thank you, Janet. I'll let her know!!

On Sunday evening Damon quit chewing Skoal and every day this week he's been grumpier and grumpier. Today after I got home from garage sales Dae Lynn was on the phone with Damon. When she got off I could tell she was grouchy......she told me that she was going to town.....so I asked what she was going to do.......and she's going to go and buy Skoal for Damon!! I think that she's reached her limit with him trying to go off of the stuff!!! With all that's been going on she really doesn't need him to be grouchy!!!

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 06-30-2012, 02:31 PM   #79
Janet

I hope she doesn't buy it. If he was trying to get through it and she buys it, then he was a grouch for nothing...lol...if you know what I mean. It's the same when quitting smoking, you get kind of grouchy until you get over that hump and then it's okay again.
Old 07-04-2012, 09:10 AM   #80
DianaB

Yes, she bought it. Things are so stressful with family and buying the house.....and getting a loan that she needs him to not be so grumpy. I recommended that maybe next time he go to the doctor and get some patches. I thought that with them not living together that it would be a good time but not with everything going on.

Dae Lynn's working on getting a low income loan. It's a hassle but she's a smart girl and will get it figured out. She's got excellent credit history but Damon has horrible credit history and even has some things that were never paid for before they got married hanging over his head. It may not work out on the loan.....we'll see.....they said that they would let her know in a couple of days. Dae Lynn's up and down with all of this going on.

We're not telling any of the kids about them buying the house until they have got the loan and everything is set.....otherwise they'll hear negative things from the other kids. It gets so old!!

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 07-04-2012, 11:38 AM   #81
Janet

Well I hope things work out for her. Would it help to just have it in her name since Damon's credit is so bad? I'm sure Dae Lynn will do what is best for both of them. Have you told Glen yet?
Old 07-06-2012, 12:19 PM   #82
DianaB

The loan will be taken out in Dae Lynn's name because of her good credit history. They should be getting a letter either today or tomorrow to let them know about the loan. I sure hope they get it. They deserve a break!!

Yes, Dae Lynn finally told Glen. Actually, they couldn't buy a house with a rental so Glen is buying the rental but it's with the kid's money. We're not paying anything. It's in name only so they can get the loan.....then we'll sign it back over to them in a year or so. Again.....they will be paying ALL expenses. It was a loophole that Dae Lynn found a way around. The guy she talked to told her she was pretty smart for figuring that out!!!

They'll tell the rest of the family as soon as they are sure they have financing. Glen's not happy about that but if they don't get the loan they don't need the rest of the family saying that they should have known that they couldn't do that......so tired of the put-downs and negative remarks.

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 07-06-2012, 02:09 PM   #83
Janet

I know how you feel Diana. Really Glen should be happy about it. Dae Lynn told her parents....it's really no one else's business what they buy. I'm wishing her the best of everything...I know she has to be excited and I don't want her to be disappointed.
Old 07-09-2012, 04:36 PM   #84
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Good for Dae Lynn and Damon! Let the naysayers talk to each othere if they have what to say!

I wish them the best, and am keeping them and the kids in my prayers!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 09:02 AM   #85
DianaB

Thanks Guys!!

Dae Lynn got a letter yesterday and it sounded like they were turned down but that they would work with them on getting the loan.......when she called that wasn't so. They were declined because of Damon's bad credit history. The credit place that they looked was different than what Dae Lynn looked at and it was much, much worse. Dae Lynn was in tears and I felt so bad for her.

This morning I have the kids and she and Damon are in at the bank talking to them. I hope that it's good news. They will be checking all of their options with them.......we have a great bank that we go to and they know Dae Lynn.....and Glen, so hopefully they will be able to come up with something to help them out.....in Dae Lynn's name, of course. I'm anxious to hear what they're finding out.

Dae Lynn got a really nice FB e-mail from the lady who owns the house, she's a friend from church.....and she told them how excited she was to have them own her house. It was so sweet of her.....she a very dear woman. I just hope it all works out.

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 07-10-2012, 09:19 AM   #86
paula1961

I sure hope that everything works out with the house for Dae Lyn. I truly believe that everyone deserves a second chance. And I am a firm believer in that when someone is down........you don't kick them. I wish them all the luck in the world.
paula1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 11:23 AM   #87
Janet

Keeping my fingers crossed and heart in prayer for Dae Lynn and Damon. I do hope they can get the financing.
Old 07-11-2012, 07:05 AM   #88
DianaB

They talked to the bank and it sounds like there won't be a problem!! They should know about the loan in a couple of days. They won't have to divide the property up to buy it either so they have to sign new contracts. The banker told them that if they come in and talk to him he will help Damon get his credit score up and help them get that debt down. They were very encouraged. Dae Lynn is getting really excited that this really will work out!! I guess that they won't be closing until the end of August though because that's what the seller wants to do. She's going to have to have an auction to get rid of a lot of stuff.

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 07-11-2012, 12:00 PM   #89
Janet

Yay!!!! I'm so happy for them. Maybe when Damon sees that things really can work in a positive way, it will help him to be more positive. Yay Yay Yay!!!!!
Old 07-11-2012, 02:02 PM   #90
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Wonderful!!! God works in mysterious ways! It looks like this was meant to be!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote