4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > All Else > Vent!

Old 12-08-2008, 12:01 PM   #1
donna1990
Donating 4WT Addict

Everything!!!!!!!!

Already vented about sitting in a Doctor's off for 2-4 hours.
Today it is the electric company. We have a lot of rentals and 15 electric bills in my husband name, have had for years. Got some new tenants and called last week to have the power turned on, was supposed to have been on last Fri. Still have none and the tenants have 2 babies. Started calling this morning and they were updating their system so could not talk to anyone, went to their web page and could not get power without an account number, we don't have one because the last tenant had it in their name, emailed them, no response, finally spoke to someone at noon and they had no order for this property, started all over and they would not let me place an order, there procedures have changed, had to be my husband call, which I have done this many times in the past, even though the properties are in both names and in a trust. He works and does not have time to stay on the phone for an hour to punch 1 for this and 3 for that and still not get a human, then they say, "sorry, you didn't give the right information" and they hang up. Even got a Supervisor and he could care less. They refused to call him at THEIR convenience. The other option they gave me was to put it in my name and pay a $350 deposit.
Well, that is enough for now, don't mean to make it so long, there are other things I could vent about, but not today.
Old 12-08-2008, 12:16 PM   #2
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Don't they always seem to pick the wrong time to stick to their rules? I've dealt with some agencies like this before and had problems mostly because it was a woman trying to handle it instead of a man. I'd get ahold of someone to complain to about the run-around!!!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 02:09 PM   #3
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Oh Donna you are having such a horrible day.. I hate some of these companies I try to be understanding, but some of their employees just don't care anymore. This society has gotten disgusting. I hope that you resolved this issue.. here is a
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 02:41 PM   #4
donna1990
Donating 4WT Addict

And, went to the surgeon today and will have surgery on my elbow for nerve entrapment on the Dec 19. The surgery is only 2 hours but there will be a lot of pain after.
Old 12-08-2008, 05:10 PM   #5
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Wow Donna....I hope things start looking up for you girl. Maybe with the new year right around the corner....good luck with come along with it.
Old 12-08-2008, 08:54 PM   #6
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Donna, I know this has to be upsetting. I think it's the HIPA laws or something that cause a lot of these problems with who's name something is in. I had our power changed to my name because I couldn't get hubby to take the time to look into changing power companies and it was costing us each month he didn't get time, but they would not talk to me. Fortunately the company I chose to provide our service ran a credit check on me and I didn't have to put up the deposit. You might check, it you have other options for power companies. Another one may let you do what I did.

Hope all goes well with your surgery!!! and that there is little to no pain afterward this time!!
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 08:21 PM   #7
Nina

I'm sorry you're dealing with so much. The utility companies can drive you nuts sometimes!
Nina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 09:41 AM   #8
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Donna, did you ever get this straightened out?

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 10:13 AM   #9
donna1990
Donating 4WT Addict

Everything!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianaB View Post
Donna, did you ever get this straightened out?
Someone finally talked to my husband and they go elec. Tues.
Old 12-12-2008, 07:19 AM   #10
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

They sound awful! Back in NYC, I would demanded to speak to a supervisor. I have been known to google the company and call the executive offices. That works wonders.

Up here, I don't think that's a good tactic to use. They just don't have the "New York state of mind."

I'll be praying for your surgery and recovery to go well.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote