4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Weight Loss Support

Old 06-14-2008, 05:41 AM   #1
jrsygal37
Donating 4WT Yakker

Weight Watchers?

Hi all. I'm new to the forum. I found this site on Yorkie Talk where I'm a member. I was wondering if anyone here is doing Weight Watchers? I've started the point system. I'm also using Alli as well as Liprodrene. Elaine
jrsygal37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 06:51 AM   #2
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Hi Elaine, Welcome

I have been on WW in the past and always did well on it. A few of our friends on here are on WW now.. Janet and Judy, and are doing very well. If you scroll down you will see their threads. I don't know anything about the two pills that you mentioned , they are diet pills? If so I don't believe in taking them... WW along with exercise should do the job.. Good luck!
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 08:09 AM   #3
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Welcome Elaine! Love the WW! I've been cheating all week, but I'll get back to it.

I think I've about reached my goal. I wouldn't mind 2-3 more pounds.

Check out Janet's WW thread. She's doing beautifully!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 08:10 AM   #4
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
I've lost 28 lbs since 1/3/08 doing WW's. I've kind of slacked off here lately and I should, I still have about 75 lbs to go. So much easier for me in the winter time. In the summer I don't take time out for meals, busy outside..etc.. so by the time I eat, I'm starved.

I don't know anything about the Alli or Libpodrene, can you tell me about them? Just curious, I never rule anything out till I know what it is...LOL.
Old 06-14-2008, 05:04 PM   #5
jrsygal37
Donating 4WT Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet View Post
I've lost 28 lbs since 1/3/08 doing WW's. I've kind of slacked off here lately and I should, I still have about 75 lbs to go. So much easier for me in the winter time. In the summer I don't take time out for meals, busy outside..etc.. so by the time I eat, I'm starved.

I don't know anything about the Alli or Libpodrene, can you tell me about them? Just curious, I never rule anything out till I know what it is...LOL.
Hi Janet. Congrats on your weight loss. Do you follow the point plan or the flex? I don't know much about the flex. I know what you mean about being starved. My two boys play travel ball and by the time we get home I am starving. In so far as Alli and Liprodrene goes... Well, Alli is a type of fat burner from what I believe. It was exenadrine or something like that and it had been sold only by prescription but is now available on the market. What it does is blocks the fats. People say it gives you the you know whats and leaking etc. but I have not found that. I think it only happens if you were to eat a very fatty meal such as a big mac or something. What I do find is right after I eat I have to run to the bathroom. Liprodrene curbs your appetite and it gives you an energy boost. It has ephedra in it. I know that that is controversy and a lot of people feel it's dangerous but I've been fine with it but it's not for everyone. Anyway, you've certainly inspired me with your weight loss and I hope I can do as well with my diet. Elaine
Old 06-14-2008, 05:55 PM   #6
Janet

WW's is a very good program and I love going to the meetings. I've been thinking about quitting ONLY because it costs so much every month. The meetings are great for the support so I don't know yet what I'm going to do.

I don't think either of the two things you explained are something I'm really interested in. I think I'll just stick to the WW for now....LOL. I was doing soooo good, so I need to get back on task and get this 75 lbs off that I have left. Oh I almost forgot...I am on the points plan...I love it!
Old 06-15-2008, 04:49 AM   #7
jrsygal37
Donating 4WT Yakker

Quote:
WW's is a very good program and I love going to the meetings. I've been thinking about quitting ONLY because it costs so much every month. The meetings are great for the support so I don't know yet what I'm going to do.

I don't think either of the two things you explained are something I'm really interested in. I think I'll just stick to the WW for now....LOL. I was doing soooo good, so I need to get back on task and get this 75 lbs off that I have left. Oh I almost forgot...I am on the points plan...I love it!
Hi again Janet. Yeah, I don't do the meetings either. I was a size 6 runner and had a bad accident 14 yrs. ago. It left me in a lift chair for almost a year. After I healed I joined WW (That was 11 yrs. ago) and I did the meetings faithfully and took off the 30 lbs. I put on. I kept it off all these years until recently and I'm starting to put weight back on so I just started on my own with the points again. As far as the Liprodrene and Alli. I NEVER reccomend it to anyone. I don't think any of these weight loss drugs are good for you, but taking it was a personal choice I made but never reccomend anyone else to take it. It's kind of like the don't do as I do - do as I say (As I tell my boys. LOL). I think if you know the program and maybe buddy up with someone to weigh in with weekly you probably won't need the meetings. I wasn't really into the meetings but they kept me honest. I think it was more of the shame of having someone see I gained weight that week. LOL. THEY HAVE GOTTEN VERY EXPENSIVE THOUGH.

Elaine
Old 06-15-2008, 10:09 AM   #8
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

I googled Alli because a lot of people are on it. There are a couple of lists of the 10 best diet supplements. They don't have the same 10 best, but some f these products really work! One supplement is only for women, and brings your mood up and increases the sex drive (if you want to). Another was also very good for lots of other things, like wrinkles and ??? and was a good weight loss supplement.

http://consumerbestdeals.com/?type=g...FQ4hnAodOjZVWA

There was another 10 best, but I can't find the website.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 10:23 AM   #9
Janet

LOLOL....I think I would be totally afraid to try a supplement for weightloss that also helped my wrinkles....LOL. I'll have to check out the link you posted.

I know they don't affect everyone the same way...but I also don't want to take something that makes me need to be near a toilet...if ya get what I'm meaning????
Old 06-16-2008, 03:35 AM   #10
jrsygal37
Donating 4WT Yakker

Wow, I looked at that list of top weigh loss drugs and Fenphedra is rated #2 but would have been rated #1 had it not been for a trace of Oxycodone. The price is $179 per bottle but online you could get it for just under $68.00. Very expensive stuff. Elaine
Old 06-16-2008, 05:26 AM   #11
HALEY

girl you will love weight watchers, i went years ago and i am still on the points system i do it by myself thought, weight watchers kicked me out, cause i went below my weight.. but do not take Alli, that stuff just gives you the runs, i know alot of people that took that, and it messed up there stomach. You will do well on the program just give it some time and throw them nasty pills away, you don't need them... Just eat right and drink lots of water...
Old 06-16-2008, 05:30 AM   #12
HALEY

please read this !!!!!

Side Effects of Alli
The potentially uncomfortable, but not serious side effects which may occur with Alli have been well documented. They relate specifically to the drugs ability to supress the absorption of fatty acids into the body, and the disposal of unused dietary elements. Some users may experience some of the following side effects :-

Oily stools. As the Alli weight loss pill reduces the production of an enzyme in the intestine, which converts fatty dietary elements into fatty acids, some fat from digested food may not be processed. As a result the body will find a way to release basic fat content from the body, usually excreted naturally. Due to the nature of the left over substances, stools can often appear oily and emit an unfortunate odour.

Flatulence. Another means by which the body has been known to release unwanted waste is by flatulence. While this is a totally natural and harmless release, it can prove potentially embarrassing and uncomfortable as the customer may not have full control of their bowels at all times.[/COLOR]
Vitamin deficiency. Even though Alli is specifically structured to take out the fatty content of dietary intake, some vitamins may consist of fatty content, which may not be absorbed into the body. It is therefore recommended that while using taking Alli, the user also takes a daily dose of vitamin tablets.

While the oily stools and flatulence are slightly unfortunate side effects, they can be controlled by reducing the dietary fat content to somewhere in the region of 15 grams per meal.

Conclusion
We are currently living in a world where over 65% percent of American adults are either overweight or clinically obese. The problem is now spreading quickly throughout the rest of the world, with both developing and developed countries showing increased obesity problems. Not only is this putting a massive strain on the medical profession, but there are increased health issues including possible heart attacks, diabetes, depression and bone / joint troubles.

While Alli will have an immediate impact on its own, it is strongly advised that people using the medication also reduce the fat content of their diet (thereby reducing the oily stools and flatulence issues), and take in more physical exercise. Not only will these changes impact on the weight and fitness of the person involved, they have been shown to improve their disposition and outlook on life.

Additional Reading
Health articles

Last edited by HALEY; 06-16-2008 at 05:35 AM.
HALEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 08:47 AM   #13
Janet

Thanks Haley...I'll never buy them for sure now...LOL
Old 06-16-2008, 08:53 AM   #14
HALEY

Quote:
Thanks Haley...I'll never buy them for sure now...LOL
Actually, my friend was taking those, and she had a very embarrassing moment at work, she actually didn't know she had the runs until it was to late... Now i don't know how much she took, but the purpose of Alli, is if you eat fatting foods is to get rid of it quickly, so that causes you to go more and very running and very stinky... YUK !!!!! Not something that i want to take !!!! Most diet pills are a like a laxitive, that's why when you stop taking them you wonder why you gain the weight back..
Old 06-16-2008, 12:39 PM   #15
jrsygal37
Donating 4WT Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by HALEY View Post
Actually, my friend was taking those, and she had a very embarrassing moment at work, she actually didn't know she had the runs until it was to late... Now i don't know how much she took, but the purpose of Alli, is if you eat fatting foods is to get rid of it quickly, so that causes you to go more and very running and very stinky... YUK !!!!! Not something that i want to take !!!! Most diet pills are a like a laxitive, that's why when you stop taking them you wonder why you gain the weight back..
In defense of Alli. The loose stools and embarrassing moments come ONLY if you do not follow the low fat eating. If you eat a food that is high in fat THEN that will happen and it tells you that. They dont' hide that fact. It states that Alli is to be used with a low fat eating plan and with excersise. I've been using it for a couple of weeks and have no trouble but I'm eating a lot of veggies and low fat meats etc. Not fatty burgers, no cakes, etc. Elaine