4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > General Women Discussion

Old 09-16-2010, 01:27 PM   #1
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Sorry that I've been gone.......

I've been soooo busy with helping Dae Lynn paint and baby sitting the kids when I'm not painting. So far....we have the living room done and Dean's room mostly done (the owners came in and did some work that we need to paint over). Next we're ready to start painting Karlie's room and the master bedroom then last the kitchen. Our work has been slow since we're both very picky.....and we have two kids with one of them teething!!!! But it's coming along!!

We went last weekend to Nebraska to Glen's nephew's wedding. The bride was one of the prettiest that I've ever seen!! The wedding was nice and I was surprised at how many from here went!! Glen's brother and his wife rode up with us and we had a good time. On the way home Glen and Mark wanted to look at combines and equipment so we had them take us to an antique store where we shopped until they were done.

Today I have a little bit of time on here while the kids are asleep. Dae Lynn cleans our church so I have the kids while she does that. I really have been so tired that I've barely even been on the computer.......but as soon as we get her moved and things slow down I'll be back!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 03:15 PM   #2
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
You better be back.....I miss you!!! I was going to call, but know you've been busy painting. I bet Dae Lynn is glad you're helping so they can get moved in that much faster. I just don't know how you do it....I know I've handled my last paint brush...just too hard on me.

Glad the wedding was nice and that you were able to get away for awhile.
Old 09-16-2010, 05:35 PM   #3
DianaB

Janet, Dae Lynn and I work so well together that it's actually been fun!! I can't wait until we start decorating.....anyway I hope she lets me help!!

It's just been crazy around here lately!!! With all of this and the thngs going on with church!!

I forgot to mention that we had a really, really bad storm last night. We were in a TORNADO WARNING!!! Lightning was all over everywhere!! I heard something go pop near the house.....I don't know if it was lightning or not but it worried me.

Glen was at the church with our children's groups. They had a terrible time when the tornado sirens went off.......which was because of the high winds not a tornado. I guess the kids were all crying and scared.

I finally got the dogs and my computer and went to the basement which I've only done once or twice before this. The electricity kept going off so my router would shut down and I'd have to wait for it to boot back up so I finally gave up on the computer. We weren't down there but maybe 20-25 minutes.......long enough!!!!

Anyway, there's some trees blown over in town and lots of limbs down. We have some small limbs and leaves all over the yard but nothing serious. I haven't been back behind the house to figure out what the pop was. I'm glad that we didn't have a tornado.......they do so much damage and are so scary!!
Old 09-18-2010, 06:16 AM   #4
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Wow! You guys had quite a scare! Poor Glen; those kids must have been frightened, and needing comfort!

There was a tornado in Brooklyn also. This is the second one in about 3 years that have gone through that side of Brooklyn. Damage there is different because of the tall buildings cutting down on the room the tornado has. One poor woman did die when a tree hit her car though. This was in Queens, where they also lost a lot of trees. NYC has not had a tornado from the time I was born till these 2.

We get high winds up here, but I don't think we get tornados much either.

Hope all the damage was minor, and that nobody got hurt, Diana.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 11:22 AM   #5
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Saw that on the news Judy......I don't remember ever hearing about NYC getting hit by a tornado. Glad it wasn't near you.

Same with you Diana....glad there was no tornado. I bet it was a little scary being home by yourself. Basements are great to have.....I sure wish we had one sometimes.
Old 09-18-2010, 11:53 AM   #6
paula1961

Wow Diana..you sure have been busy! I know what you mean about having so much to do. I haven't been on much either lately.

I bet the painting that you two are doing looks great!

So glad that you guys got thru the tornado warnings with no damages.

Does Dean have any teeth yet? Ryan has 2.
paula1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 07:52 PM   #7
DianaB

Dean doesn't have any teeth yet but he's really been chewing. I think that his stomach teeth are going to come through first because they're the ones that are swollen and you can see them under the skin. I guess we'll see. He's really been a bear lately and Dae Lynn keeps Tylenlol handy and some little disolvable pills that are suppose to help.

I can't believe that Ryan has two already!!!

Dean isn't crawling but is doing the lunge thing to get around.....and he moves very quickly......but he's also starting to pull up and stand on things that are low......like the paint cans. He hasn't pulled himself completely to standing yet. Has Ryan been doing anything like that? It just seems like Dean is ready to keep up with Karlie!!! He's a go-getter!!!