4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > General Women Discussion

Old 01-08-2008, 12:06 PM   #1
Ponyup

the serenity prayer

The Serenity Prayer
God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.

I just really needed to hear this today so I searched it out. I believe i made a mistake when i got this tattoo, it was something I wanted, but now it doesn't seem to fit me. But it's not that big of deal & it's very easy to cover in dressie situations. I need to let God have it & bring me peace. Maybe this is what i needed to bring me back to him.....that would be a weird way to go about it, but you never know. The emotional turmoil I have been facing over it has also brought me & my husband closer. He is the most wonderful man, he has been so good to me......i don't know how i could survive in this world with out him. i have tears in my eyes right now thinking of how supportive he's been even though he thinks the emotions i am going through are stupid seeing as it's very small, discreet, tasteful & easy to cover.

Dear Lord bring me peace.
Amen

P.s. Logan is doing a lot better, & is totally back to his old self; My grandpa thinks they either made an error on his first blood test, but the doctors think he might be anemic, both fixable conditions.
Ponyup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 08:46 AM   #2
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
That was lovely. I must have needed it today too, it just made my heart feel so warm. I hope you feel better about it now. It will be okay.

Glad Logan is back to normal and I'll say another prayer for your Grandpa. Happy to know it's not real serious and fixable.
Old 01-09-2008, 08:55 AM   #3
Ponyup

FYI, I tried turning it over to God, but couldn't get over my nerves, so i have made an appointment for laser removal. My hubby is not happy, but I'm killing myself so this is my only option.
Old 01-09-2008, 08:56 AM   #4
Ponyup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet
That was lovely. I must have needed it today too, it just made my heart feel so warm. I hope you feel better about it now. It will be okay.

Glad Logan is back to normal and I'll say another prayer for your Grandpa. Happy to know it's not real serious and fixable.
Thanks Janet for your support you have been super.
Old 01-09-2008, 08:59 AM   #5
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
I so sorry you have let this get to you so bad. If you decide to keep it, it will be okay...no one will see it most of the time and like you said, it will fade because of the location. I thought it was nice, no matter what you decide to do for sure. I just wish you were at peace with it.
Old 01-09-2008, 09:05 AM   #6
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponyup
FYI, I tried turning it over to God, but couldn't get over my nerves, so i have made an appointment for laser removal. My hubby is not happy, but I'm killing myself so this is my only option.
I'm so sorry that this is bothering you enough that you feel that you have to have it removed. I would have thought that where you put it and how often it would have been covered up that it wouldn't have bothered you very much but I do know that it's hard sometimes to get things out of your head. Sometimes it's like we nag ourselves! {{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 10:47 AM   #7
Ponyup

thank you ladies & you are right it's all in my head & i've tried to be rational about it but that's not working. I'm not sleeping, I don't have an appetite & when I do force myself to eat I throw up.....like i just did. I am visible thinner since sunday & i don't have that much to lose. I have to do this or I'll waste away. I'm trying to get over it now, because i am solving the problem. with anyluck it will be gone or signicantly faded by summer & be a non issue. I'll know more once i talk to the plastic surgen. Hopefully, taking these steps will be enough to get me over the hump. Please keep me in your prayers. I wish i woulda never gotten the dumb thing, but now that it's there this seems to be my only option. Please pray that i can keep food down.
Old 01-09-2008, 11:12 AM   #8
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Do what your instincts tell you! Only you know what goes on inside of yourself.

Keep us posted, and good luck with the laser.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 02:44 PM   #9
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponyup
thank you ladies & you are right it's all in my head & i've tried to be rational about it but that's not working. I'm not sleeping, I don't have an appetite & when I do force myself to eat I throw up.....like i just did. I am visible thinner since sunday & i don't have that much to lose. I have to do this or I'll waste away. I'm trying to get over it now, because i am solving the problem. with anyluck it will be gone or signicantly faded by summer & be a non issue. I'll know more once i talk to the plastic surgen. Hopefully, taking these steps will be enough to get me over the hump. Please keep me in your prayers. I wish i woulda never gotten the dumb thing, but now that it's there this seems to be my only option. Please pray that i can keep food down.
Maybe you should talk to your doctor about some medicine for anxiety just to help you for a few days.

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 04:09 PM   #10
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Pony I am so sorry that you are so stressed over your tattoo. Like Janet and the rest had mentioned it wasn't such a big deal considering the location you have it. But like Judy said you know your instincts better than we do. If you are truly unhappy and making yourself sick and you can remediate the problem then do so.

Thank you for sharing the prayer that is one of my favorites and at the moment I have a full plate and this prayer always makes me feel so much better.. Glad to hear that Logan is back to normal.
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote