4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > All Else > Vent!

Old 12-26-2008, 03:27 AM   #1
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Did Your Christmas Suck???

Mine did! Of course, I've never had a good Christmas in my 53 years so I don't know why this one should've been any different. I don't want a pity party...or an " Aw Janet, I'm sorry you didn't have a good Christmas," I just need to vent and here seems as good a place as any.

My husband wrote out a list of things he'd like to get for Christmas...name of item, store and even the item number and price. The list had 7 items on it plus I bought him some surprises. As you can see from my list on the other thread...it wasn't quite the same for me. Not that I really wanted anything to begin with, but at least I put some thought into his gifts, plus got him what he wanted.

I got Ricky an IPod Touch, Garmin Nuvi780 GPS and some smaller items too. So what does hubby say as he's leaving for work this morning...that he is going to stop at Best Buy to look at GPS systems. He does this crap every year. I spend my Christmas money on him, Ricky, and Mom and a few others. He saves his back so what he doesn't get for Christmas, he goes and buys for himself.

Guess there was a reason that all day Christmas day I just kept telling myself I wanted a divorce. I wish I was brave enough to just leave. If I'm still here next year....I'll wrap dogs*** in a box for him, because I refuse to spend another dime on the bastard.

I have always hated Christmas mostly because growing up, my Mom was always so mean, now it's the a$$hole husband. If it wasn't for Ricky, I wouldn't celebrate at all. If it wasn't for Ricky...I wouldn't be here at all.
Old 12-26-2008, 08:48 AM   #2
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

That does suck! Come live here. Just bring those puppies and Ricky!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 08:55 AM   #3
Janet

Sounds like a plan to me...I even have a GPS now...LOL.
Old 12-26-2008, 10:37 AM   #4
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Ok, now what am I suppose to say if I can't say that I'm sorry. That was pretty stinky of your husband and it would be the last year that I would give him gifts.

Gift giving from my husband was really lousy this year too. I guess that next year I'll just wrap up what I want and give it to him, after all that's what he did for me! You'd think that after 34 years of being married that he'd at least ask the girls to help him out!!!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 12:06 PM   #5
Janet

I really don't think half the guys have a clue when it comes to gift giving. A weather station...don't think I'd want that any more than I wanted the wine.

I had discussed with him how I would like to go to the wine tasting, just to see if there was one I might like. I didn't want him to waste money on six bottles of the stuff. He took it all back this morning, but he'll do the same as he did last year when he took something back.....didn't get me anything else and didn't give me the money either. He did say he may be late because he might go to Best Buy and see what kind of GPS systems they had. He can be as late as he wants....I really don't care if he ever comes back.

Man, he makes me mad!!!
Old 12-27-2008, 02:55 PM   #6
Mandy
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

Girls... men just do NOT have a clue... heres something to laugh about.

My husband bought me some really very nice spa products, with 2 bottles of the same perfume!! When i opened the second box, i looked at him and said....oh this is lovely, did you like this perfume so much you bought me two bottles? He looked at me and said... ohhh geeeezzz 'm sorry, i didnt realize, i bought the second bottle a few days later, but out of all, i liked this one the best, but i can go change it for you.

Well... i just smiled and thanked him, walked away and burst out laughing my butt off!!!!

I didnt get anything that was on my list (posted in the other thread) so i guess i'll go and get it myself LOL
Old 12-27-2008, 04:20 PM   #7
AngieDoogles
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

Mandy, that is hilarious! I'm glad you got a good laugh out of it.

I'm lucky to have a hubby who is an AMAZING gift giver. He thinks of things that I haven't even thought of that I end up loving--like the heated blanket he got me this year. He knows how I get cold easily and that I love to snuggle up and get warm. It really was perfect! He also got me a book by one of my favorite authors and my favorite chocolates. And for the past two Christmases since my grandfather passed away, he's given me a really nice set of preserves. I've always loved different and unique flavors and my grandfather used to give me a set every Christmas. Brendon knows how much I miss him so that is definitely a really thoughtful and caring gift that always brings tears to my eyes.

And my birthday is in a few weeks, so I can't wait to see what he thinks up for that!
AngieDoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 05:16 PM   #8
Janet

Mandy....I have one of those kind too....LOL. Sometimes it is so funny and other times I want to run him down!!!
Old 12-27-2008, 09:21 PM   #9
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Janet, I don't know what to say either since I can't say sorry. Just hope that you have a wonderful New Year!!!!
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 04:45 AM   #10
Janet

Not too worry, I always enjoy the time with my son. He makes everyday so special. I do try to concentrate on making his holiday a great one, so most of the time...most don't have any idea how miserable I was on the inside. I just don't want my son to have the same feelings for Christmas that I do. Isn't is strange how we carry so much from our childhood?

Life is still good...it is what you make it.
Old 12-28-2008, 07:34 PM   #11
toodles

Send a message via AIM to toodles
Oh Janet, I'm so sorry. I had a super miserable Christmas too everyone I am close to was out of town, including the guy I have started dating. It was supposed to be our first Christmas together, we had so much planned, and I had to stay here for work while he went on to Florida...his home town is Orlando. So he and my best friend went together and I had to stay behind. everyone, including both of my kids, was gone. I was completely alone for the first time in my life...and I just wanted to die. I think I cried more in the last week than I have in my whole life. I ended up running over something that punctured my gas tank on Christmas eve, so my car was broke down the whole weekend, bill collectors calling me non stop, and I missed a once a year chance to talk to my mother on the phone (LONG story). So I was miserable. Maybe we should make plans to start spending Christmas together so we can make sure we both have a good time

oh...and the day you do get the courage to tell your husband to STICK IT..please let me know! I finally did it and I can tell you that even tho my financial situation has TOTALLY SUCKED....it was the best move of my life and deep down, I have never been happier. It really was the right thing for me to do...and I think he feels the same way. I shouldn't encourage divorce, because I know that it should be the VERY last resort...but once you reach that point, you have to do what is best for YOU and your babies.....sounds like you are pretty much there from what I have read here in the past. I wish you the best hun!!!!! I'm here if you ever need to talk!
toodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 05:36 AM   #12
Janet

Mandee, I read your ordeal on YT and you poor thing!! My heart really goes out to you girl. You do know it's going to get better...right?

Sweetie I've been ready for years...just didn't want to start over at 53 and lose half of everything I've worked for. I just don't have the energy. I'm hoping once I get him moved into his own room, things might improve a bit. I just have to wait for the weather to warm up just a tad so the DSL cable guy can come move the cable from the computer room (where I'm moving hubby) to my room.

Aslo....glad you made it back here....now stay...okay???
Old 12-29-2008, 05:38 AM   #13
2tiredmom

Janet, Sorry about your christmas. I knew you didn't like it.
Mine was ok.
Emily and her bunch gave me one of those new dust busting sweepers, socks and odds and ends.
Dustin gave me a DVD
Jennifer gave me Barn w/snowman pic.
Hubby gave me gloves, socks and pjs.
So i got everything that I asked for and more.
We got to watch grandson open gifts. He's really into trains now.
So it wasn't to bad.
Old 12-29-2008, 05:44 AM   #14
Janet

That's great Linda...I'm glad you had a good Christmas. We really need to get together..it's been way to long.
Old 12-29-2008, 09:32 AM   #15
katcarasella
KAT'S KRAZY KORNER
Donating Member

Send a message via Yahoo to katcarasella
Janet, my Xmas was bad too.....
Spent it alone with Maggie and Bailey.....my choice...
Family get together was on Friday, so got to see the grandkids open some gifts..
I'll share my Xmas gift with you GF...I got a case of Cambell's Chunky Chicken Noodle soup..

Kat
katcarasella is offline   Reply With Quote