4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > Fun & Health Talk > Beauty & Fashion

Old 04-14-2011, 10:02 AM   #1
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Eyebrows

I have never had much eyebrows since I had a camping lantern blow up in my face when I was about 13 or 14 years old. What does grow out is scarce, really stiff or curly... So I usually use an eyebrow pencil or brush. I have been thinking of getting them tattooed, but don't know if I'll like it or the pain.

I know an older lady who had hers tatooed on many years ago and now they have turned a bit green colored..lol.

It's just that when I do use something, if I get hot and sweaty....it comes off. Not sure what I can do. I think there is suppose to be some waterproof and I did price one kind at Merle Norman, but wowsa!!!! Something like $35-$40 and it's not very much of the product.

So...my question is....do any of you know what's out there that maybe I could try?
Old 04-14-2011, 10:43 AM   #2
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet View Post
I have never had much eyebrows since I had a camping lantern blow up in my face when I was about 13 or 14 years old. What does grow out is scarce, really stiff or curly... So I usually use an eyebrow pencil or brush. I have been thinking of getting them tattooed, but don't know if I'll like it or the pain.

I know an older lady who had hers tatooed on many years ago and now they have turned a bit green colored..lol.

It's just that when I do use something, if I get hot and sweaty....it comes off. Not sure what I can do. I think there is suppose to be some waterproof and I did price one kind at Merle Norman, but wowsa!!!! Something like $35-$40 and it's not very much of the product.

So...my question is....do any of you know what's out there that maybe I could try?
I will just say for tattoos, unless you're really tolerant of pain, I would probably avoid it. I have tattoos in other places and couldn't imagine that on my face And they do fade over time and would probably need to be touched up if you spend time in the sun without strong sunscreen. I knew one girl in a class in college who always had perfect eyeliner, and after talking with her I realized it's because she had it tattooed on. She said her eyes were swollen shut for days and it was the worst pain you could imagine It looked good, but I don't think I could handle the pain! And of course, if you don't like how it looks, you're stuck with it forever.

I just did a search and found this on Sephora:
http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P170542
It has a lot of great reviews and is only $19

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 11:51 AM   #3
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

That looks like a great product! I would go for that one Janet.

I had eyeliner tattooed and it is way too painful, although it is fading and I need a redo. I would not advise it unless you are really good with pain.

I have very thin, gray and dark eyebrows. I just had them died the same color as my hair, and it looks very nice. If you have enough hair, maybe you can do that. It's very easy, takes about 10 minutes, and is painless.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 03:37 PM   #4
Janet

Thanks Lindsey....that looks like a great product!! It says it fills in.....that's what I need. Just wonder what color I should use. My hair is gray now, but was a brown with auburn in the sunlight. What do you guys think?

Judy, I don't have enough eyebrows to dye...lol.

Also....I forgot about the pain...so that's a no go...
Old 04-14-2011, 04:11 PM   #5
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

I know nothing about eyebrows. I've never plucked, shaped, colored or paid any attention to mine. I admire pretty brows, but I'm too lazy to bother. LOL!
Old 04-15-2011, 08:45 AM   #6
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Sorry, but I'm no help either. I do know that to tattoo your eye liner on is painful. My cousin had it done.
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 02:52 PM   #7
JJJ
Donating 4WT Addict

I would probably tattoo mine but if you can't handle pain better not. But you would look so pretty
JJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 05:44 AM   #8
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

I like #2 or #3 for you Janet. Depends on whether you want blond or brown. The color you have now is very nice. I like a natural look, and you have that now.

Old 04-16-2011, 02:08 PM   #9
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Funny I read this post, my friend was telling me just yesterday that her aunt just had her eyebrows tattooed.. Are you ready for this.. she is 92 and dating a 72 yr. old... I met her once she does not look her age!!! I told my friend she will be my idol...lol
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 03:09 PM   #10
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

She's a cougar!!!

Old 04-16-2011, 03:26 PM   #11
Janet

How awesome for your friends aunt!!! Judy....so funny...cougar...at 92!

I'm planning on ordering from that site. More than I would like to spend, but hey...summer's coming and I need something that won't slide off my face when I get hot.
Old 05-21-2011, 05:31 PM   #12
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

I had my eyeliner re tattooed last week. I forgot to post about it. The young woman who did it used a new method called "soft tap." It didn't hurt!!! She had to keep going over one spot, and that began to hurt a bit, but this was nothing like the last time I had it done!

She said it would last as long as the other method. I'm going to have the lower lid eyeliner done after the summer.

I was pleasantly surprised about the lack of pain. Something for you to think about for your eyebrows, Janet.

Old 05-21-2011, 06:55 PM   #13
Janet

This is going to sound so dumb...but I truly am when it comes to this topic......do I go to a tattoo place or a beauty place that does tatoos? Told you it would sound dumb...lol
Old 05-22-2011, 05:21 PM   #14
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

You know what? That's not at all dumb! I could have gone to either one, and wasn''t sure either, but decided to go to the doctor's office/spa where there is a professional technician there. She does permanent make up, facials, and so on. It probably cost more, but I'm really glad I did it this way. Because it's a doctor's office, I just felt safer, that it was cleaner, and that there are medical people around instead.

Old 05-23-2011, 09:21 AM   #15
JJJ
Donating 4WT Addict

Technology is so great
JJJ is offline   Reply With Quote