4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Parenting & Family

Old 11-09-2008, 06:32 PM   #1
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Pretty nice weekend!

I survived my family visitors. This is an update on my weekend re: husband's sisters who came to celebrate his 60th birthday.

They came on Friday afternoon and we sat around and visited for a while and then went to eat at our favorite Mexican restaurant. The food was great and they loved it. Then we came home and had birthday cake (Italian Creme cake). My daughter had made it and it is my hubby's favorite.

On Saturday we went to my daughters for breakfast. She had sausage/egg casserole, bacon, sweet rolls, and fruit salad. It was really good!!! The sisters wanted to go to the outlet mall, so they went by themselves and said they had a great time. Then they came back to our house and we talked till it was time to go out to the Oasis restaurant on the lake. I've included a couple of pictures. It is a huge 3-story restaurant on the lake just outside of the city. It has a seating capacity of 2000 It is called the "sunset capital of Texas" The sunset is spectacular!!

After the Oasis, we stopped at a couple of shops and did a little shopping on the way home and i bought my granddaughter a pair of black suede knee boots - she looked so cute in them.

After that we toured around Austin (after dark) a bit and showed them some of the night life.

Today we went out to eat at our favorite little "hole in the wall" Mexican restaurant for breakfast. Then the sisters went to downtown Austin and did some more sightseeing on their own. I left at that time to take myself, my mom and my granddaughter to the first women's college basketball game of the season (we won - YAY!).

Last, Gary's sisters came back, picked him up and took him back to the favorite Mexican restaurant that we went to on Friday. They had to have one more round of chile rellenos!!!

It sounds like all we did was EAT - and that is pretty much true, but hubby had a great time talking and laughing with his sisters! It was a nice weekend!

The first picture is looking down on one of the MANY decks at the Oasis
The second picture is the view from those decks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gallery_photos13.jpg (88.1 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg gallery_photos07.jpg (40.4 KB, 6 views)
Old 11-09-2008, 07:29 PM   #2
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Sounds like y'all had a wonderful time!!! We haven't been to the Oasis. Will have to check that out next time we are in Austin.

So glad your hubby and you enjoyed their visit!!!! Sounds like a very nice weekend!!!
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 05:50 AM   #3
2tiredmom

What a wonderful weekend. I'd love to be able to have company come see us.
But that's beside the point. The pictures were lovely. Glad it turned out to be
a grand time. And theres nothing wrong with eating so much. You've got the
week to recoup.........
Old 11-10-2008, 07:35 AM   #4
Dobie

Sounds like you had a fun but VERY busy weekend!
Dobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 08:37 AM   #5
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

It sounds like you had a really good weekend!!! And I think that any time you have company food is always involved!!! Anyway it is with our family!!!! The restaurant looks like a very nice place and I loved the view!!! I can remember when I flew to Austin years ago how beautiful the city was at night. The capital building was all lit up and everything was so beautiful! It sounds like your husband has a couple of wonderful sisters and that both of you had a good time with them!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 09:19 AM   #6
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Gayle...you really had what sounds like a beautiful weekend. Food is always involved with us too, it just gives you time to sit and chat about anything and everything. The Oasis sounds like a great place, wish I lived closer, I'd love to try it. I love going out to eat.

I remember when I was in Dallas we went to a Mexican Restaurant, can't recall the name, but it was the best food...oh my mouth is watering just thinking about it. We may have to have a meetup at your place so you can take us to all these restaurants...lol.

I like the idea that you all still had some private time...you at the ballgame, them sightseeing and shopping, but still had a great time together. Your family sets a great example.
Old 11-11-2008, 03:27 PM   #7
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

It really sounds like a wonderful family weekend. I'm so glad your husband enjoyed his sisters and you guys sound like you enjoyed each other.

What a beautiful restaurant. The view is wonderful. Isn't water calming?

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 06:20 PM   #8
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Yes Judy, I love the water - rivers and lakes, that is. I'm not much of an ocean/beach girl. I like to look at the ocean and listen to it, but not be on the beach - too much sand!!!
Old 11-11-2008, 06:21 PM   #9
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Thanks Diana, my husband's family can be a little "over the top" - but we all still like each other and like to get together. We have a fun time together, that is for sure. When they left, they were making plans to meet halfway (in Oklahoma) for new years eve. I don't know if it will happen, but at least they are thinking about it.