4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Weight Loss Support

Old 04-25-2008, 12:44 PM   #1
ksma

please dont skip meals!!!

SORRY A LITTLE LONG!!

first of all,let me say hello..this is my first post here at 4women...my name is tammy and i am 37 years old..i have a 19 year old daughter kara and a 13 year old son gary.i also have a furbaby maggie 6months!!

i was reading thru some of the posts here in the weight loss support section and i read some really upsetting things.i recently lost 10lbs and i am working on 20 more to reach my goal. I AM IN NO WAY AN EXPERT!!i am working with a trainer 2 days a week and do cardio 3 days.i am VERY fortunate to be able to work w/a trainer..i know!!! but,what concerns me is how many people have posted that are skipping meals..first of all that is so unhealthy and second it only screws up your metabolism(sp?)

i follow a VERY simple food plan that was given to me by my trainer that keeps me full(REALLY!!)and i eat every 3 hours

at first i fought him because i was eating more food than i was used to...(thinking i was going to gain) but it keeps your body stable..no highs n lows thru out the day

I have been following this routine/food since Jan.
i have cheated and slipped many times
but i have to say the most important key to this whole issue is eat less excercise more.it really is about making healthy choices everyday (the best u can)and move more than u are now.

if anyone is interested i will post the food plan or u can pm me(do they have that here..i havent checked yet!!)

any way i dont mean to sound "preachy"or anything but i have struggled for along time and i finally found what workis for me

keep up the good work everyone and i look foward to getting to know you all!!!
Old 04-26-2008, 08:10 AM   #2
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Welcome to 4WT!
I completely agree that eating more times during the day is more healthy than skipping meals. I never let myself go hungry at all! As soon as I start to feel a little hunger pain I just reach into my purse because I keep a stash of granola bars in there

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 08:57 AM   #3
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

I just wanted to say Welcome to 4WT! We have a great site here and lots of friendly women. As for skipping meals, I don't do that either.

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 01:26 PM   #4
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Welcome to 4WT!! Glad you're here. I don't remember reading that anyone was skipping meals, but you're right, it's not the right way to lose. I'm following WW and doing pretty good.