4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Weight Loss Support

Old 07-11-2011, 07:13 PM   #121
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

I'm glad to hear that things are OK, and getting better. Don't worry about what the doc's scales say, just go by your scales!

I "saved" calories today and we went to Schlotzsky's sandwich shop tonight for dinner. I had a smoked turkey sandwich and 1/2 bag of black peppered potato chips. YUM!
Old 07-12-2011, 07:59 AM   #122
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Gayle, I missed that you lost 6 pounds! Congrats!!!

Diana, you should put that sign up. They won't know what you're talking about, and we can have a good laugh!

Jessie was also told she has a fatty liver when she had that biopsy. She had to lose weight. Then she got MS, and forgot all about her liver. They tested her head to foot, so I guess it was okay.

I haven't lost more than a pound for the last 3 weeks. Then, I realized that I had upped the number of bars I eat by 2/day! I meant to up them by 1/day. I also have been eating 1/2 jar of peanut butter every night. So, now I am back to the right amount of bars, and have been having the peanut butter as my protein for dinner, and then veggies later. I don't think a plate of pb and broccoli would be tasty! I still want to go down a few more pounds from the 131.5 I weigh. I need a buffer zone for when I go onto maintenance.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 08:07 AM   #123
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

I have lost 4 lbs in the past couple of weeks. I don't know how!

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 03:09 PM   #124
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by judy View Post
I haven't lost more than a pound for the last 3 weeks. Then, I realized that I had upped the number of bars I eat by 2/day! I meant to up them by 1/day. I also have been eating 1/2 jar of peanut butter every night.
Did you really mean you've been eating a HALF A JAR OF PEANUT BUTTER EVERY NIGHT! YIKES!!! That's a lot of peanut butter and a lot of calories!!!
Old 07-12-2011, 06:00 PM   #125
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
I haven't lost an ounce!!!! But I haven't gained one either.....Yay for me!!!!! ROFLMBO!!!!!

I like Pnt Btr, but holy cow Judy....half a jar....everynight?
Old 07-13-2011, 07:56 AM   #126
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Pretty much! Maybe 1/3rd. I went down to 129.5 this morning, so I guess it's okay. I may have needed the fat after so long.

Linds, 4 pounds in a week? Excellent! This is the upside of stress!

Did you get to see Kate and William, by the way?

Old 07-13-2011, 08:01 AM   #127
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

I guess the stress is good for one thing! My skin is looking terrible though, I haven't had a bad breakout in a long time until now.

No I didn't see William and Kate! They skipped my province this time. Maybe next time! I thought it was really cool they went to the Northwest Territories... they don't get anything up there! William played some street hockey but he's not very good haha

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 11:55 AM   #128
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Judy, you're right.....they wouldn't know what the sign meant.....but they'd get a laugh out of it too!!!!

I'm glad that you're doing so well on your diet. A half a jar of peanut butter seems like a lot but you've figured that out. I can't imagine being so close to my goal!! I picture the last few pounds as being really hard to get off!!! So good luck!!!!

I've decided to go by my own scales.....and if I do that then I've lost about 7 or 8 pounds!!!! I'm starting to tell a difference in my clothes.....not much but a little!! The girls have lost 6 to 8 pounds as well!!! We've got a friend at church that we're trying to talk into joining us. It's been a lot different so far with all of us doing it together. I've never done a diet with so much support from my family!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 02:26 PM   #129
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

You are on a roll Diana! How great that the family is doing it, and losing too! I like that some of us are on a diet too. We have support from all over!

Old 07-13-2011, 05:00 PM   #130
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Way to go Diana!!! I think it is much easier to have a group doing it together! It's so great that you are doing so well.

Judy, whatever works!!! I bet you did need the fat though. Yesterday I didn't have any protein during the day and I ate a dinner that was normal for me, but by 9:00PM I was RAVENOUS! I only went over my calorie allotment by about 100, so I didn't do any damage, but I sure wanted to eat everything in sight.
Old 07-13-2011, 05:16 PM   #131
Janet

Not sure what happened here....but I got on the scales a little while ago and lost 3 lbs. I really haven't weighed myself for a few days...just figured I hadn't lost or gained......I must have peed alot today...ha ha ha. I've not had the appetite like I usually do. I'm not getting excited because it most like will be back tomorrow....LOLOL.

You all are doing so great!!! Keep it up ladies!!!
Old 07-13-2011, 08:03 PM   #132
DianaB

That's good, Janet!!! Once you get all of this stress behind you......you'll join us!!!
Old 07-14-2011, 07:32 AM   #133
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

3 pounds is good Janet! You aren't gaining either!

Old 07-15-2011, 06:36 PM   #134
Janet

I haven't gained the 3 back yet, but I haven't lost either. I haven't eaten much except for some ice cream. I'm really not trying to lose yet, so any that comes off without trying is wonderful.
Old 07-15-2011, 07:53 PM   #135
DianaB

A nice little bonus for everything you're dealing with!!!!