4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Prayer Requests

Old 01-15-2010, 04:04 PM   #1
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Haiti

I hope everyone doesn't forget to keep the prayers going for all those people in Haiti. What a horrible tragedy for those people. My heart breaks for all of them, but especially the children. They must be so frightened.

It is so hard to watch the news to see all the suffering. Tonight, they showed a pile of bodies burning because they ran out of room to bury them. I want to be informed, but to see this was so sad and disturbing.

I hope the aid that is arriving there and being sent still will help ease some of the suffering and will help quiet the looting and fighting. I've read and heard on the news that the Haitians are a wonderful kind people. I wish they didn't have to be one of the poorest and hardest hit by tragedies.
Old 01-15-2010, 05:22 PM   #2
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

It's just the saddest thing. I can't imagine what those poor people are going through. I wish I could go over there and help them.
Old 01-16-2010, 07:45 AM   #3
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Our daughter Karen's brother-in-law is on the aircraft carrier that landed in Haiti yesterday. Hopefully they can help. They were taking lots of helicopters and pallets of aid materials.

So very very sad. There were some people from Rotary there drilling water wells for the people, and they haven't been heard from, yet.
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 01:09 PM   #4
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Glen and I heard about Haiti when we stopped to eat on our way to Nebraska. I feel so bad for those people.

Our church (Assembly of God) has an organization called Convoy of Hope that is somewhat like the Red Cross. They are already there to supply things that are needed. I know that they take very little out of what you send for administrative fees, even at times sending 100%. That's something that keeps me from donating to other organizations so if you're interested in making a donation to Haiti this would be a really good place to donate.

http://www.convoyofhope.org/

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 05:41 PM   #5
paula1961

I have and will continue to pray for these poor people. God love them! It is so sad. Their little country just wasn't prepared for a disaster of any kind must less one of this magnitude! It is just horrible! Makes you just want to pick up the little children and get them out of there!
paula1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 10:43 AM   #6
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

They need so much help! They were so poor to begin with, and now need more resources than most. It is heartbreaking to watch this unfold on TV.

It is encouraging that so many people are pitching in to help though. Some celebs have donated a lot of money, people are going there to help, and many people are donating money. Although we all wish this had never happened, at least seeing people coming together much more than ever is good. This is the way it is supposed to be.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 05:40 PM   #7
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

It is almost too sad for words. So many people are helping in so many ways - what a wonderful place the world can be.
Old 01-17-2010, 05:45 PM   #8
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Very sad these poor people had nothing to begin with and now with this tragedy . I cry each and everytime I watch the news. God bless them and the people who are there to help them.
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 06:29 AM   #9
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

It's such a terrible tragedy. I was waiting for payday to donate to the Red Cross, so I'll be doing that this week. From what I was reading last week, it looks like Canada is trying to fast-track the immigration process for people from Haiti. I was so disgusted with comments from people who don't want to waste their tax dollars on that What happened to compassion?

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 12:42 PM   #10
DianaB

We had a friend of our church, Tim Enloe, contact our pastor and we are paying for a water purifier to be taken to Haiti. It's suppose to clean waste water and make it drinkable.....I know that sounds awful but water is water.....it will produce 500 gallons an hour. He's leaving today to take it over. I always make donations through our church because I'm assured that very little, if any, is taken out for administration fees like other organizations.

http://twitter.com/tim_enloe

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 01-18-2010, 03:03 PM   #11
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

I donated through the Red Cross, which is what the news shows suggested as being honest, and not taking out much in administrative fees. I'm glad I did, but I had to unsubscribe from their email list because I got an email every day asking for donations!

Diana, the water purifier sounds like a wonderful thing to give. They must have water to live.

Old 01-20-2010, 10:08 AM   #12
DianaB

It's something that's been used in Africa so I'm sure that it will work wonderfully in Haiti. Tim is going to stay and make sure that it's all set up before he comes home and it will be connected with a church organization down there.

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 01-21-2010, 07:14 AM   #13
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Now they had a very bad aftershock! It is so hard to imagine that such suffering is going on.

A group of 60 some odd children were brought to Philly. Quite a few of these children had already been adopted before the quake. There are some American students I don't think were found yet. Their parents were on TV, and it was too heartbreaking to really think about.

Old 01-21-2010, 07:39 AM   #14
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
It is so wonderful that the rescue workers are STILL find people alive....such a miracle after all this time. Seeing the children on the news is just heartbreaking. Did you all see the news when they pulled this little boy out of the rubble and he stretched out his arms? My tears just fell.
Old 01-21-2010, 11:51 AM   #15
paula1961

I saw that Janet! It was "AWESOME"!! It is a miracle that they are finding people still alive! But as we know God works miracles
paula1961 is offline   Reply With Quote