4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > Fun & Health Talk > The Positive Forum!

Old 09-12-2012, 08:40 AM   #1
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Fall Weather

Anyone else able to enjoy the fall like weather? It has been in the high 70's, but today it's suppose to be 85 degrees. Still not bad and then a cool down for the weekend. I just love this kind of weather and the beauty is amazing. Fall has always been my favorite with that crispness at night and first thing in the morning. Hearing the dried corn leaves rustling against each other just makes me smile. Right now I'm sitting in the living room with my front door open watching the breeze blowing the corn and leaves on the branches. Won't be long and there won't be any leaves to watch.
Old 09-12-2012, 10:33 AM   #2
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

We finally turned the AC off. The mornings have been really nice but it still gets a little warm in the afternoons. It's so nice to have the windows open and have the fresh air coming in. I enjoy fall too.....it's just a really busy time for us......with all of the hayrack rides that go on and harvest. Everything here is still so dry that the leaves are falling early......I'm afraid that it won't be a pretty fall.

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 10:08 AM   #3
Janet

I turned our AC off too. So nice with the breeze blowing through the windows. We don't do much of anything, but I'm hoping to get to more fall festivals.
Old 09-13-2012, 05:41 PM   #4
2tiredmom

we haven't had the air on for a couple of weeks. I had the windows open this evening but had to close them really fast. Have a shunk in the neighborhood. That's what I get for living so close to a woods...
Old 09-14-2012, 06:14 AM   #5
Janet

You sure don't have to live close to the woods for skunks. We had a family living in the culvert just off our property. They sure can ruin a nice evening can't they...lolol

It's raining today...such a fall rain. Yesterday so many of the farmers were in the fields...love it!
Old 09-14-2012, 07:35 AM   #6
DianaB

Well.....I turned the AC back on just to turn it back off yesterday!! We have had a cold front come through and it's chilly!!! We got some rain last night.....the slow drizzly kind!! Glen's happy!! We're just hoping that it's not too late to help the soybeans.

Seems like I'm never happy......either hot or cold!!!

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 09-17-2012, 06:07 AM   #7
Janet

We are suppose to get near 80 degrees today, but with some drizzle. Must be what you all had Diana, then a cold front is moving in and our high for the next few days will only be in the low 60's. I really don't mind though. Tired of being so hot all the time, so this is really nice. Just something about fall....the temps, colors, sounds, smells...most everything about it makes be feel so at ease.
Old 09-17-2012, 05:22 PM   #8
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

We were back up to 84 degrees today. But it was a little cloudy so it felt much cooler than usual. We will have a few really hot days between now and November (when it will consistently be cool), so days like yesterday in the 60's feel soooooo good.
Old 09-18-2012, 06:23 PM   #9
DianaB

We got down in the 40's on Monday night because another front came through. I brought some of my house plants in for the night because I don't want to lose them. The weather has been just beautiful!!

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 09-19-2012, 09:20 AM   #10
Janet

Woke up to 44 degrees this morning....brrr, but it felt good. First time I've had jeans on all summer. I did wear a pair of dress pants to church one Sunday, but other than that....I've wore shorts or capris. Felt kind of nice. I do feel bad though because I shaved Joey and Brenna really really short and now it turns cold. Joey has been wearing shirts during the day and pj's at night. My poor little guy gets cold. Brenna does just fine...shes a little huskier than Joey and the cold doesn't seem to bother her as much.
Old 09-19-2012, 07:07 PM   #11
DianaB

There's warmer weather coming, Janet. It's been pretty warm here.

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 09-20-2012, 01:11 AM   #12
Janet

I hope not...I'm enjoying this cooler weather.
Old 09-20-2012, 07:35 PM   #13
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

I ate breakfast on my back porch this morning. It was so nice and cool. Gary and I had his grandparents' metal porch furniture, a chair, rocker, and glider. We had them stripped and powder coat painted. I took the furniture to Gary's sister's lake house this summer, so I didn't have any outdoor furniture. I found some on sale so YAY! I finally have outdoor furniture. I'm loving this weather, although it gets up to about 90 in the late afternoon.
Old 09-22-2012, 04:52 AM   #14
Janet

Gayle that was so nice of you to give your SIL the table and chairs. It would be so nice to have a nice breakfast on the porch...I envy you. It's the little things that I really enjoy such as that.

It rained pretty good yesterday and a few of the nearby cities lost power. Still damp this morning and very cool, in the 40's but I love it. Farmers have been harvesting the corn so within another week the field across the road should be empty. I love looking out across the fields and watching the deer go from one woods to another.

This weekend the highs are to be only in the 60's so it will be perfect for tomorrow with my friend Diane and I will be heading out to the Atlanta Earth Festival. They have over 600 booths of everything you can think of and a lot of crafts. It will be cool enough that I will really enjoy being out and getting good exercise walking around.
Old 09-22-2012, 04:46 PM   #15
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

The Earth Festival sounds like so much fun. There's a huge antique show that goes for 10 days about 60 miles away. I doubt I'll make it this year, but maybe!

I at breakfast again this morning. You are right Janet, it's the little things I appreciate.