4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > General Women Discussion

Old 07-12-2012, 05:29 AM   #91
paula1961

I am so happy to hear that Dae Lyn and Damon were approved for their loan. Wishing them and their little family all the best!
paula1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 08:40 AM   #92
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

It's official!! They were approved for the loan!! I'm so excited for them. The only thing is they are approved for a higher interest rate but if Glen would co-sign for them the bank would give them an even better interest rate. This was something that the bank offered because Glen is a good customer. In the end it would save them $100 a month or $20,000 over the next 20 years. I had talked to Glen about co-signing for them before and he said that he wouldn't do it so I'm not sure if he will or not. Glen told Dae Lynn that he'll have to get approval from the rest of the family before he'll do it. I'm really upset with him. We just seem to be on opposite sides of everything anymore.

Janet, is your house still for rent??? Just kidding.......I think. I'm getting pretty fed up.

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 05:46 PM   #93
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
That sucks Diana...why is it any of the rest of the families business? Is Glen going to have them show Dae Lynn their finances? Tell him he's wrong...then run!

Sorry Diana but we have rented the house. They move in next weekend. BUT......I'll kick Rick out and you can have his room....lol

I'm so happy for Dae Lynn and Damon, I really hope this is the beginning of a much better relationship for them and that the dreams they have come true.
Old 07-14-2012, 12:29 PM   #94
DIANE W

Diana.... i am so happy for Dae Lynn and Damon, i am praying that this gives him the stability he needs and he shows everyone that doubted him, that he is going to do good.

I bet she is so excited, she can now plan some of the rooms, and it will be good for them to be alone as a family too.

Regarding Glen.... maybe he just has doubts about Damon's commitment and is afraid he will end up footing the bill, if things go wrong with them again? I am only guessing, and maybe he is afraid the other family members will say he is favoring Dae Lynn, in some way.
Maybe they should just accept to pay the higher rate, and then in a few years, when they are prooved at the bank, they can re-mortgage for a better rate of loan. That way it ramains none of the families business, they will have done it all on their own.

Oh Diana, i so hope it all works out and the family can get settled, and you can get your house back too.

My Mottos are....
Just live for today..... and let tomorrow take care of itself

Live each day as if it's your last - and hope that tomorrow you wake up to find that it wasn't
DIANE W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 09:50 AM   #95
JJJ
Donating 4WT Addict

Diana I know it's rough but I wouldn't sign either, there two adults and they need to take care of their finances. It's his credit on risk so I don't blame him one bit.

I started with high interest and in a few years like Diane say's they can go get a better rate.
JJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:17 AM   #96
DianaB

Diane......you've hit the nail on the head!! That's exactly what's going on.

Glen has talked to Feyn and Amy's family and they were very supportive of them getting the house. I was surprised but happy about that.

The thing now is whether Glen will sign or not.......and he and Dae Lynn are in the kitchen right now debating on the issue. I'm staying out of it. It's Glen's decision because if I put my two cents in it may come back and bite me in the butt later and I would NEVER hear the end of it. I'll be glad when this is all said and done.

One thing about Dae Lynn is she can hold her ground with Glen. She's telling him like it is.......wish all of you could hear her telling him about stuff!!!

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 07-16-2012, 12:38 PM   #97
Janet

You all did a great job with Dae Lynn. I sure wish I had her determination!
Old 07-16-2012, 03:14 PM   #98
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

This will all work out in the end! I am so happy for them!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 11:08 AM   #99
DIANE W

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianaB View Post
Diane......you've hit the nail on the head!! That's exactly what's going on.

Glen has talked to Feyn and Amy's family and they were very supportive of them getting the house. I was surprised but happy about that.

The thing now is whether Glen will sign or not.......and he and Dae Lynn are in the kitchen right now debating on the issue. I'm staying out of it. It's Glen's decision because if I put my two cents in it may come back and bite me in the butt later and I would NEVER hear the end of it. I'll be glad when this is all said and done.

One thing about Dae Lynn is she can hold her ground with Glen. She's telling him like it is.......wish all of you could hear her telling him about stuff!!!
I am sure they will work it out one way or the other, I do sort of see it from Glen's point of view, (i have told you before - you are far more forgiving than i am), it is hard, i am sure he would do anything for Dae Lynn, but its not just her is it, in this instance, and Damon has a lot of work to do getting the respect and love back. It will take time, but either way - they will have their own HOME, and that is a brilliant thing for them as a family and you too.

My Mottos are....
Just live for today..... and let tomorrow take care of itself

Live each day as if it's your last - and hope that tomorrow you wake up to find that it wasn't
DIANE W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 04:47 PM   #100
DianaB

I got to finally see the house yesterday!! It's very nice.......not a new house by any means but is a very nice older house. Nancy was there to show it to us. You could tell that she is having a hard time with her husband gone........she's such a sweet lady. She is very tickled that Dae Lynn and Damon is getting the house and she's known all about Damon's problems and is hoping that this will help give them a chance.

Damon got the down payment from his Dad and the money has been deposited in the bank!! And......Glen said that he would co-sign for them. I totally left the decision up to him. He did have a talk to Dae Lynn about it and there are some rules that will apply should they fall behind in their payments. Everything is working out!! The bank will have their paperwork done in a couple of weeks......then Nancy needs some time to have a garage sale to get rid of things (she's decided not to have an auction).....then once she gets moved it will be theirs!! Sometime near the end of August!!! Yay!!!!

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 07-19-2012, 05:31 PM   #101
Janet

That is such wonderful news and I'm thrilled for Dae Lynn and Damon!
Old 07-20-2012, 01:29 PM   #102
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Congratulations to them!!!

(and to you too...now you will have some freedom!)

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 06:34 AM   #103
Janet

I hope it cools down a bit for Kansas so it won't be too hot for Dae Lynn and Damon to move to their new home. She has got to be soooo looking forward to it. It was great that you had a basement to store her things in. It would have been awful to try and find furnishings plus buy a house. Maybe I should ask about the rent for the mobile home???? LOL
Old 07-23-2012, 03:32 PM   #104
DianaB

About the trailer, Janet......they are staying so it's rented. Sorry!!

Dae Lynn bought a new stove while we were gone this weekend. They stopped at a local Sears and there was one on clearance plus they got 10% off. When Glen found out he started lecturing her AGAIN. After Dae Lynn went to clean the church I asked him to PLEASE stop doing that because it causes me a lot of stress. He just goes over and over and over the same thing every day with her. She's a smart girl and she will do well. I'm hoping that he'll listen to me and that will be the end of his lecturing her or I won't be so pleasant about it next time!!

The stove is very nice.....nothing fancy. It is stainless steel but it does't have any bells or whistles. She had been checking on Craig's list and this was just a little more than buying a used stove. I think that she did pretty good.

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 07-23-2012, 06:03 PM   #105
Janet

I sure hope things settle down a bit after they move. She probably feels like she's being attacked.

I do hope you know I was kidding about the mobile home / trailer whatever it is. I lived in one once and will try my hardest not to do that again....lol.