4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Weight Loss Support

Old 06-28-2011, 07:45 AM   #91
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
He thinks it could be a a nerve that's causing all the problem. Don't know if you all remember but in the fall of 2008 the stupid school nurse gave me my flu shot too low in my arm and caused me all kinds of pain.

Well I think on last Mon. or Tues. When I helped Mom off the floor I must have done something to make it flare up. My neck isn't hurting now so don't think the stiff neck caused it, but my shoulder and especially my arm whre the shot was given. The bump is still there too and is so painful. If the pain hasn't lightened up by this afternoon, I'm calling my Dr. Again because he is out on Wednesdays.
Old 06-28-2011, 05:12 PM   #92
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

I do remember that! It took a long time to get better, right? Has it bothered you before this time?

I'm down to 130.5 pounds and I am seriously thinking about starting the transition phase of this diet. I have started having an extra bar every day. I started getting hungry again, and I didn't want to stress my body out anymore.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 06:28 PM   #93
Janet

It had bothered me before but just a tiny bit and didn't last long. This time it's awful.

I'm not doing well watching what I eat. I did drop 2 lbs, but can't it back with the pizza. I'm just really stressed right now because of the pain and my other pain (Mom)...lol. She's trying to make it a contest on who feels the worst I think. I'll keep trying and not give up. Ricky did say he would start walking with me, but have to feel better first.

Congratulations on doing so well Judy....good job. Geeee...I weigh over 100 lbs more than most of you!
Old 06-29-2011, 07:01 AM   #94
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Janet, I'm sorry that your arm is bothering you again. I'd ask the doctor about your shot area......I had a tetanus shot once that did that......made a knot in my arm and it took a long time for it to go away but it eventually did. You've had yours for a long time though so it probably needs looked at.

Judy, you're doing great on your diet!!! I'm really encouraged on mine because I have friends that are doing it and have done really well. They've been helping a lot on what to eat and what not to eat. I weighed yesterday at the doctor's office and I had lost a pound........BUT I had also taken my shoes off!!!!! Oh well!!!!

I had another test yesterday and should get a call either today or tomorrow on the results. I think that this one is going to show some problems.......we'll see, I guess!!!

Glen knows that I've been going in for tests but I haven't been telling him everything that I've found out. He's really bad at talking to everyone and I'm just not ready for him to start talking about me with everyone about my health. He doesn't see a problem with it but it bothers me. There's just some things that don't need to be talked about with everyone!!! I just keep telling him that it's blood sugar and cholesterol problems but it's actually a little more than that. I'm not worrying too much about it yet.......at least until the doctor says that I need to. I'm trying to lose weight and follow what she's saying for now. Getting old sucks!!!!!!!!!

Gayle, take your own snacks with you. Take some dip and veggies and some diet bars or something that you can eat and not feel guilty about. A dip that I like is a package of Knorr soup mix (or Lipton vegetable soup mix) mixed with 1 cup of mayonaise and 1 cup of sour cream. This is great with veggies or especially with pretzels!!! You can use the fat free or light stuff for this too. A week is a long time to try to do good though!!! Good luck!!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 12:06 PM   #95
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Diana, I hope everything gets better!!! And thanks for the tips about what to do and eat this week. I'm going to try to do just what you suggested, take along foods that I know I can eat. I was going to take my 90 calorie rice krispy bars and I will, but I think I'll go to the store and look for more "packable" things I can take with me. Good idea!!! And I KNOW I can't be good the WHOLE week, but I'd like to minimize the damage.
Old 06-29-2011, 12:51 PM   #96
DianaB

I'm glad that I could be of help. Just make sure that you take enough to last you the whole week......or plan on going to the store to stock back up while you're there. You'll do fine!!!

When are you leaving to go to Oklahoma?
Old 06-29-2011, 02:38 PM   #97
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

I'll be able to go to the store when I run low on something so that is NICE! We are leaving tomorrow - I have to go to work for a meeting in the morning and then we will leave, probably about 11:00.
Old 06-29-2011, 03:22 PM   #98
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

It really is hard to watch what you eat when you are away. Taking snacks is a great idea! But, don't forget to enjoy yourself! You can be really careful when you come back.

Have a safe trip! I'm sure you will be taking your iPad, so you can let us know how much fun you are having, Gayle!

Diana, losing 1 pound is good! They say that a weight loss of 1 to 2 pounds/week is the healthiest. I hope your test results come back good!

Old 06-29-2011, 04:56 PM   #99
DianaB

Drive careful, Gayle!!!!

We'll see about the one pound........as I said......I took my shoes off when I weighed so that's probably the pound that I lost!!!! LOL I'm sure that I'm going to start losing soon. I've been doing really good on this diet.....better than I thought I would. I need to get a little exercise in and I will when everything gets settled down here.
Old 06-29-2011, 05:25 PM   #100
Janet

You all are doing really great....I'm so thrilled for you. You're right Diana....getting old does suck and it sucks worse when you're like me.....100 lbs over normal. Wow....how did I let this happen....oh I know....I love to eat!

Have a safe trip Gayle and thank you so much for all your support. Hope you have a wonderful time.
Old 06-30-2011, 05:41 AM   #101
DianaB

I know exactly how it happens.......you and I weigh about the same. I am excited about this diet though!!! Maybe it's something that you could do too. It's basically very very low carbs. I get 20 a day but I'm not sure that I use all of them and I'm not hungry. I can eat quite a lot.....it just has to have low or no carbs. I had already cut out chips and potatoes and not much bread because of my diabetes so the transition to this has been pretty easy for the most part.

This is going to sound weird but I had two eggs for breakfast yesterday......ate half of a steak with a large salad for lunch......snacked on a package of bacon and finished the rest of it for supper with a large salad. I also had sugar-free jello. I can have cheese as well. Atkins has bars and shakes that are really pretty good so they help with the sweet fix. There's no measuring or counting calories......just watching carbs.....very easy. It's lots of protein and certain veggies!!

The plan says that it actually helps with lowering cholesteroland blood pressure.....that's hard to believe but we'll see. My blood sugar is doing so much better for the last couple of days.

This is a diet that I think that I can stay on for life......btw....I'm down 3 or 4 pounds this morning!!!!!!
Old 06-30-2011, 06:06 AM   #102
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianaB View Post
Drive careful, Gayle!!!!

We'll see about the one pound........as I said......I took my shoes off when I weighed so that's probably the pound that I lost!!!! LOL I'm sure that I'm going to start losing soon. I've been doing really good on this diet.....better than I thought I would. I need to get a little exercise in and I will when everything gets settled down here.

Count that pound! I doubt if your shoes weigh a whole pound. I move my scale around until I find the spot on the floor where it registers the lowest weight! Anyway, you have a positive attitude, which is so important!

Old 06-30-2011, 06:07 AM   #103
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Wahoo Diane!!!!!

Old 07-01-2011, 03:59 AM   #104
Janet

Way to go Diana....I'm so happy for you. What you mentioned you hate....would have me starving. I did the SB diet and the lbs fell off, but if you don't stay on it, the weight all comes back. Way too easy to go back to the old ways of eating. I don't see a whole lot of difference between count carbs or counting calories....I still have to count..lol. Right now...during all this mess I'm living through....not sure I could do any weight loss program....in due time......in due time.
Old 07-02-2011, 12:04 PM   #105
DianaB

So far I've lost about 5 pounds. I'm glad to finally start seeing some results so I think that I'm not going to be weighing every day. Just knowing that what I'm doing is working is good for me.......I'm very excited about it.......staying off the scales will be hard!!!

Also the pond is finally warm enough so I'll be swimming a lot more!!! So excited about that......except for the snake we saw in the pond!!! YUCK!!!! Hopefully Mollee will find it......She's a snake killing dog!!!!