4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > All Else > Off Topic Discussion

Old 08-01-2010, 12:37 PM   #1
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

weather

Well, summer has finally hit and the temps are supposed to be 100+ for the next week - probably longer. (sigh) We've enjoyed a relatively cool and wet summer so far, so I can't complain.

BAAAAWWWWAAAAHHHH! I AM COMPLAINING!

OK, now I feel better!
Old 08-02-2010, 10:31 AM   #2
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
I know a little of what you mean Gayle. We had such a long stretch of temps in the 90's and high humidity. Then we had a few days of decent temps and lower humidity and now it's back up again. I don't do well when it's this hot.

Really hate to say this, but I'm ready for fall.....NOT WINTER....just fall and those cooler evening temps.
Old 08-02-2010, 04:16 PM   #3
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

It was 99 when I left work today at 5:00, but it didn't really feel that hot - till I turned the corner to walk to the parking lot and that HOT wind hit me. Hot wind means the temps are really high. However, in the shade of the building it didn't feel that bad. The high was supposed to have been 103 and the sites I checked for temps did not get above 99 and now it is only 98!!! YAY!
Old 08-02-2010, 05:12 PM   #4
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

We were 104* today!!! Hot.....Hot!!!! Of course, we always have high humidity with it so it's even worse. UGH......I'm planning on just staying in the pond!!!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 07:20 PM   #5
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

I would just have to set up shop in the pond if it were 104 with humidity! Goodness!!!
Old 08-03-2010, 11:43 AM   #6
Janet

I'm surprised as much as you love to swim Diana that you don't have a nice inground pool, that's even heated so you can swim way into the fall.
Old 08-04-2010, 06:04 AM   #7
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

It has been nice and cool up here, but today is hot and sticky, with threats of tstorms. We have rain almost every day up here on the mountain, but we almost always get a couple of hours of sun. It also keeps the flowers watered!

Nights get nice and cool, which is just wonderful. I remember my apartment in Brooklyn being hot and sticky from May through September, with very little relief.

Of course, we won't even discuss our winter weather!!!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 09:43 AM   #8
DianaB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet View Post
I'm surprised as much as you love to swim Diana that you don't have a nice inground pool, that's even heated so you can swim way into the fall.
I would love to but the decision is Glen's. We've talked about it but the only place to put it is the front yard and we have all kinds of lines and stuff running though the front yard.....plus we have soooo many trees. Keeping one clean would be really hard. We do have a friend that has a heated pool and we're welcome to go there any time. Believe me, I've tried my best!!!!
Old 08-12-2010, 12:02 PM   #9
Janet

It was been so hot and humid that we are under a heat warning for the last couple of days and will continue to be in one until 8 o'clock Friday evening. I need a break so bad. How are the rest of you coping.
Old 08-12-2010, 04:41 PM   #10
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Janet, it is just awful here too. I don't think though, that our humidity is as bad as yours, and humidity makes it so much worse. It is at least 100 every day.

We just stay in as much as possible. We have been working outside a bit on the gutters, but not until about 8:00PM and only for 30 minutes to an hour, and it is completely shaded where we are working. We also have ceiling fans on the porch where we are working and I set up a big wind machine fan also, so that when we get real sweaty, we can stand in front of the fan and cool off some.

My poor yard, flowers and garden are really suffering. We'll be hot like this for another month, at least. Then it will cool off into the low 90's for another month. Late Oct. and November are when we have decent weather. The only saving grace is that this really hot weather didn't start till late July. Sometimes it starts the first of JUNE!
Old 08-12-2010, 05:29 PM   #11
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

Janet, do you have air conditioning? I can't remember It's awfully hot and humid here, too.
Old 08-29-2010, 08:26 AM   #12
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

We had a week reprieve of temps in the lower-mid 90's and low humidity. It felt wonderful! But we are supposed to have higher humidity this week with temps in the high 90's and it will feel awful, I'm sure! It may rain though, the higher humidity is caused by gulf moisture, so even a little chance of rain is good. Soon though, we will get out of this intense heat/humidity!
Old 08-31-2010, 07:36 AM   #13
DianaB

We've been having some really nice weather. The mornings and evenings are really nice out but mid afternoons are still a little warm. You can definitely tell that fall is not too far away. We always start cooling off the end of August and by the middle of October the furnace is turned on.
Old 09-02-2010, 01:34 PM   #14
Medical Amma

Its actually raining here and i am totally loving the weather.
Old 09-02-2010, 07:36 PM   #15
DianaB

Where do you live? We had rain today here in Kansas. Are you close?