4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > All Else > Off Topic Discussion

Old 02-11-2011, 05:49 PM   #91
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
If you're lucky enough to have a heated basement or crawl space that helps, otherwise...we just leave the doors under the sinks open and let the water just trickle enough to keep it moving.

I'm so excited...even though it's in the 30's for awhile...by next Friday...it's suppose to get up to 57 degrees. If it does.....I will be soooooo happy. I'm so ready for the snow to be gone.
Old 02-13-2011, 11:20 AM   #92
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaa we are having a heat wave!!!
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 06:59 PM   #93
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

The weather was gorgeous today - 70 degrees! Yesterday I cleaned out all the old plants from the garden at the new house. They had some blackberry bushes - the thorny kind. Gary was so happy to have berry bushes but the thorns were driving me crazy so I took them out and promised to plant some thornless blackberries. Well today we went to the Tractor Supply store (to find farmer Acton some overalls LOL!) and lo and behold, they had some bare root thornless blackberry plants. So I got six and planted them. I guess it's a good thing I cleaned out the beds yesterday and the weather was perfect for cleaning and planting!
Old 02-14-2011, 04:27 PM   #94
Janet

I wish it was planting weather here....you're so lucky.
Old 02-22-2011, 02:37 PM   #95
lynne b

Send a message via Yahoo to lynne b
we had rain,sleet snow yesterday, i'm so tired of it all. went to bed around 9:30 shortly after the phone rang, it was the sherrif so hubby had to leave to sand some roads, about 12:30 his cell rang i assumed he had gotten home so i didn't get up, well then the home phone rang so i get up looking for hubby and he wasn't here he had forgotten his cell phone (which he never does) so i answer the phone it's the sherrif office looking for hubby so i tell them he is out but forgot his phone, so they get him on the cb radio. he got home just shortly after that.
I had noticed when i got up at 12:30 that there was a car in the neighbors drive way running, didn't think anything about it, well after hubby got home it was still there running, about 1AM i here loud music, it's coming from the car geezz!!! hubby had to get up at 3:30 am to go back to work wich means i have to get up early to take care of the dogs and get myself ready for work. This is the way it has been for the past couple of months, i am so tired of interupted sleep because of this weather. I need spring to get here fast.
Old 02-22-2011, 06:15 PM   #96
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Oh Lynne, what a bummer. I didn't realize your hubby worked for the city, or county? I do understand that as I had some relatives growing up that did the same. Oh and I lived in Oklahoma where we had quite a bit of ice/snow every winter.

I'll be glad to give you some warm weather - it's been in the 80's for the past several days, had to run the AC in the house. Today was 65 where it is supposed to be this time of year - but it will be back in the 70's tomorrow and for the rest of the week. BLEH! I fear this means we are going to have an early and HOT summer. I hate the summer, just like you hate the winter; although I will say a hard winter is much more disruptive than a hot summer - so I guess I'll shut up now.
Old 02-23-2011, 10:35 AM   #97
Janet

We had a two hour delay yesterday morning due to the ice. Man....I really really hate winter! Today is cold, but suppose to get into the 40's and then.....Thursday evening 1-3 inches of ice/snow by Friday morning. Yuk...Yuk...Yuk!!!! Probably end up with another 2 hour delay on Friday....we'll see.
Old 02-23-2011, 11:12 AM   #98
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

It rained and snowed here yesterday... I think it was around -15 degrees C. When I went outside after work, the doors of my car were frozen shut! I was finally able to get in my passenger door and throw my weight against the drivers side to open it! It was pretty icy on the roads too and I narrowly avoided an accident (turning my wheel so I could slide BESIDE a truck instead of into it!) and making me have to take a big detour because of it!

On the bright side, I saw the sunrise this morning. It's not pitch black on the way to work anymore. That means spring is coming! The snow should be gone by May... we're almost there!

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 08:13 AM   #99
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

We're under a windchill warning today. Currently it's -32 degrees and snowing, with a windchill of -44 degrees (-47.2 F). I didn't even realize until I saw all my friends complaining on facebook about how cold it is! Wimps lol! Maybe I was just in too much of a hurry this morning to feel it!

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Old 02-24-2011, 03:44 PM   #100
Janet

Looks like we're due to get 5-8 inches of snow and ice overnight. Blah!!!! Spring....please come soon....I think I'm going crazy!!!
Old 02-24-2011, 05:41 PM   #101
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

It was 85 here today. You all go ahead and complain about the snow/cold now and I'll complain about the heat in the summer!
Old 02-25-2011, 06:24 AM   #102
Janet

I really don't like it too hot, but this snow and ice is beginning to get to me. Maybe a couple days of 85 degree weather would help me..
Old 02-25-2011, 06:31 AM   #103
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Windchill warning again today! Right now the windchill is -49 C (-56.2 F) We'll be getting another 6ish inches of snow over the next week. I'm pretty jealous that my brother is in Jamaica right now and my parents leave for Mexico tomorrow The trip to Europe changed our plans this year, but next year I am not going through a whole winter here, that's for sure!

Old 02-25-2011, 07:29 AM   #104
lynne b

Send a message via Yahoo to lynne b
Lindsey, I know we have complained about how cold it is here and all of the snow and ice but i girl i wouldn't wish what you have on anyone LOL. I just don't know how you stand all of that stuff.

And Gayle, i just don't know what to say to you, i would trade you place's in a heart beat LOL. i can handle the sweaty heat any day better than the cold.
Old 02-25-2011, 02:11 PM   #105
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Lol I would trade places with Gayle too!

Here's some pictures of my city in the past week, from the newpaper:
http://www.thestarphoenix.com/Photo+...837/story.html

The river is so beautiful when it fogs!