4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > All Else > Vent!

Old 08-25-2009, 01:38 PM   #1
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Angry I'm So Tired Of This Heat!

Seriously guys, it is just the PITS. I certainly empathize with all of you that suffer through the cold weather in winter. Weather extremes, hot or cold are just insufferable!!! We have been over 100 almost every day since JUNE! And if it isn't over 100, it's 99!!! We have at least one more month of this as Sept is usually very very hot too.

I had to walk across campus today - about 6 blocks, not that far really - but it was so stinking hot - my feet felt like they were on fire. I kept saying to myself, "I'm getting my vitamin D, I'm getting my vitamin D", but to be truthful, it didn't help at all!!!

I'M JUST SICK OF IT.

Thank you, I feel better - at least I'll feel better till I have to go outside!
Old 08-25-2009, 01:51 PM   #2
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
I don't think I could handle it either. I can handle the cold so much better than the heat. We just have to wear layers...lol. I could never live in Texas although I loved it when I visited a long time ago.
Old 08-25-2009, 04:27 PM   #3
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

I'm sorry that you're still dealing with the heat. It's not fun when it sucks the energy right out of you. Make sure that you're drinking plenty of water.

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 05:44 PM   #4
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

My friend and her hubby (that live here) have a ranch in the hill country. They were there over the weekend and were shocked to see how dry and dead everything is. Jan said the few deer that they saw were small and skinny. I hope y'all get some REAL rain Gayle!
Old 08-25-2009, 06:23 PM   #5
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

As Sandy said, we got 12 drops this evening. A big red (via radar) cloud went right south of us, so I'm sure south Austin got some good rain!

I need to take a picture of the yard next door. There are young kids who live there and they haven't watered the yard a drop. It is dead and yellow. I have watered, so mine is still green. It's like that up and down the street - green yard, yellow yard, green, yellow, green, yellow - a really stark contrast!!!

We usually see deer when we drive to my daughter's - but not any more, I'm sure many of them have died or dehydrated. All the streams and ponds are dried up and there is no green grass in the pastures at all. It is terrible. I heard on a radio show that lots of very old trees in the hill country are dying due to lack of water. It is incredible to think they may have lived for decades, but now are dying/dead. I think it will rain lots this fall/winter, but the effects of this drought will last a long time and I don't think a wet fall/winter will get us out of this drought.
Old 08-25-2009, 08:16 PM   #6
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Gayle, you are right, it is horrible. This is the hottest driest year that I can remember. As I drive around between Bay City, Matagorda and down to Corpus in my work, you see an area that got a little rain, and the grass has greened up, there are even mushrooms sprouting up in places, and a mile or so down the road, the grass is all dried up and dead and the oak trees are beginning to show the signs of the drought. It's strange how some areas have gotten a little rain, and others are parched.

I have to go into chemical plants and hot warehouses in my work. I have to look nice, business casual, but it's hard when you have to get in and out of the heat all day. Late this afternoon I was in our warehouse for a while checking some things & was practically panting from the heat. There is very little ventilation. The lady who works in our warehouse all day doesn't even open one of the windows. I've tried to show her how she can open them an use our big fans to create some cross ventilation, but she just doesn't get it. She's the one that has to work out there all day, so it's her problem. Just hate to have to go share her space from time to time.
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 03:33 AM   #7
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Marilyn, if I had to go in and out of this heat all day, I'd just scream. I don't know how you do it! If I worked in an unventilated warehouse, well, I would have dried up and blown away by now, I'm sure.
Old 08-26-2009, 07:59 AM   #8
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

It sounds like conditions are terrible down there right now.
I hope you get rain for days and days!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 05:39 PM   #9
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by judy View Post
It sounds like conditions are terrible down there right now.
I hope you get rain for days and days!
Thanks Judy! We sure need it. The animated radar shows a big red blob (rain) headed right toward my yard. Please please please make it here, big red blob!!!
Old 08-27-2009, 03:20 AM   #10
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Did the red blob make it, Gayle???? When I was in Matagorda on Tuesday, it looked like it would rain any minute, but never saw a drop.
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 04:01 AM   #11
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Yes! it rained 1/4 inch. Not enough to do much, but rain nonetheless!!!
Old 08-27-2009, 04:25 AM   #12
Tiramisu

It rained across the street yesterday, but didn't cross to our side. My son (outside Nacogdoches) said his closest neighbor (about 1/4 mile away) got 2" and he got none.
Old 08-27-2009, 07:52 AM   #13
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
How amazing is that? I've sat on our front porch and watched it rain in the road before and our yard didn't get anything....guess it's got to stop and start somewhere.
Old 08-27-2009, 08:33 AM   #14
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

I was wondering if you had gotten any rain, Gayle. A little is better than none. I sure hope you get a break in your dry spell soon. It sounds really bad.

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 02:18 PM   #15
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Gayle sorry to hear about the heat wave.. we occassionaly suffer through one, but hasn't happened in a long time.. Excessive heat and extreme cold are not bearable. I hope that you get some relief soon...
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote