4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > Fun & Health Talk > Beauty & Fashion

Old 04-15-2007, 07:58 PM   #1
Tink
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Tink
What's your flavor?

When it comes to your personal tastes, what's your favorite flavor?
Do you surround yourself in chrome and glass?
Do you prefer all white minimalist rooms?
Are you awash in deep colors and plush fabrics?

What's your style?
Old 04-16-2007, 12:02 AM   #2
highlans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink

What's your style?
When I was first married it was all chrome and glass soon changed that when I found it needed cleaning , then when we moved to this house after years of military houseing we had pinks and greens. We are now slowly going round the house painting light colours and clearing the rubbish so it is more minimalist. It was difficult getting hubby to clear his things so he now has the cabin in the garden as his playroom

Last edited by highlans; 04-16-2007 at 12:04 AM.
highlans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 04:46 AM   #3
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
That's a hard question for me Tink. It all depends on my mood, if I see something different I like. It's never the same thing.
Old 04-16-2007, 06:33 AM   #4
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink

What's your style?

It changed over the years...

I basically like traditional furniture, though at one point I went in for the modern look. I feel traditonal woods always stay in style.
Far as painting of rooms I have off white , but now I am into color
so it varies and depending on what mood I am in.
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 07:22 AM   #5
Chandra Amaya
4WT 500 Club Member

Send a message via AIM to Chandra Amaya Send a message via Yahoo to Chandra Amaya
before marrying my hubby EVERYTHING was black. I had black & leopard in the bedroom, black & burgundy in the kitchen, black & chrome in the living room, black & cats in one bathroom & one room other than the kids that wasn't black. The second bathroom was celestrial.
Since getting married my hubby said my house looked like a dungeon. We really don't have money to decorate make for now but my living room is earthy tones with a splash of blue. I have an Ashley slate table I LOVE!!! I also have some tranquil pictures of seascapes & land scapes. I really want a light tan microsuede sectional but that has to wait until the bills are paid off.
In the kitchen I would love to have all chrome appliances but that will have to wait until I move out of an apartment. I have burgandy & wine bottle decor in there.
My downstairs bathroom is sage, ivory, hunter & supposed to be dragonflies but they seems to be very hard to find. So if anyone knows where to get dragonfly art pleeeeeeeeaaaassseee share.

The upstairs bathroom is the kids. It's ducks, fish & frogs.

My bedroom is oriental. My youngest daughter's is fairies. My oldest daughter's is dolphins & beach like. My youngest son's in racing. Finally the oldest son's is black & music.
Old 04-16-2007, 11:00 AM   #6
Tink

I vary between country, cottagey, and shabby chic. I'm not into modern or formal looks at all. I like comfy, cozy, relaxed spaces with colorful accents.
If you find a white wall in my house, you can be sure it was painted before I moved in.
Old 04-16-2007, 11:29 AM   #7
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

I decorate with antiques and I like to think that my home has a comfortable feel to it. I have lots of medium oak trim and my furniture is oak with my walls mostly painted an off white. I've been thinking of painting a wall barn red but can't figure out which wall to paint. I tend to buy things that I really and I make them go with what I already have. I'm going to post some pictures soon of my house on one of the threads (I've already posted a few of my living room.)

http://www.4womentalk.com/forums/sho...ht=living+room

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 11:38 AM   #8
Taurus Babe

as a broke recent grad, i get what i can as long as it's cute to me, and the right price. although i tend to lean towards neutral and earthy colors with more bright accessories.
Old 04-16-2007, 11:46 AM   #9
AngieDoogles
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taurus Babe
as a broke recent grad, i get what i can as long as it's cute to me, and the right price. although i tend to lean towards neutral and earthy colors with more bright accessories.
I'm with you there, only I'm not even a grad yet. lol! I agree. I really like neutral and earth tones with more vivid accents, but I also really like the sophisticated black and white look (with a few bright accents), though it has to be just the perfect balance. Too much black is dark and dreary and makes me feel a little depressed and too much white is plain and unexciting. I think the color is what brings it all together. Maybe someday I'll have enough money to do that. lol
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~MT
AngieDoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 11:49 AM   #10
Chandra Amaya
4WT 500 Club Member

Send a message via AIM to Chandra Amaya Send a message via Yahoo to Chandra Amaya
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngieDoogles
Too much black is dark and dreary and makes me feel a little depressed
are you saying my old house made you depressed?
Old 04-16-2007, 11:52 AM   #11
AngieDoogles
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandra Amaya
are you saying my old house made you depressed?
lol, no, but if it were my house I would be. For some reason I get really depressed if there isn't enough light and color and I have to be there for long periods of time. You can ask Brendon. We even bought another lamp for the living room because I always complained about how dark it was.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~MT
AngieDoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 01:25 PM   #12
RLC12345678
4WT 500 Club Member

I like deep colors and plush fabrics.
"To whom much is given, much is expected." ~Luke 12:48
RLC12345678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 04:17 PM   #13
blowry

When I first married (in 1977) I was colonial...you know the plaid brown and gold...about 5 yrs later I got into country...I love antiques, alot of wood and warm colors. I remarried in 1999 to a man that calls my taste curb side country!! Because when I buy a piece of antique furniture I don't refinish it...I leave it with all it's "character"..I find country very warm, cozy and inviting.
Old 04-16-2007, 06:50 PM   #14
Marilyn

Traci, I really like that slate topped table by Ashley. It is sooo pretty and incredibly versitile. We used the coffee and end tables with black leather couch and chair in a family/media room of a show home and it looked super. We got lots of nice comments.

I'm into natural earthy tones, golds, yellows, lighter tranquill greens, soft medium browns, creams, oil rubbed bronze, copper, stone. There is no true white in our home. Even the trim that looks white is actually cream.
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 07:03 PM   #15
Tink

It's funny to see you all mentioning Ashley furniture. Long ago hubby and I both worked there, as their original factory is less than 20 miles from us. Right now hubby hauls their furniture to stores in Kansas City and Michigan. With Ashley furniture factories in 3 small towns in our area, they also have stores and an odds and ends outlet where we can buy the pieces at reduced prices. They are by far the largest employer in our area.

We have several pieces and will most likely buy more in the future. The living room set I want is from there and in the showroom is paired up with the slate topped table set. The set is brown leather that looks soft and weathered.