4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Prayer Requests

Old 08-16-2008, 09:23 AM   #1
rivermom
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Please Keep Robert In Your Thoughts

As some of you know it's been quite sometime since I've chatted on here. This year seems to have brought on many challenges. One of the most challenges in my life ever just a few weeks ago.

Robert was diagnosed with cancer in July. He had surgery August 1st and in September will be beginning radiation and chemo.

Life at times slaps you in the face and breaks your heart. Our world together has crashed upon us and we are trying so hard to soak this all in and deal with what is ahead of us.

Please if you don't mind me asking, keep Robert in your thoughts and prayers.
rivermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 09:31 AM   #2
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Sheryl, you've never been out of my prayers....that is why I continued to PM you now and again. I have you both in my prayers now.

I am sending you a PM.
Old 08-16-2008, 11:11 AM   #3
Shada

Many prayers being said for you and Robert...

We are all here for you.
Please keep us updated. We care.

You have been missed. {{HUGS}}
Shada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 12:47 PM   #4
Mandy
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

There's my friend! Ive missed you honey, and so sorry ive been MIA for a few weeks, but we were in Germany, will tell you all about that

You know you both are always in my thoughts, and prayers.

Love ya lots XxXx
Old 08-16-2008, 04:53 PM   #5
Forgivenmom5
4WT 500 Club Member

Sheryl we have really missed you!! I don't know if you know but I just finished cancer treatment in July. I had chemo first then surgery in April and then radiation. It is a long struggle and not and easy one but with love and support and faith it is possible. There are lots of ways to control side effects now. If you ever need to talk to someone who knows what you are going through just let me know. If you need to talk by phone I can give you the number also. Love and hugs.
Old 08-16-2008, 05:54 PM   #6
Janet

Debbie...you are such a wonderful person. You make me want to strive to be as best I can.
Old 08-16-2008, 05:58 PM   #7
rivermom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgivenmom5 View Post
Sheryl we have really missed you!! I don't know if you know but I just finished cancer treatment in July. I had chemo first then surgery in April and then radiation. It is a long struggle and not and easy one but with love and support and faith it is possible. There are lots of ways to control side effects now. If you ever need to talk to someone who knows what you are going through just let me know. If you need to talk by phone I can give you the number also. Love and hugs.
Thank you! Actually yes, I did know that you finished your last treatment. I read Angie's post in her "positive thread" yesterday. My eyes teard up while I read that.

I probably do need to PM you soon. I've been reading sites about his cancer, treatments, all of what I can find. My head is not in a good place right now. I've got to find that seed of faith that gives me better thoughts, the strength, the empowerment to be there for Robert and support/care for him while we take this "cancer walk" together. This song remains in my head and it helps soooo much.

I realize the long struggles ahead - so much fear! I have not stopped shaking inside since his diagnosis was given in July. Both our heads are spinning with thoughts running off course.

I hope you are feeling well and strong.
Old 08-16-2008, 06:11 PM   #8
Janet

Sheryl the song is beautiful. I know you have the strength to do what you need to do. It will come. I'm so happy Debbie has offered to help. Even though it 's been long distance...we've traveled the road to recovery with her and prayed very hard that she would be a survivor. I admire her strength so much..such a strong woman.

If you need me to research or help in any way...please let me know. It's so good to have you back for however long you can stay.
Old 08-16-2008, 06:26 PM   #9
Gina

Sheryl I am so sorry to hear this about Robert. I will keep you both in my prayers and always remember that God is with you in this terrible time.. Trust in the lord and he will bring light into this darken tunnel.. Debbie has gone through a lot she is a source of inspiration like Janet mentioned.

Sheryl our prayers are with you always.. Be strong....
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 06:56 PM   #10
Forgivenmom5
4WT 500 Club Member

Sheryl, there is one thing to keep in my when you are researching. Some of the sites can overwhelm you with statistics and make you feel there is no hope. That is one reason I waited so long to seek treatment. Just take one day at a time and remember each day is a little closer to feeling better and being healthy again. One thought that I believe God gave me to help me through is that HE DOES NOT DEAL WITH STATISTICS--HE DEALS IN MIRACLES.

These ladies and my children and co-workers gave me so much strength. Seek that strength wherever you can find it. I had not heard that song before but it is amazing. We are all here for you.
Old 08-18-2008, 12:57 PM   #11
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Sheryl, it's so good to have you back on here. I'm so sorry to hear about Robert's health but I'm glad that you've turned to us so that we can be praying for both of you. I know that Debbie's name has already been brought up a few times but she has been such an inspiration to all of us on here with everything that she's gone through. Keep us posted about what's going on and I'll have my church praying for Robert as well. Tell Robert that I said hello and that I'll be praying.

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 02:50 PM   #12
rivermom

Thank you ladies very much.

I never know what our future holds nor it's outcome. What matters now is today with hopes for tomorrow. It's new to Robert and I to deal with "one day at a time". We've been practicing I guess you can say.

Thank you again.

P.S. I did not mean to duplicate my other thread. I need somebody w/ super powers to delete it.

Thank you. Special thoughts to each of you.
Old 08-18-2008, 05:16 PM   #13
Shada

Sheryl, I feel so bad that you and Robert have to deal with this. I wish I had magic words to help you on this journey.

This will not be a easy battle to win. BUT it can be won!! Please keep a positive attitude. Robert needs your strength now. I am not saying not to show emotion, not to show him how scared you are... cry together.. get mad at what life has thrown you guys. Its not fair. But it happened.

Focus on his treatments. Focus on how when this is all over you two can continue on, to look back at this horrible time in your lifes,.. and be stronger for it.. to grow old together.. to have a future. Together.

My first post here I thought my world was crumbling. You responded to my post and gave me strong advice. You helped me. Looking back on that post, it is so insignificant to what you are going thru now.
I am here for you. Its my turn to give back what you gave me. You need to talk.. I'll talk. You need to cry.. I'll cry with you. You need support.. you have mine.
Shada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 02:10 AM   #14
Mandy
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shada View Post
Sheryl, I feel so bad that you and Robert have to deal with this. I wish I had magic words to help you on this journey.

This will not be a easy battle to win. BUT it can be won!! Please keep a positive attitude. Robert needs your strength now. I am not saying not to show emotion, not to show him how scared you are... cry together.. get mad at what life has thrown you guys. Its not fair. But it happened.

Focus on his treatments. Focus on how when this is all over you two can continue on, to look back at this horrible time in your lifes,.. and be stronger for it.. to grow old together.. to have a future. Together.

My first post here I thought my world was crumbling. You responded to my post and gave me strong advice. You helped me. Looking back on that post, it is so insignificant to what you are going thru now.
I am here for you. Its my turn to give back what you gave me. You need to talk.. I'll talk. You need to cry.. I'll cry with you. You need support.. you have mine.

Beautiful post Thanks Shada
Old 08-19-2008, 03:56 AM   #15
rivermom

I sit here w/ hands on keyboard not even knowing what to say. You ladies have given already such heartfelt words of encouragment, and care. I really do appreciate it.

My life has been very difficult at times - times when I just wanted to give up, throw in the towel. But I pushed forward knowing I can "fix it".

My struggles through Robert's cancer is I can't make it better for him, I can't "fix it". I know I want to be there for him every step of the way by his side. Supporting him, caring for him, and seeing him through each step.

I have to admit - the overwhelming feelings of this all has taken it's toll on me. Yesterday I pulled into the parking lot of my doctor's with screeching tires. Running in to their office I said if someone doesn't help me I'm going to have a nervous breakdown.

It seems easier when it's your ownself having life's troubles. But when you watch a loved one experience such fear, such pain, and suffering it was more than I physically and mentally could handle. I realized that with my own minds placement I was unable to care for him they way he needs me to. I felt as if I was failing and was only a burden to him. The doctor prescribed me some chill pills and I pray when they actually start kicking in.

I want to be positive - I want to push forward and see him through this - Through sickness and in health is one of my marriage promises that I wont let slack.

This morning when I woke up and watched the sunrise over coffee I made myself a promise that if it was ever I who came up with cancer I would let it ride it's course. I will not ever go through treatment as Robert is, nor will I try to fight it.

I have had a beautiful life whom has watched my kids grow. I have met a wonderful man whom I care for more than myself. His happiness is greater than myown.

Situations in life puts more into perspective, it makes the picture more clear.

Take each day - notice the small wonders around each of us - and not expect ever for it to continue.