4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > All Else > Vent!

Old 06-14-2009, 04:28 PM   #1
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Angry It's HOT in Texas!!!!!

My goodness folks - it is HOT and humid in Texas. 97 degrees at 7:30PM. WHEW! How's the weather where you are???
Old 06-15-2009, 05:51 AM   #2
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Oh Gayle....I don't think I could stand that one bit. How do all you do it? It's 9:50 am here and 71 degrees with a light breeze. There are some storms that are suppose to move in later this evening and tomorrow. Just have to wait and see.

There is just no way I could ever live in that heat. It's bad here in the 80's with high humidity. Sure does drain the energy out of a person.
Old 06-15-2009, 06:38 AM   #3
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Oh my gosh I couldn't handle that! Yesterday it was about 31-32 C here (about 88 F) and I was so uncomfortable. We don't have A/C and it was just as hot in the house as it was outside. I have been sleeping on top of my blankets with 3 fans on me every night!
It's going to be a hot day again today but luckily the office is air conditioned!

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 06:48 AM   #4
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

We're having the same weather as you. The heat and humidity is horrible. I HATE it! I have my grandsons this week and they sure do want to go swimming...I'll have to put a gallon of sunscreen on them
Old 06-15-2009, 10:24 AM   #5
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

It's 92 deg here right now, and it's 1:21 p.m. I'm at work on the coast, so it's a couple of degrees cooler here than at home. I really don't mind it too much. Don't spend much time outside in the summer, and try to stay in the shade. The summer electric bills will be coming though, and with Melissa and Garrett staying with us right now, we have to cool both floors. It's worth it to have them with us though and help them out for a while.
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 01:01 PM   #6
Shada

Right now no humidity (TYG) and it is 76 degrees. I am loving it! In fact I am on my way to grab a book, reading the first book in the Twilight series, then sitting on my deck for a few hours... here I go!!
Shada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 01:13 PM   #7
Janet

Shada that sound wonderful.

I went to my mother's house today and it's been a little humid today but not bad and it was 80 degrees. When I went inside mom's house it was horrible. She didn't have her air on or her ceiling fan and I was miserable. We ended up on her front porch because at least the air was moving outside. She said she still gets cold and usually has a blanket on her. I thought it was so stuffy and I just couldn't stand it.
Old 06-16-2009, 06:48 PM   #8
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

We have had rain for days, and will be having rain for days to come, according to the weather reports. The sun does peep out for a while just about every day though. I took the kids to the pool on Sunday, and it was just beautiful.

It is in the 70's, which is just perfect. What I love is that it cools down at night.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 08:43 AM   #9
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

I think that we're getting humidity from the Gulf and it's made us muggy too. Then we have cool air that comes from the Rockies and, voila, severe storms!! We're suppose to be really hot today. Yuck!!!

From the National Weather Service......

Quote:
HEAT INDICES MAY REACH AROUND 100 DEGREES ALONG THE OKLAHOMA
BORDER LATE THIS AFTERNOON.

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 08:50 AM   #10
Tiramisu

I'd take some of those thunderstorms, just to get the rain. Our grass sounds like you're walking across potato chips!
Old 06-17-2009, 11:09 AM   #11
Janet

We've had quite a bit of rain Sandy....wish I could figure a way to send it to ya...lol
Old 06-17-2009, 11:38 AM   #12
Tiramisu

Our turn will come.
Old 06-17-2009, 07:31 PM   #13
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Okay, we were in Houston all day today, and it was HOT!! I said I didn't mind the hot too much, but today was a scorcher. I don't know what the temp actually was, but it had to be the hottest day so far this year. Even inside businesses, it wasn't cool, and down here in Texas, we have some pretty heavy duty air conditioners. Perhaps the economy has the business setting the thermostat higher to save money or something. It was bad!!!
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 04:08 AM   #14
Tiramisu

We were out last evening, trying to find Hubby a new pair of cowboy boots, and it was embarrassing to be so sweaty. Then, after finding boots at the third western store, we went to Red Lobster to eat and it was like a steam bath. When the manager type person came by to ask how everything was I told him it was good and asked if the AC was working!
Old 06-18-2009, 07:06 AM   #15
Janet

I think the economy does have something to do with it. Even here in Indiana where it's not near as hot as Texas....the stores have to be conserving....it's downright warm in the stores and not really comfortable to shop. I've been wanting to go to Cato's, but decided to wait for a cooler day. I have to take Mom to the Dr. the first week of July...so I may just wait and go then.