4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > All Else > Vent!

Old 07-18-2010, 04:26 PM   #1
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

A Scam.....

I've been looking for a fifth wheel for Glen and I.....really right now we can't afford it but still I've been looking. Yesterday I happened upon a really, really nice travel trailer that I just loved and the price was unbelievable!!! I was so excited to show Glen when he got home and he was interested too especially at the price that it had. The camper was located at Kansas City and is listed by an individual. I sent an e-mail saying that we were interested and to get back to us and we'd come up and look at it today.

http://rvs.oodle.com/view/2006-bulle...ansas-city-mo/

Well, then I kept looking for a similiar dated (2006) travel trailer to compare the price to but I couldn't find ANY!!! I kept looking and finally came across the very same pictures........but a much higher price for a 2011!!!

http://www.keystonervsource.com/rvin....asp?id=692742

Well, now I have an e-mail and this is what she has to say........

Hello Diana ,

My name is Natalie , I am emailing you regarding the 2006 Bullet Premier Ultra Lite 29REPR that I have for sale. I sell at this price(US$4,900.00)because i just finished the divorce with my husband. When the divorce has finished i received this motor home.Now as a women i don't need. This motor home is in excellent working conditions, no scratches, flaws or any kind of damage, slightly used in 100% working and looking conditions and comes with a clear title, 3 months transferable warranty. From the beginning you have to know that for the payment I request ONLY secure pay, I prefer the payment to be done using eBay services. We will use a safe payment method because I am affiliated at eBay and I have a purchase protection account.The final price that I want for this motor home is US$4,900.00 including shipping and handling.You will receive with the motor home : keys,title, all the receipts that I have from it, owner's manual, service manual, and also a sale receipt signed at a legal attorney stating that I'm selling you this motor home . When it arrives, you must have your ID ( preferably 2 forms of identification ) and sign for receiving.
If you are interested in buying it please provide me your full name and address so I can initiate the deal through eBay

I will wait your answer(if you are interested to buy) very soon!!
Thank you and have a nice day
Natalie Barter

Yea, she wants money!!!! I sent a message to Oodles to complain about the listing but it's still up there.
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 04:27 PM   #2
DianaB

This is what I have replied back......

Natalie,

Since my husband and I live within a couple of hours from KC we would prefer to come and take a look at it and do the transaction in person. I understand that you want this to be sold quickly but you have to understand our part about sending money without looking at it first. Is there a time that is convenient for us to come to KC and see this in person? Thank you.....Diana
Old 07-18-2010, 08:29 PM   #3
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Natalie needs to climb back under the rock where she lives! Some people are just awful!!!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 08:03 AM   #4
JJJ
Donating 4WT Addict

Honestly, what are people thinking. Glad you didn't fall for it; first of all why would she tell you her story
JJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 08:45 AM   #5
DianaB

Here's what I've received today.....

Hello again ,

Thank you for still being interested in buying my motorhome, I will respond your inquires, but first let me explain you how
the whole process for this transaction will work:

I'm realy sorry for you but i think is to late for inspection because I'm not in the city for the moment (like you know i just finished the divorce with my husband and i have moved to my parents home in Miami /Florida for a while.)

I want to tell you that we will use eBay in this transaction in order for both of us to be 100% protected and insured by them, eBay will supervise over our transaction. They will take care of the shipping (The motorhome is already at the shipping company with all papers and documents ready to be shipped) and all the small details. You will get the motorhome and you will have 15 calendar days return-policy in which you can decide if you will buy the motorhome or not. In the inspection period you can test the vehicle, go with the vehicle at your local mechanic for inspection, but do not put more then 200 Kms on it.
After your inspection period (15 calendar days) In case you won't like the motorhome (not your case) you will notify eBay and you will send the motorhome back on my expense, if you want to keep it you will also announce eBay, you will send the funds (payment method and all the details will be set up by eBay) and you will keep the motorhome Please get back to me with your FULL NAME & FULL ADDRESS and PHONE NUMBER so i can forward your details to eBay in order for you to receive your purchase invoice and if you will agree with what will find in the invoice will go from there,
eBay will contact you with an invoice and they will explain you how to start this transaction all the details and instructions for this transaction will be found in the invoice and you will see this transaction is legit. If you will disagree with the transaction proposed by eBay, you can simply refuse to continue with the transaction and would be no problem, i still have a few offer's left.
Wait your reply

PS: Don't forget to send me your FULL NAME & FULL ADDRESS if you are really interested in this motorhome
And also I will need them for further collaboration regarding the transaction and better explanation of the whole process!
Thank you for all and if you have other questions please reply to my email.

Here's my response......

Natalie,

You surely have it parked some place with friends. Can't they let us inside to look at it? As I said we much prefer to look at it in person before we send money. I'm not quite sure how you're going to use ebay for this transaction. Perhaps your friends could pull it to where I live and we could inspect it and complete our transaction here.-----Diana
Old 07-19-2010, 01:27 PM   #6
paula1961

Hmmmmmmmm sounds fishy!! It is a beautiful camper. It's funny how she refers to it as a motor home. Huge difference in a motor home and a travel trailer. Also you can tell by looking at the pix that it's new. No way is that camper 4900.00.

Last edited by paula1961; 07-19-2010 at 01:31 PM.
paula1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 01:51 PM   #7
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Good to know you were wary of this Diana. So many scams out there. Does ebay allow this sort of thing? I'm not sure about all that stuff. I would never EVER spend that much money (if I had that much) without seeing the item first. A person always has to be on the lookout for scams these days....such a pity.
Old 07-19-2010, 05:19 PM   #8
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

A scam for sure, but of course you knew that already. It's a pity what some people will do!
Old 07-19-2010, 07:01 PM   #9
JJJ
Donating 4WT Addict

Good move on your part Diana.
JJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 12:39 PM   #10
DianaB

I'm still communicating with her. She's very insistant about giving her my name and address to go through ebay (I gave her a fake name and address). I'm not sure how she's going to make that work but I guess I'll find out. She's not getting any money from me but this could get interesting!!! I'm going to play along!!!
Old 07-20-2010, 04:15 PM   #11
paula1961

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianaB View Post
I'm still communicating with her. She's very insistant about giving her my name and address to go through ebay (I gave her a fake name and address). I'm not sure how she's going to make that work but I guess I'll find out. She's not getting any money from me but this could get interesting!!! I'm going to play along!!!
I'm curious to see what she tries to pull next.
Old 07-22-2010, 08:32 AM   #12
DianaB

I wish that I could copy the form that I've been sent. It looks like something from ebay but they want me to send them half of the money........get this........through Western Union!!!!! But I am more that reassured that I have several days to decide after I see the camper whether I want it or not and that my money will be sitting there waiting for me to make a decision. It's very professional looking!!

The english is really broken up so I wonder if this isn't a Nigerian scam. Who knows??? I can't believe that the ad is still up!!! I've contacted them three times about it being a scam!!

I'm going to see how long I can drag this out!!!
Old 07-22-2010, 02:21 PM   #13
DianaB

I checked out an address that was in one of her e-mails and it's suppose to be for a ----but it checked out to be a restaurant in Miami!!!

This is what's been going on so far.......

Do you think that you could send me the little book that comes with the camper so I can look it over first? I would like to see for myself all of the options that this little camper has. Also, my husband is wanting to check somethings out for himself. Just send it to my address. Thank you...Diana

----- Original Message -----
To: "Diana Baker" <lovin_antiques@embarqmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, July 22, 2010 11:46:20 AM GMT -06:00 US/Canada Central
Subject: Re: 2006 Bullet Premier Ultra Lite 29REPR : Buy It Now For Only US$4,900.00

All my documents ate in the shipping company if you really want to buy my Rv please make the transfer today

If you can't send the book then could you please supply some more pictures? My husband is really interested in making sure that the harmonic defribulator is in good shape because we've heard that there is a problem with that on these campers. Thank you.....Diana
Old 07-22-2010, 03:46 PM   #14
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianaB View Post

If you can't send the book then could you please supply some more pictures? My husband is really interested in making sure that the harmonic defribulator is in good shape because we've heard that there is a problem with that on these campers. Thank you.....Diana

Bahahahahahah!! Oh Diana! You are too much! That is sooooo funny!
Old 07-22-2010, 04:52 PM   #15
paula1961

OMGosh Diana! You are soooo funny! A harmonic defribulator?