4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > Fun & Health Talk > Health & Diet

Old 05-22-2008, 10:24 AM   #1
toodles

Send a message via AIM to toodles
Exclamation embarrassing pregnancy question....

This is a very hard one for me to ask...I generally do not like to discuss sex..but before I embarrass myself in front of my doctor (who is a guy), I thought I would embarrass myself in front of a bunch of people I never have to look in the eye

ok..I am 27 weeks pregnant....first off, my sex drive has flat lined. NONE whatsoever. Part of it, I think, has to do with me not being comfortable during sex. The tightening of my stomach and the baby kicking at the same time (she is VERY active) is just not comfortable at all. The desire is just gone. not that I had a high sex drive before getting pregnant, but I especially do not have one now. Anyway, this is hard for my husband. He has a very high sex drive. But he understands it not being comfortable for me so he has been very good about it. Well, once in a while, I will "give in" just to make him happy. Last night was one of those nights...but right in the middle of it all...I had this HORRIBLE, extreme pain in my left part of my stomach. I was in tears, it hurt SO bad. He felt really bad and actually thought I was mad at him...which I wasn't. not at all. I was just hurting so bad, I couldn't move. after about 5 minutes, it died down and I was able to get comfortable and go to sleep. but OMG the pain was intense.

what could this be????? I don't feel like there is anything wrong with the baby or anything like that...today has been very very normal. But when I was pregnant with my daughter (who is 7 years old), I never had issues with being intimate. in fact, I think my sex drive kinda skyrocketed during my pregnancy.

any ideas??? I just think it is weird..and I am too bashful to talk to my dr. about it. dh really wants me to tho....
toodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 12:46 PM   #2
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

I think that, in spite of being embarassed, you need to talk to your doctor or maybe his nurse. Why don't you try calling into the office and talk to his nurse over the phone. In my 4 pregnancies I don't remember having pain like that. Uncomfortable yes, pain no. Check it out before you continue with your love life.
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 01:09 PM   #3
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

I totaly agree with Diana, you should call your dr. and let him know.
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 01:46 PM   #4
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Try to get the nurse if you're embarrassed. But, I have a feeling your doctor knows you have had sex at least twice.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 01:57 PM   #5
toodles

Send a message via AIM to toodles
Quote:
Originally Posted by judy View Post
Try to get the nurse if you're embarrassed. But, I have a feeling your doctor knows you have had sex at least twice.
LOL i know hehehehe

in fact, last time i was in, he asked (because i was in due to having contractions) if I had sex in the last 24 hours. the nurse was like "she has been in pain...of course not" he said "so?????? painful sex is better than no sex"

LOL

he is a funny guy and I should feel better about talking to him about it...he has been my dr. FOREVER but i'm just weird like that LOL I will def. talk to him (or his nurse) tho.
toodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 03:07 PM   #6
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Sure hope you get this figured out. I also wish I had some advice.
Old 06-02-2008, 05:28 PM   #7
Emmsmom

How are things going? Any updates? Congrats on the baby!
Old 06-02-2008, 06:36 PM   #8
Taurus Babe

Yeah, updates please. I hope you got that all sorted out Baby updates?
Old 06-09-2008, 02:48 PM   #9
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

OK, what did you find out? We're waiting to hear what the doctor had to say.
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote