4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Career

Old 04-04-2007, 08:36 AM   #1
Tink
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Tink
slowly losing hope

I was promised that I'd hear this week whether I will be hired for the editor job or not this week. The ad has now been removed from the papers web site, the paper went to print yesterday, so their busiest time of the week is over... and I haven't heard a thing. Nor have they contacted any of my personal referrences.

I would feel a whole lot better if they'd have just checked my referrences! Without that, I kind of assume they decided on the other applicant. I'm half expecting a letter in the mail saying "thanks but no thanks".
Old 04-04-2007, 09:49 AM   #2
Passionfruition

Aww, I will keep this in my prayers (like, right now......there, I just said a prayer!)

If it doesn't happen, it wasn't meant to be, and it's their loss. I know there is an awesome job opportunity out there that's JUST for you, and when the time is right, it will happen.

I know, in my own life, I didn't get a job or two that I was REALLY bummed out about.....but now I have the perfect job for me, and had I gotten the jobs I first wanted, I wouldn't have been looking when this opportunity came along a little over a year ago. It amazes me how God works like that!

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Seuss
Passionfruition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 10:22 AM   #3
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Tink, to ease your anxiety, you could call them again. I know how badly you want this job and I pray you get it. But like Passionfruition said, it may not be meant to be and one better will be out there.
Old 04-04-2007, 11:27 AM   #4
AngieDoogles
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

Aww, Tink! They were so happy when you were there though! I'm sure they will call. You are perfect for this job. I would give them another call just to let them know you are still very interested.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~MT
AngieDoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 03:18 PM   #5
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Don't give up, yet. Something may have happened that made them busy or someone could be sick or so many things could have happened to delay their call. I would call them like Janet suggested. The delay could be that someone is trying to convince the others that you are the one. Never know.
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 03:19 PM   #6
AngieDoogles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn
Don't give up, yet. Something may have happened that made them busy or someone could be sick or so many things could have happened to delay their call. I would call them like Janet suggested. The delay could be that someone is trying to convince the others that you are the one. Never know.
I hadn't even thought of that, but it's true Tink. You never know what may have happened on their end.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~MT
AngieDoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 12:21 AM   #7
Mandy

Hang in there, and DONT give up yet!! They will get back to you, these companies take their time with things
Old 04-05-2007, 07:22 AM   #8
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

I think that Janet and Marilyn gave you great answers to your post. It certainly won't hurt to call and check on the job and see if it's been filled or not. That way you'd know for certain what's going on. Plus you'll also know if there's been a problem in the office that's prevented them from checking your references.

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote