4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > Fun & Health Talk > Health & Diet

Old 07-31-2012, 05:03 PM   #1
2tiredmom

Cancer Scare

Okay here goes. I went to my ob/gyn last Friday. My hubby went with me but I made sure he stayed in the waiting room while i was in the exam room. He has gone in with me before. lol Anyway. I had a hysterectomy 4 yrs ago. But kept my ovaries. So i have been having alot of left sided pain and bloating and lower back pain. So i said something to her and she did an exam and said she didn't feel anything. So she ordered an ultrasound ASAP but she is going on vacation now and I won't be having my ultrasound until August 22nd. then I have an apptmt with her after it. So my nerves are on edge. I didn't tell my husband and have not told anyone else. The pain in my back has gone and the bloating comes and goes. I have colon problems anyway and am on medication for that. My diet has not changed. But rather than bore you with all the other stuff that is going on. I just needed toget this off my chest. I will keep you all posted as to what i find out. Thanks Ladies. You're all the best.

Smiles Linda
Old 07-31-2012, 05:20 PM   #2
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

My prayers are with you!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 06:29 PM   #3
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Linda...as hard as it will be....try not to worry. Most likely it is nothing and that is what we'll pray for. And as for boring us......never in a million years! We're here for you.
Old 08-01-2012, 02:19 PM   #4
2tiredmom

Thanks Judy and Janet.
Old 08-01-2012, 05:56 PM   #5
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

It's sooo hard to wait for medical tests and their results. I hope the time passes quickly for you. There is no way you could ever bore us! Keep us posted please.
Old 08-02-2012, 07:45 AM   #6
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Did your doctor mention cancer? I wouldn't jump to conclusions. No need to worry until you have to. It could be problems with your ovary. I've heard of women who leave their ovaries in after a hysterectomy having problems and having to take them out later. Not nessarily cancer. My Aunt Marva had problems with her ovaries and had to have another surgery to remove them later. Our minds tend to over work and assume the worst. Here's a huge, huge, huge hug!!! You're in my prayers! In the Bible it says "Do not fear".......365 times. One for everyday!!!!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 07:40 PM   #7
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

I know it's hard to wait for test results. Gary was told twice he had cancer, but both times it wasn't so when they did the actual biopsy. Try not to worry.
Old 08-07-2012, 05:29 PM   #8
2tiredmom

Thanks everyone, She did mention cancer when she heard my symptoms. But she felt around and she said she didn't feel any thing different. Tonight I am so bloated it's not funny. I look like I'm 5 months pregnant. But then it could be my
ulcerative colitis too. So go figure. Will find out soon enough. As soon as I know I will post here. Thanks for reading and the encouragement.
Old 08-07-2012, 07:01 PM   #9
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

The wait sure is hard. I remember when gary was told he had cancer on two separate occasions. It is very hard to think about the possibilities. But you have so many explanations for the symptoms that it is very unlikely to be cancer. I've been thinking about you. Waiting till the 22nd is hard, I'm sure.
Old 08-07-2012, 08:11 PM   #10
DianaB

It will be hard to wait until the 22nd. I've been praying for you. I agree with Gayle....it could be a lot of other things besides cancer. I'd be a little upset with my doctor for telling me that and then making me wait that long.....knowing that I'd be worrying about it. Hugs, Linda!!!

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 08-08-2012, 10:57 AM   #11
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianaB View Post
I'd be a little upset with my doctor for telling me that and then making me wait that long.....knowing that I'd be worrying about it. Hugs, Linda!!!
YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!!! I don't think some docs have a clue what they are doing to people when they say things like that and then the patient has to wait such a long time to get an answer. I bet if that had ever happened to that doctor, she wouldn't do it again to anyone else.
Old 08-08-2012, 07:44 PM   #12
DianaB

Gayle.....maybe you should be teaching some things to doctors too!!!

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 08-09-2012, 03:56 AM   #13
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

You should watch (we all should watch) an old movie called The Doctor. William Hurt is the lead actor. It is a good story of his diagnosis of throat cancer and then his journey through the health care delivery system. It really opens his eyes to a side of medicine (and not a good side) that he never knew existed, even though he was a doctor. It should be required viewing for EVERY health care professional, and patients will relate to almost every situation.
Old 08-09-2012, 10:06 AM   #14
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

I remember that movie, but I haven't thought of it in years. It was very good!
Old 08-17-2012, 05:54 AM   #15
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Linda I hope you're able to keep yourself calm during your wait. I was just thinking of you and wanted you to know that you're in my prayers.