4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > Fun & Health Talk > Beauty & Fashion

Old 09-13-2006, 06:39 AM   #1
Emmsmom

Hand Treatments??!!

Ok lady's give me some ideas on how to make my hands look a little younger. I am never without lotion and have put lotion on my hands for YEARS! They are still starting to age and I am only 34. I used to have such pretty skin on my hands. I am open to any suggestions here!

Michelle
Emmsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 06:41 AM   #2
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
My hands don't look the greatest either, so I'm waiting on the responese to your thread...
Old 09-13-2006, 06:46 AM   #3
RLC12345678
4WT 500 Club Member

Are you willing to try something prescription???
"To whom much is given, much is expected." ~Luke 12:48
RLC12345678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 06:56 AM   #4
Emmsmom

Honestly if the price isn't too high then yeah. I am not the point where I want plastic surgery yet tho.

Michelle
Emmsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 06:56 AM   #5
Sherry Lynn

Try a product called 5 Minute Manicure.

I posted this product on the body scrub thread... it's a salt mixed with oils and essential oils. I LOVE the way it makes my hands feel and smell. The only down side is the oil that it leaves in the sink...
Sherry Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 07:01 AM   #6
RLC12345678
4WT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmsmom
Honestly if the price isn't too high then yeah. I am not the point where I want plastic surgery yet tho.

Michelle
I use this stuff called Retin-A on my face. It naturally exfoliates your skin. It has gotten rid of ALL the discoloration, blemishes, everything on my face. My face is now silky smooth, like a baby's bottom. My dermo said that you can also use Retin-A anywhere on your body that has discoloration. I had a friend that used it on her stretch marks. I think it would work wonders on the backs of your hands. It's worth talking to your doctor about, anyway. If you are willing to try a prescription, your dermatologist will most likely have something that will work better than anything over-the-counter.
Old 09-13-2006, 07:06 AM   #7
Janet

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLC12345678
I use this stuff called Retin-A on my face. It naturally exfoliates your skin. It has gotten rid of ALL the discoloration, blemishes, everything on my face. My face is now silky smooth, like a baby's bottom. My dermo said that you can also use Retin-A anywhere on your body that has discoloration. I had a friend that used it on her stretch marks. I think it would work wonders on the backs of your hands. It's worth talking to your doctor about, anyway. If you are willing to try a prescription, your dermatologist will most likely have something that will work better than anything over-the-counter.

At one time wasn't there a lot of controversy over Retin-A? I just can't remember..happens when ya get older ya know.. Sometime about cancer? I don't have roseoli (sp), but I do have (just like my dad did) where these little red vein type things show on my cheeks. Would it help that? And you can only get it from your doctor?
Old 09-13-2006, 07:11 AM   #8
ice queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet
At one time wasn't there a lot of controversy over Retin-A? I just can't remember..happens when ya get older ya know.. Sometime about cancer? I don't have roseoli (sp), but I do have (just like my dad did) where these little red vein type things show on my cheeks. Would it help that? And you can only get it from your doctor?
my mom has those on her nose and i think you can get them lasered off at a day spa....that is what i am getting her for her b-day present...i have the blue veins on my cheeks-a side affect of pregnancy-my dermatologist said they are varicose veins and i can get them lasered off too which i'm gonna do cuz i'm tired of having to put makeup on 'em all the time
Old 09-13-2006, 07:12 AM   #9
RLC12345678
4WT 500 Club Member

Quote:

Are you talking about Rosacea? I am almost positive that I have mild Rosacea They have some out with A LOT of stuff for Rosacea in the past few years. I was put on this cleanser called Plexion that dramatically helped. Here is a link to it:

http://www.plexion.com/

I think the Retin-A is also helping a whole lot! My face no longer gets red and flushed. I am telling you...this Retin-A stuff is a miracle! I love it!

And, I've never heard of any controversy over Retin-A. I have searched all over the Internet for info on it, and as far as I know, it is completely safe. It is even sold on the black market because so many women try to get their hands on it to get rid of wrinkles. It is that good.
Old 09-13-2006, 07:14 AM   #10
RLC12345678
4WT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice queen
my mom has those on her nose and i think you can get them lasered off at a day spa....that is what i am getting her for her b-day present...i have the blue veins on my cheeks-a side affect of pregnancy-my dermatologist said they are varicose veins and i can get them lasered off too which i'm gonna do cuz i'm tired of having to put makeup on 'em all the time
Yes, I know for sure you can get the Rosecea lasered off. My friend has severe Rosecea and that is what she does for hers.
Old 09-13-2006, 07:16 AM   #11
Janet

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLC12345678
Are you talking about Rosacea? I am almost positive that I have mild Rosacea They have some out with A LOT of stuff for Rosacea in the past few years. I was put on this cleanser called Plexion that dramatically helped. Here is a link to it:

http://www.plexion.com/

I think the Retin-A is also helping a whole lot! My face no longer gets red and flushed. I am telling you...this Retin-A stuff is a miracle! I love it!

And, I've never heard of any controversy over Retin-A. I have searched all over the Internet for info on it, and as far as I know, it is completely safe. It is even sold on the black market because so many women try to get their hands on it to get rid of wrinkles. It is that good.

Yes That is exactly what I meant!! I am going to have to try and get the Retin-A. I don't know if you can tell exactly by looking at my picture in the other thread, but it looks a little red, but upon closer look in the mirror there are these little red blood vessel type things, very tiny, but a lot of them. I will be talking with my Dr. in the next week or two so I will ask him about it.
Old 09-13-2006, 07:22 AM   #12
RLC12345678
4WT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Yes That is exactly what I meant!! I am going to have to try and get the Retin-A. I don't know if you can tell exactly by looking at my picture in the other thread, but it looks a little red, but upon closer look in the mirror there are these little red blood vessel type things, very tiny, but a lot of them. I will be talking with my Dr. in the next week or two so I will ask him about it.
Let me know what you doc says. I know there are lots of affective treatments now for Rosecea. If she doesn't put you on Retin-A, he will put you on something else that works.

If I were you, I would do some research so when you go to the doctor you will be able to tell him what is wrong with you and then you and your doc can work out treatment options together. Here is a great site I found on WebMD that will give you so much info on Rosecea and the treatment options:

http://www.webmd.com/hw/skin_and_beauty/tr5971.asp
Old 09-13-2006, 07:36 AM   #13
Sherry Lynn

Retin A was too harsh for me. It dried out my skin to much and made it red and blotchy.. I know a lot of people that love it, though.

It you use it, you have got to be sure to keep out of the sun!
Sherry Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 07:39 AM   #14
Janet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry Lynn
Retin A was too harsh for me. It dried out my skin to much and made it red and blotchy.. I know a lot of people that love it, though.

Hey Sherry Lynn, I started a thread especially for you about sisters-in-law. Check it out!!!
Old 09-13-2006, 07:39 AM   #15
RLC12345678
4WT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry Lynn

What strength did you use? It will make your face sensitive at first. You have to start out using it once a week, then once every 5 days, then once every 3 days, and work your way up to every night or every other night. I use it about every other night. And yes, you do have to stay out of the sun. But what's the point of using something to correct your skin if you are going to be in the sun?