4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Relationships

Old 03-01-2007, 07:09 PM   #1
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

oh my god

My boyfriend has been acting weird all week so i asked tonight what's going on and he needed to talk to me so i went over, crying all the way, and he broke up with me. he doesn't want a girlfriend right now. he doesn't feel the same. well damnit i LOVE HIM. 9 months ago he basically begged me to be his girlfriend and said there ARE nice guys out there, he's so glad he met me, he would make me so happy and he did. Now it's done and i'm hysterical and i'm shaking and i can't do anything.

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 07:45 PM   #2
Tink
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Tink
I'm sorry Lindsey!
HUGS
Old 03-01-2007, 07:55 PM   #3
AngieDoogles
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

I'm so sorry!! I wish there was something I could do for you, but all I can say is that we'll be here anytime you want to post about what's going on or how you're feeling.

*Hugs*
AngieDoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 08:45 PM   #4
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

I am still in shock and i feel like throwing up. I don't know what to do. I don't know what to think. A friend just took me out and I had a coffee and I shouldn't have because now i'll be up all night. How do I go to work tomorrow and act like there's nothing wrong?
Honestly he was my everything. I know it wasn't even that long, I dated one guy for 3 years and never felt this strongly about him. I loved this guy and I knew it from the first night I was with him. How does one person just stop when the other person feels stronger? Every relationship I've been in has been so bad, he's the first guy who didn't cheat on me, and i've been raped before, lied to constantly, laughed at and belittled by every guy. and it's not just that he didn't do those things, he treated me like GOLD. He brought me into his group and his friends were my friends, his family was my family. Now they're all gone. I don't have their numbers because we all hung out when he called them. I moved to this city for him. Now I'm all alone. He cried when he told me.
I need some girlfriends here so bad. The guy friend who took me out tonight just doesn't know how to handle this. We sat there while he talked about his friends and I shook and tried to hold in my tears. Last night I happened to get back in touch with my "sister", my best friend, whom I haven't talked to in months. I told her he had been acting weird and she told me "If it's not right it's not right. I've learned not to pray to fall in love with someone, just pray for someone to love you as much as you love them" For now I think I'll just pray for the strength to get through this, even though I haven't prayed in years.

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Old 03-02-2007, 01:03 AM   #5
Mandy
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

Ohhhh Lindsey, i'm so sorry this happend! Hugs to you, we are here if you want to talk!
Old 03-02-2007, 04:28 AM   #6
khardy57

Ah, Lindsey - what a jerk he is! Especially after you uprooted your whole life for him.

I'm so sorry this happened to you........
khardy57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 04:44 AM   #7
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Sorry you're going through this Lindsay. I know it hurts, but keep busy. When you're busy, it's hard to think about our troubles. You're young, you have your whole life ahead of you, God has a plan, and this guy obviously isn't in it. Try to find strength to put one foot in front of the other and go on. There is really someone special out there for you.
Old 03-02-2007, 05:01 AM   #8
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

It's so hard to believe there's someone out there for me. My friends are all getting married and having kids already and the one guy that I truly honestly thought I would be with forever is now gone. I'm not going to marry him. I'm not going to have kids with him. I'm not going to be part of his family anymore. I have to start all over and I am so sick of dating. I just don't want to try anymore at all. I'm too scared of getting hurt. I was like that before I dated him and my walls were all up and guys didn't mean anything to me, I would use them because I was so used to them just using me, and it's rare for me to find a guy that I actually LIKE. Me and him just clicked and I could be myself and he made me laugh so hard all the time and I always had a smile on my face when he was around. I didn't sleep last night. I'm still crying. I have to leave for work in half an hour.

Old 03-02-2007, 05:09 AM   #9
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
My advice is to stop looking. Concentrate on other things, study, friends, family life in general. Let the next one find you!!! Be patient....good things come to those who wait.
Old 03-02-2007, 05:13 AM   #10
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

This one did find me. I didn't want to date. I knew him for 4 months, we met on a snowboarding trip, and we were just friends. I had given up on dating back then and I came up here for the weekend just to visit and have a good time and I ended up falling for him so hard in 2 days. 9 months later I don't think I'll ever be whole again.

Old 03-02-2007, 05:26 AM   #11
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Lindsey, I am going to talk to you as if I were talking to my own daughter. Now you have to pull yourself together. It is ok to cry, grieving is part of the process, but remember that you are a young beautiful girl with your whole life ahead of you. This guy was not to Nice, like Kim mentioned letting you uproot yourself with no one familiar around. Never think he is better than you for he is not. This is life and as you get older you will realize that its not always easy. People break up after being married many, many, years and have shared a lifetime together. Be thankful it happened now and not when you married.

Lindsey you never know if its meant to be it will be. Maybe he is not ready for a steady relationship and realized this now. Pull yourself together and concretrate on your school and work. Trust me your heart will heal and you will move on. One day you will not remember his name.

Like Janet said be patient.. he will find you.. We are all here for you.
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 07:18 AM   #12
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

thanks gina. My mom and I aren't close at all and we never talk about things like this but as soon as I walked in the door last night i grabbed my phone and called her and i couldn't even talk, i couldn't even breathe. I got to work this morning and it just took one person to ask what's wrong and the tears came. They told me to just go home and get some rest and try to feel better by monday. I could deal a little better if I saw this coming, if I could prepare myself for it. but he kept insisting nothing was wrong, right up until the day before yesterday. He wanted me to go watch a movie and stay overnight last night and it would still be going on if I didn't call back and ask straight up what's happening to us. He knew for a month. He's had a month to pull himself away from me and when i felt him pulling away I thought it was my fault and I poured even more of my heart into everything I did for him until all of me was just trying to make him happy. There's memories and things of his all over my house and I just can't bear to touch anything yet. For some reason this morning I went through my camera and looked at all the cute pictures we used to self-take of us cuddling and smiling. I feel so dead.

Old 03-02-2007, 08:10 AM   #13
rivermom
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina
Lindsey, I am going to talk to you as if I were talking to my own daughter. Now you have to pull yourself together. It is ok to cry, grieving is part of the process, but remember that you are a young beautiful girl with your whole life ahead of you. This guy was not to Nice, like Kim mentioned letting you uproot yourself with no one familiar around. Never think he is better than you for he is not. This is life and as you get older you will realize that its not always easy. People break up after being married many, many, years and have shared a lifetime together. Be thankful it happened now and not when you married.

Lindsey you never know if its meant to be it will be. Maybe he is not ready for a steady relationship and realized this now. Pull yourself together and concretrate on your school and work. Trust me your heart will heal and you will move on. One day you will not remember his name.

Like Janet said be patient.. he will find you.. We are all here for you.
I agree with everything said here. It might seem like you've fallen into a dark pit and will never recover but you will girl! You truly will. EVERYTHING happens for a reason even though right now you might not be able to see this through your broken heart.

You might realize later down your road of life that this was the best thing for you because of what you have learned, that you met someone special in your life that you will never forget, and that you will meet the person you are destined to be with. The universe is full of unanswered questions but our angels lead us in the direction we are most suitable to be in.

Deep breaths Lindsey - your heart WILL mend and it will become easier.
rivermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 12:38 PM   #14
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

I texted him today. I didn't want to but I couldn't stop it. I asked him for his friend's girlfriend's number because we always got along so well and I need some girlfriends in this city. I also asked if I could stop by next week after I've calmed down enough and drop off his stuff from my house. He told me don't worry about it and I said, no, I don't want it here. He apologized again and said if he could hurt for me he would in a second. It's killing him that he broke my heart. I wish I could feel better RIGHT NOW and be over it. From how he sounded today he's sure he made the right decision. And he told me that as soon as I stop hating him, the offer to be friends still stands. I don't want to not have him in my life, but I don't know how soon i'd be okay with hanging out with him and not being jealous of other girls around him.

Old 03-02-2007, 05:08 PM   #15
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

I am seeing red. I called the girl whose number i got from him and she felt so bad for me and told me to come right over and talk about it, so I did. She lives with her boyfriend who is my now ex's friend. After I was crying forever about how great he is she was like "He is a pig. He's a pig to treat you like this. You don't want to hear this I know but you deserve to.. He told all of his friends yesterday afternoon that he's a single man" AFTERNOON. He broke up with me late last night. She said her boyfriend was so mad about that that he called my ex right after I called them. He wanted to have a talk with him tonight but my ex is way too busy. The girl is taking me out tonight. She's getting all her girlfriends together and we're going out for drinks and dancing. He is not the guy I thought he was.