4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Weight Loss Support

Old 07-02-2011, 05:34 PM   #106
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
That is wonderful Diana. I've always tried to just weigh once a week at the same time wearing pretty much the same thing. It's hard though...I want to lose every day and it's just not always possible. Sounds like you're doing everything right...I'm so proud of you.
Old 07-04-2011, 03:12 PM   #107
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Ok.....I was wrong!!! I couldn't stay off of the scales!!!! I lost another 3 or 4 pounds over the weekend!!! Yooo Hooo!!!! That makes about 8 or 9 pounds!!! I sure hope the doctor's scales read that much......I guess we'll see soon!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 03:15 PM   #108
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Congratulations Diana!!!

How wonderful that you have lost so much!!! You must be feeling so proud!

If the doctor's scale doesn't agree with yours, ignore it! I never pay attention to any scale but mine!

I can't wait to see how much your sugar went down, your blood pressure, and whatever else the doc is watching!!!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 03:30 PM   #109
DianaB

My blood pressure is good because I take several medicines for that but hopefully I can get off of some of the meds when I lose weight.

My blood sugar test will be in another three months and I expect there will be a BIG change in it!!!!
Old 07-04-2011, 05:48 PM   #110
Janet

You are doing so well!!!! Keep it up girlfriend!
Old 07-05-2011, 03:52 AM   #111
Janet

Okay...been looking at the Atkins Diet & thinking about it. Tell me what book you have Diana, I checked on Amazon and there are quite a few. I know the author has to be Atkins...lolol.
Old 07-05-2011, 05:58 AM   #112
DianaB

I have two books......one I bought at a garage sale.....

AmazonAmazon
Then I bought the new one at Wal-mart......

AmazonAmazon
There's also a LOT of information on their website and a forum to talk to others.

Amy's started the diet lately and she had a really hard time with craving carbs but she said that yesterday the cravings were a lot better. I know that you have to stay on Induction for two weeks where you can only have 20 carbs and they are limited to certain foods but after that you can move on to Phase two.

I have a couple of friends that have been doing this for awhile so I've been picking their brain about what they can eat and didn't eat. Shani snacks on bacon all day and she's lost over 30 pounds and is almost to her goal. Her husband has lost over 40!!!!
Old 07-09-2011, 04:37 AM   #113
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

I found a 110 calorie bar that I really like. Skinny Cow. There is a chocolate and a peanut butter chocolate. They are new I think. Skinny Cow has had ice cream sandwiches for a long time, but not bars. The bars are really more like a candy bar, so they aren't real filling but there are times when I just crave something that TASTES GOOD! These fit the bill. The only place I can find them are Walgreens Pharmacy.

I also like the 100 calorie Lance toasty peanut butter cracker sandwiches. It's perfect for my sweet/salty craving.

I did well at the lake for the first 3 days, then I began to lose some control and eat things I shouldn't - like homemade ice cream. OH MY! Gary's uncle makes the BEST ice cream and I had to eat some. I got back in control the minute I got on the road home. WHEW! Sometimes when I'm dieting, and I get out of control, I can't get back in. But I'm doing really well. I didn't gain or lose while I was gone!
Old 07-09-2011, 07:35 AM   #114
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Skinny Cow sandwiches! Yummy! I never had the new ones. Good for you that you started up again on the way home. Except for this diet that I am on, I only do portion control when I'm away. Come on...homemade ice cream! Life is just too short to give up something like that!

Old 07-09-2011, 08:42 AM   #115
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Yeah, but 4 cups of ice cream over 3 days, that's a bit much. I try to do portion control, but I just couldn't with that one. I would like to have had only 1/2 cup on two occasions.
Old 07-10-2011, 12:41 PM   #116
DianaB

Oh well, what's done is done and you're back on track now!!! Ice cream sounds so good that I'm not sure I would do very well if it were in front of me either.......especially if it had homemade chocolate on it!!! Yummmmmm........

Well.....I weighed the other day at the doctor's office and I've only lost 3 pounds. Bummer!! Oh well.....at least the scales are moving the right way!!! I think that I may have lost a couple of more but it's hard to tell because Glen and Dae Lynn keep resetting the scales on zero!!!! So I'm not sure where I'm at. I don't know why the scales dipped so far down on the one day.....maybe it was water weight.

Amy and Dae Lynn have decided to join me so now it's a lot easier. We're all looking for recipes and snacks and so it's exciting to see what one of us is going to come up with!!!
Old 07-10-2011, 02:37 PM   #117
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

It is rare that my weight on my scale is the same as on the doctor's scale. Even weight loss is different. I only go by one scale (mine). Even if it is off, weight loss is going to be right.

Why are Glen and Dae Lynn changing the scale? Take it in your room, and tell them to buy their own scale! Tell them Judy said!

Old 07-10-2011, 03:12 PM   #118
Janet

I'm so far off the diet wagon that I can barely see it in the distance. lol I guess at the moment I just don't want it bad enough or it would be happening. I do think that once I get my "happy" back it will be much easier. I'm so thrilled for all of you that are accomplishing weight loss, no matter how big or small.
Old 07-10-2011, 06:51 PM   #119
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

I've lost 6 pounds and I'm happy with that. I have 14 more to go and they won't be easy, but for some reason I am motivated.
Old 07-11-2011, 11:29 AM   #120
DianaB

Janet, you'll get there. You just have so much going on right now but knowing you.....once you set your mind to something you get it done!!

Gayle.....6 pounds!!!! Woo Hoo!!! That's great!!!

I went to the doctor this morning but I was still only down 3 pounds. Oh well.....I'll take it!!! My scale shows a little more than that but I do weigh first thing in the morning with my clothes off so that could be a couple of pounds difference.

I talked the doctor out of adding meds and changing things for a while. I really think that this diet is going to help in all of the other areas.

BTW.....I found out that I have "fatty" liver and a fatty cyst on my kidneys. Neither are things to worry much about as long as I lose weight.

Judy.....I may put a sign on my scales---"You'll have to deal with Judy if you adjust these scales again!!!!"