4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Weight Loss Support

Old 06-26-2011, 12:06 PM   #76
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

I see everyone is watching their weigh and you can add me in. I don't really count calories just started eating healthy thanks to Dr. Oz lol . I normally run a BP of 110/70 but the past year I have been a little higher so my dr. checks me every three mts. I go back this Thurs. to see. I have had lots of stress lately , not good I keep everything bottled inside but I have been working through my issues. So hopefully my BP is back to normal this week..

Along with eating healther I have cut out most sweets I no longer crave for cake and cookies as I use to. I indulge every once in awhile. I am addicted to honey roasted peanuts don't know if they are fattening or not, but I think nuts are healthy. Anyone know about how fattening peanuts are? I eat plenty of grilled chicken and salads, I am feeling like a rabbit. lol I just love the orange sherbet ice cream bars they dont seem so high in fat either.. That is my treat. I also eat lots of yogurts to.

As far as exercising as I mention I take Zumba classes twice a week and that works for me....
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 03:45 PM   #77
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Gina, honey roasted peanuts are pretty high in calories and fat. There are approx 150 calories and 14 grams of fat in one ounce. That's probably about 3o nuts, depending on the size of the nuts.
Old 06-26-2011, 03:45 PM   #78
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Well......I BLEW IT TODAY...lol. My wonderful son brought home a Little Caesar's pizza....stupid stupid me....I ate 4 freak'n pieces and 2 of the crazy bread. What the heck is wrong with me!! I was under on my calories yesterday, but I'm 748 over today. I need my head examined. I'll start over tomorrow.
Old 06-26-2011, 04:15 PM   #79
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

That's the spirit, Janet. Just get back on the wagon! Today is done.

I'm really liking the Lose It app. It helps me to be able to see what I have eaten and for some reason it has been good motivation.
Old 06-26-2011, 05:49 PM   #80
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Oh thank you so much Gayle for that info. I have been eating them by the handfuls. I should have realized anything that yummy is bad for you. lol I will no longer be eating them daily

Janet don't beat yourself up , once in awhile you are allowed to fall off the wagon, tomorrow is a new day.
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 07:50 PM   #81
Janet

Quote:
Originally Posted by gja1000 View Post
That's the spirit, Janet. Just get back on the wagon! Today is done.

I'm really liking the Lose It app. It helps me to be able to see what I have eaten and for some reason it has been good motivation.
I really like the app too so thank you so much for letting me know about it. It really is motivating seeing all the information. Guess I should have looked at it before I ate the darn pizza.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina View Post
Oh thank you so much Gayle for that info. I have been eating them by the handfuls. I should have realized anything that yummy is bad for you. lol I will no longer be eating them daily

Janet don't beat yourself up , once in awhile you are allowed to fall off the wagon, tomorrow is a new day.
I know it's okay once in awhile Gina....LOLOL....but I just started Friday or Saturday. I'll do better tomorrow. Also...I found a bigger purse that I just fell in love with. I got it for 1/2 price so I only paid $15.00 for it. My IPad fits in it just right now if I'm at a restaurant...I can check it!!
Old 06-27-2011, 04:34 AM   #82
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet View Post
I found a bigger purse that I just fell in love with. I got it for 1/2 price so I only paid $15.00 for it. My IPad fits in it just right now if I'm at a restaurant...I can check it!!
That is GREAT! I carry a backpack purse and my iPad will fit into it also. I love having it with me when I'm out and about. I have Lose It on my iPhone so when I'm at a restaurant, I can look up things also. It really helps.
Old 06-27-2011, 04:54 AM   #83
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

What kind of purse, Janet? Did you get a Vera Bradley?

If you watch calories, and spread it out over a week, you can make up for those extra pizza calories more or less over 7 days, Janet.

Gina, I was eating honey roasted cashews by the handful, until I read the Caloric content! Sad!!!

My summer friends are up for the summer! I didn't realize it was so late im June! I am so glad they are here. Now, I have to work in seeing Jessie and enjoying being with my friends. She is very understanding, and knows that I love the pool and wait for summer all year, but she isn't feeling well. I didn't go to her yesterday because all of them had a sore throat kind of thing.

She has not been feeling well from her MS for about 4 months now. She is tired, has pain, has been dropping things, and her cognition (which I don't mention to her) has been off. I am praying that it passes quickly.

Send her your prayers please.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 09:11 AM   #84
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Judy, I'm sorry that Jessie's MS is flaring up again. I'll be praying for her. That has to be so difficult to watch as her mother.

I've been doing really good with my Atkins but still I'm not seeing any progress!! Hopefully it's just going to take awhile to get going!! Keep your fingers crossed for me!!!

My blood sugar is still high but I'm having a few low ones too. You'd think that with very few carbs that my blood sugar would be very low!! Oh well.....the doctor will be checking it all out next week.
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 03:15 PM   #85
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Thanks Diana! It is very hard to watch because we don't know if this is just a flare up, or if it won't go away this time. MS seems to have its' own mind! She has bounced back from other flare ups, but there is no guarantee. If I think about it, I get so scared. I cannot imagine how she feels!

I think you need to take a week or so to see some weight change on the Adkins. It sounds good that your sugar has gone down at times!

Old 06-27-2011, 05:33 PM   #86
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

MS is a very unpredictable disease, it advances a lot in some people and not so much in others. The uncertainty must be maddening.
Old 06-27-2011, 05:38 PM   #87
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

I'm still doing well on my diet. I had 3.5 oz. of steak tonight, but I budgeted for it so I didn't go over. I had grilled okra and steamed squash with it, so that helped me to not go over my calorie allotment. Gary bought these steaks one day he went shopping. He was so proud of himself, they looked like REALLY good steaks (and they were). I didn't have the heart to tell him I really shouldn't eat it - so I was just very very careful today before dinner.

I still get hungry sometimes, but either I fight it or eat some sort of snack. I'm feeling A LOT better, so I think I can keep it up. The really hard part will be next week in Oklahoma. Gary's sisters try to outdo each other in cooking, particularly snacks and desserts. Plus we will go out to eat A LOT. I hope I can keep it together for 7 days!!!!!
Old 06-27-2011, 05:57 PM   #88
Janet

I didn't use all my calories today....after I went to the Dr., got my meds...I slept all afternoon and evening. I thought I'd check here before I conk out for the night. He put me on Flexeril and Prednisone. Hopefully it will work...I've taken one dose of each and so far nothing has changed...just very sleepy. It takes time.

I was suppose to go to the eye dr. at Wal Mart but had to cancel because of the drugs. Thought it best if I wait another week or two.

I'm sorry Jessie hasn't been feeling well...of course I'll keep her in my prayers. It has to be hard for you watching your daughter suffer at times. It would be scary wondering if it was a flare up or worse.

The purse I got was from Target....I love Vera Bradley, but just wanted a change. I ended up buying two purses...lol. They have such a big selection at the store in Lafayette.

Diana, if I remember right it was slow going the first week and then bam!!! The weight started falling off when I was on South Beach Diet. It's similiar to Atkins. I'm able to lose weight easily and fast at first....I always feel so good about it, but my plateaus are long and tedious and then I lose the ambition. So I end up gaining it all back plus.
Old 06-27-2011, 05:59 PM   #89
Janet

I just checked my upper post and it says posted at 7:57 PM, but it's 9:59...hmmmm have to check this out.
Janet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 06:34 AM   #90
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

MS is terrifying, especially when there are grandchildren too. Thank goodness for delusion and denial! And, antidepressants. I have learned to force myself to live in the present and to enjoy what there is right now. I also make myself put the worry in the back of my mind. Lately, I have been hearing how MS is a progressive disease though. I really don't want to hear about this!

Janet, how long are you on the prednisone for? What did the doctor say is wrong anyway?