4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > My Pictures & Videos!

Old 06-05-2012, 04:30 AM   #1
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
My New Furniture

This is the couch I bought at the auction for $300.

003.jpg

Next is the hutch that was given to me. I don't have anything in it yet, but maybe today, if I can loosen up these old bones.

009.jpg

This is the table and chairs I bought for $70 dollars. It does have a spacer to make it bigger. Ricky will be taking the couch when he moves...if he moves...so it may end up in the garage.

010.jpg

I think I did pretty good at the auction and have a great friend to give me the hutch.
Old 06-05-2012, 06:02 AM   #2
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Janet you got some beautiful furniture. I can't believe someone gave you that hutch. It is gorgeous!!! I just love it. That couch looks really comfy! The table and chairs look like they are the perfect size and the chairs look so comfortable too.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:00 AM   #3
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Wow!! You got a great deal on all of the furniture!! I love the couch!! It looks so comfy!! And I can't believe someone GAVE you the hutch!! Wow!! What a nice gift!!! My Mom has one that is similiar to that one. And the table.......how nice!!! It looks comfy too!! All-in-all you came out good!!!!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:59 AM   #4
Janet

Thanks ladies....I think I did real good too. I just love it all.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:35 PM   #5
JJJ
Donating 4WT Addict

I love the chairs. Great find and how lucky you got the hutch for free
JJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 01:43 PM   #6
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

Gosh, you hit the furniture jackpot!! It's all just beautiful! I love to get something new like that, it always inspires me to rearrange and redecorate,
Old 06-06-2012, 06:33 AM   #7
Janet

Thank you. I walk into the living room and just love the look of the couch and Ricky's coffee table..lol. The couch is so comfortable too that you just want to lie down on it. I told Rick he couldn't lie on the couch unless he wanted to buy it from me. I know that sounds terrible of me, but for some reason, even after a shower, his body, mostly head area gives off oil or something. If you would see his pillow cases they look so dirty, but nothing takes the stain out. I sure don't want him making the couch look dirty.

I finally got some things put in the hutch and I just love it too. I don't recall ever having something this nice and new looking. We've always bought second hand for the most part. I'm really enjoying it.
Old 06-07-2012, 03:32 PM   #8
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Nice stuff Janet! The hutch is gorgeous! I love the shape of the table too. Nobody has to sit at a corner. The couch is just beautiful!

Did you have to clean the microfiber on the couch? My couch is microfiber and it is so dirty from the dogs and the kids, and general use. I don't really know how to clean it though. I googled it, and alcohol seems to be the answer, but I am afraid to use it!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 07:03 PM   #9
Janet

I really don't know how to clean it yet. I do have to admit that we didn't have the couch in the living room for more than15 minutes and Emilee peed on it. I swear to you if I would have had my gun in my hand I would have shot her the same way I did that tom cat.

I did go a little...okay ALOT ballistic!! Finally calmed enough to find ( from the internet) that just a few drops of Dawn dish soap and a spray bottle of water would get the pee out and it did a beautiful job. Now there is not a freakin dog allowed anywhere in the house except the kitchen. I cried and cried and basically threw a fit. Damn dogs! So tired of them....except my Joey.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:38 PM   #10
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Dae Lynn has a microfiber couch and she uses my carpet shampooer on it. It cleans it great!! I've heard such wonderful things about how this material cleans so good!!! I have a Hoover shampooer that has hand attachments that you can put on to do furniture and stuff.......works great!! Dae Lynn's couch is off white.....she bought it BEFORE she had kids......and I had warned her about the light color.......anyway.....it cleans like a dream!!!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 05:02 AM   #11
Janet

Never thought about the shampooer...mine has attachments too. I was just wanting to get it cleaned up immediately and getting the shampooer out would have taken up too much time. I'm just glad it all came out and also thankful that they had it scotch guarded. It did not soak through to the cushion.
Old 06-08-2012, 06:13 AM   #12
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

I used my carpet cleaner on my microfiber couch, too. It works great! It's also easy to spot clean with just a little soap and water.
Old 06-08-2012, 12:32 PM   #13
DIANE W

Janet all your new furniture looks lovely, the couch looks brand new, oh i feel so much for you and i would have been just the same, about the pee, glad its come out and no harm done.

You got a real bargain with everything.

My Mottos are....
Just live for today..... and let tomorrow take care of itself

Live each day as if it's your last - and hope that tomorrow you wake up to find that it wasn't
DIANE W is offline   Reply With Quote