4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Career

Old 03-08-2007, 09:29 AM   #1
Tink
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Tink
Yippee!

My hubby drives semi for a living. He's been with his current company 6 yrs and is one of the highest paid drivers they have because he always earns his safety and fuel bonuses, and so on. He's reliable, honest, and has been rewarded for being so.

2 weeks ago, he mailed his paperwork in from our hometown as usual on Saturday morning. It has to be in the trucking company office by Monday in order for him to get paid the following Friday. So he pays $3.95 each week to make sure they get it. No big deal... been doing it for years and it always works.

Except that time. Tuesday arrives and hubby gets a message "Where's your paperwork for the week?" He explains it was sent as usual, so they all figure the mail got slowed down by the snowstorm. We wait. And wait and soon it's over a week late, and hubby's not getting paid. Accusations are made that he probably never sent the papers... his dispatcher defends him, points out his record and still he isn't paid.

Today, nearly 2 week since the envelope was mailed, it was found! Someone finally thought to go shovel out by the company mailbox and found a BUNCH of mail that had gotten plowed under. Checks from companies paying for having their products hauled, and hubby's paperwork!

I don't know who was happier to find those papers... Hubby and I because he will finally get paid for that week, or his dispatcher since she'd stuck up for him and was proven right. LOL
Old 03-08-2007, 12:20 PM   #2
Mandy
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

I can imagine your happy Tink, tho i have to say, that some company bosses make me shake my head! Goodness, after all these years of your hubby working there, surely they know him by now, surely they could have payed him as usual, and recalculate it the following week. They know you need food on the table, bills need to get payed. Your story reminds me of what we went thru years ago, when my husband worked for a boss. I used to lose my temper and phone the office.
Old 03-08-2007, 12:33 PM   #3
Taurus Babe

That's great news. The mail can really get people in a crunch sometimes. I'm so happy that is was found!
Old 03-08-2007, 02:09 PM   #4
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
That is great news Tink!! How dare they doubt your hubby!!! Guess they won't doubt him anymore, huh?
Old 03-09-2007, 06:00 AM   #5
magnolia

Wonderful news!!! And it's so nice to read that someone stuck up for him and believed in him!

"Wrinkles will only go where the smiles have been"....Jimmy Buffett
magnolia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 06:06 AM   #6
rivermom
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Thank goodness for the person who found the mail under that snow.

It was very respectful that the boss stood up for your husband. What a great feeling the two of you must have felt!!

I am glad it all worked out for the good!!
rivermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 06:11 AM   #7
Tink
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Tink
Thanks ladies!

Luckily I got a bonus check the week Greg didn't get paid, so we got by ok, but I know there have been plenty of times in the past that not getting his check on time would have put us in deep trouble. I don't know if they'll manage to cut him a check this week, or if he'll have to wait till next week now since it wasn't "in by Monday". LOL

As hubby pointed out, it's anyones guess how long it would have taken them to decide to dig for the lost mail had it not been for the several thousand dollars worth of checks they were also missing.