4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Prayer Requests

Old 09-15-2008, 07:19 PM   #1
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Family friend

I am not a person who is big into prayer. I do not pray every night. I do pray when people need my prayers. I know a lot of people need prayers right now but I'm asking everyone to please send one up this way tonight. My dad works on power lines. My dad has always worked on lines, and he will until he retires. My dad, the power guy. I've never been worried about him before, he knows what he's doing.
Well, my dad has this friend Curt. He and his wife and kid moved to my hometown a few years ago and became very good friends with my parents. Curt and my dad worked together on lines. Just about 2 months ago, Curt got a job with BC Hydro which was a great opportunity, and the family moved out to BC.
Well, Curt and two coworkers were changing out a line and something went funny and Curt and one other guy got electrocuted with 14400 KV. The third guy luckily was able to call for help. Curt's gloves were burned into his hands, his cell phone burned into his hip. His back is severely burned from his harness. He has worse than third degree burns and was airlifted to the hospital in Calgary. He will be undergoing many many surgeries. Since electrical burns burn you from the inside out, there's a good chance he's got some severe internal damage.
He's a young guy with a young family and I feel so bad for them. Just terrible. And it really hits home how lucky I am that my dad has never run into anything that serious. And I'm scared for him now.

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 07:25 PM   #2
Shada

How horrible!!!

So sorry to hear this.. many prayers sent to him and his family.
Shada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 07:32 PM   #3
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Thank you

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Old 09-16-2008, 03:30 AM   #4
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

So very sad!! All affected are in my prayers. Your dad has years of experience to rely on. I'm sure he is very, very careful and will probably be even more so after this.
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 07:08 AM   #5
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Thanks Marylin. There's just always the chance that something will go wrong, something out of his control.
I was really scared once when he fell from a pole. His harness kept him up against him so there were splinters down his whole front, his legs and his arms, his shirt was ripped up, his jeans were ripped up, and he was bloody. He came home and I went right to my bedroom to cry, because I never would let my parents see me cry. But for some reason, the electricity never scared me. I'd always go out on calls with him and he'd be up on a pole and there would be sparks flying around him, and it just never worried me at all.

Old 09-16-2008, 03:10 PM   #6
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
That poor man and his co-workers. I do hope he heals and can be a father to his kids. I'm sorry it has made you worry more now about your dad, Lindsey. Ya know, a quick prayer asking to keep him safe everyday wouldn't hurt.
Old 09-16-2008, 04:21 PM   #7
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

I"m so very sorry, Lindsay. My step brother died my electrocution 31 years ago. His death was instant. I hope for the best for your family friend!
Old 09-16-2008, 05:59 PM   #8
goofywife
Donating 4WT Yakker

I will add him to my prayers too!!

One of my husbands co-workers was electrocuted helping to restore power in the gulf on Sunday. The medi-flighted him back to OKC today. It went in under his arm and out his feet. He is not doing well.

OK Yorkie Rescue-Another Chance at Love
goofywife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 08:11 AM   #9
HALEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet View Post
That poor man and his co-workers. I do hope he heals and can be a father to his kids. I'm sorry it has made you worry more now about your dad, Lindsey. Ya know, a quick prayer asking to keep him safe everyday wouldn't hurt.
Amen, Janet, i feel so bad for the kids too.. they have to see ther Daddy that way, many prayers coming there way...
Old 09-17-2008, 08:19 AM   #10
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

I just read an update and he is doing okay. His kidneys are functioning and he is starting therapy. They're still trying to figure out which tissue is dead and what can be saved, and apparently won't know anything for sure for the next couple of weeks. He is so lucky to be alive!

Old 09-17-2008, 08:20 AM   #11
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofywife View Post
I will add him to my prayers too!!

One of my husbands co-workers was electrocuted helping to restore power in the gulf on Sunday. The medi-flighted him back to OKC today. It went in under his arm and out his feet. He is not doing well.
How is he doing now? I hope things get better!

Old 09-17-2008, 08:28 AM   #12
Dobie

That poor man, I pray that he and his family are given the strength to get through this.
Dobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 09:20 AM   #13
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

It sounds like both of these men could use prayer. I'll be praying.

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 09:37 AM   #14
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Those poor men! I'll be sending out prayers for sure Lindsey.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote