4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > All Else > Off Topic Discussion

Old 03-05-2011, 09:08 AM   #121
JJJ
Donating 4WT Addict

It was a wonderful sunny day yesterday. But goodness today I almost flew with the wind. It is super windy down here I hope theres nothing bad going up there in the north.
JJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 10:55 AM   #122
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

We've had some really nice weather but now it's cooled off again.......Mother Nature just can't make up her mind as to what kind of weather we're going to have!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 04:30 PM   #123
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Last night we had thunder and lightning, this morning...rain and more rain, this afternoon sleet and snow. Mother Nature...are you enjoying yourself? Okay...the jokes over now....where the heck is spring?
Old 03-07-2011, 04:56 PM   #124
DianaB

Well....Mother Nature is at it again.....Tomorrow more of everything it sounds like!! So you folks that are east of Kansas get ready to hang onto your hats yet again!!!!!
Old 03-13-2011, 07:56 AM   #125
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

The snow is finally melting!!!

I can actually see some grass on my hill, and my steps are pretty snow free! It rained, which got rid of a lot, but we also have big flooding problems in the area. I'm on top of a mountain, and don't get flooding...just more snow.

It also is warming up enough. We are in the higher 30's, low 40's which is a good sign.

Warms my heart to think of Spring again!!!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 09:46 AM   #126
DianaB

I think that by now we're all ready for spring.....even me!!! We've been having some really nice days but then they're followed by some cooler days but it's definitely warming up!! The redbud trees are just about to start blooming!! I can't wait because our hillside and driveway are dotted with them!!! I also saw some daffodils blooming......YAY
Old 03-16-2011, 11:54 AM   #127
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

It's been getting above freezing the past couple of days here too! Yesterday the sun was shining and the streets were full of water from the melting snow! We got a ton of snow this year and the water table is really high too so there is the possibility of a lot of flooding if these temperatures keep up! The city has already hauled away the snow from the ditches and meridians. I hope spring is here to stay! With these temperatures, the snow could be totally gone in a couple of weeks!

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 06:59 AM   #128
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey View Post
It's been getting above freezing the past couple of days here too! Yesterday the sun was shining and the streets were full of water from the melting snow! We got a ton of snow this year and the water table is really high too so there is the possibility of a lot of flooding if these temperatures keep up! The city has already hauled away the snow from the ditches and meridians. I hope spring is here to stay! With these temperatures, the snow could be totally gone in a couple of weeks!
Please ignore my last post

We were halfway home from the city yesterday when we were hit by a blizzard with white-out conditions. Today, all highways into the city are not recommended for travel and Scott is trying to shovel 2 or more feet of snow from the driveway so we can hopefully leave the house tomorrow! I'm doing some work from home, some laundry, and hopefully later some baking! Tomorrow we're heading to the lake so I hope the roads are okay. My mom said they still have tons of snow out there, although they didn't get the blizzard we got last night. When all the snow was melting here a couple of days ago, they still had 5 feet of snow in their back yard!

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Old 03-17-2011, 08:04 AM   #129
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Lindsay, what are you going to do at the lake in the snow?
Old 03-17-2011, 08:11 AM   #130
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gja1000 View Post
Lindsay, what are you going to do at the lake in the snow?
ICE FISH!!! There's only two more weeks left until the shacks have to be removed from the lake and I haven't been out yet this year at all! My dad built a pretty nice ice fishing shack a few years ago We have padded seats on both sides and a little wood stove in the corner so it stays nice and warm. He said this year he also took our old barbeque out there to make food so it's nice to spend a whole day out there.

Old 03-17-2011, 08:36 AM   #131
DianaB

I was wondering what you were going to do at the lake too!! That sounds like fun!!
Old 03-17-2011, 09:09 AM   #132
Janet

I haven't ice fished in years....I love it though. Just getting too old to be out in the cold I guess...oh to be younger and more tolerant...lol.
Old 03-17-2011, 09:17 AM   #133
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Oh I don't like the cold either! We used to just use those black tents and I'd last maybe an hour at the most without running to the truck to warm up But it really does get warm in the new place! I'm fine just sitting in there with a t-shirt on. Sometimes we have to open the door to let in some cold!

Gone are the days when we'd just sit on stumps on the middle of the lake lol! I think I've posted this here before, but I'm about 3 or 4 years old in this picture I sure wasn't wimpy about cold back then!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg untitled.jpg (81.6 KB, 2 views)

Old 03-17-2011, 09:27 AM   #134
Janet

How cute Lindsey!!!! I don't remember seeing this picture so I'm glad you posted it.

We are having some nice temps yesterday and today. Today up to near 70...love it. Getting ready to go outside and 'watch' Ricky wash my van.
Old 03-17-2011, 10:32 AM   #135
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Ice fish! LOL! Well THAT makes sense. Catch a big one Lindsay!