4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Weight Loss Support

Old 04-02-2007, 01:40 PM   #1
Lissa

Cool Weight loss tips!!

Since we're ladies and most ladies are always looking for ways to lose a couple pounds here's some interesting ideas I've come across to help lose weight.

One major problem with the way that we eat is PORTION SIZE! The heaping plates of food we get when we eat out are way out of control when you consider healthy portion sizes, so here's some nifty tips for cutting back:

-right off get a to-go box and put about half your meal in it, and put it on the bench next to you or an empty chair at your table. That should put you at about the right portion size and will give you another meal for later, which also means that the $14 dollar entree you just bought is now 2 meals for $7 each

-Talk to the people you're with! When you talk it slows you down which gives you time to digest and gives your stomach the chance to let you know it's full before you over-eat.

-STOP WHEN YOU FEEL FULL!! Don't worry about the starving children in Somalia, your left overs are just going in the trash, not on a first-class flight to them. Not to mention if you already did the first tip you have a to-go box to slide whatever's left into right there.

Got anymore tips to share? I need them

Marilyn's Disappearing Daughter!!
Cake or Death, Melissa
"Therefore do not throw away your confidence, which has a great reward. For you have need of endurance, so that when you have done the will of God you may receive what is promised." Heb 10:35-36

Lissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 01:42 PM   #2
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Those are good tims.......Now if I could just follow them!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 03:37 PM   #3
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Great tips, Melis!!!
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote