4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Career

Old 03-28-2009, 11:20 AM   #1
AngieDoogles
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

I am ecstatic!

I just got my admission letter for graduate school. I was accepted into the advanced standing master's program and I start classes a month after graduation! I have two classes in the summer, and then regular fall and spring semesters and then I'll have my master's! I'll graduate exactly a year from when I start. I'm really excited because it's a very competitive program and I wasn't sure if I would get in. Anyway, I'm on cloud nine! YAY!
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~MT
AngieDoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 12:25 PM   #2
donna1990
Donating 4WT Addict

I am so thrilled for you. You deserve it.
Old 03-28-2009, 02:02 PM   #3
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Congratulations!!!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 02:06 PM   #4
AngieDoogles

Thanks Diana and Donna. I am thrilled beyond words!

Now I'm just trying to figure out how to pay for it.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~MT
Old 03-29-2009, 02:55 PM   #5
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Angie! This is great news!!! You can NEVER have too much education, as spoken by someone who spent 9 years in college for 3 degrees!!!

You'll figure out how to pay for it. There's usually lots of scholarship money, although it may be a bit tighter now as scholarships are sometimes based on interest on a gift that can't be touched. Interest is down now, so the amounts may be less.

Usually in a master's program you have time to work some. We try to schedule our classes on only 2 days per week, so the students have time to do their clinicals (practicums or field work) and then have a parttime job too.

Good luck!!!
Old 03-29-2009, 05:13 PM   #6
AngieDoogles

Thanks for the encouragement Gayle! I am one of those people who could stay in college for the rest of my life, if not for those pesky little things called bills. I've applied for several scholarships as well as a graduate assistantship. I should know within the next few weeks if I got any of them. I feel pretty confident about at least one, but you never know with the economy the way it is how many slots they'll have compared to previous semesters. I'll keep you updated though.
Old 03-29-2009, 05:16 PM   #7
AngieDoogles

By the way, what are your other degrees? I knew about nursing, but I didn't know you had others too.
Old 03-30-2009, 03:12 PM   #8
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Wahoo Angie! Don't worry = the money will show up somehow. You'll probably get scholarships.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 04:33 PM   #9
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngieDoogles View Post
By the way, what are your other degrees? I knew about nursing, but I didn't know you had others too.

Three degrees in nursing: bachelors, masters, PhD
Old 03-31-2009, 01:33 PM   #10
AngieDoogles

Quote:
Originally Posted by judy View Post
Wahoo Angie! Don't worry = the money will show up somehow. You'll probably get scholarships.
Still waiting to hear about scholarships. I have one for sure, but I don't know if I want to take it. We'll see.
Old 03-31-2009, 01:34 PM   #11
AngieDoogles

Quote:
Originally Posted by gja1000 View Post
Three degrees in nursing: bachelors, masters, PhD
I've never even heard of a PhD in nursing. Shows how much I know. LOL

Anyway, that's quite an impressive list of degrees. Your university is lucky to have you!
Old 03-31-2009, 03:49 PM   #12
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Congratulations, Angie!!!!! This is fantastic news!!!!! You've worked so hard and deserve the very best!!!!

Wow, Gayle is a doctor!! Dr. Gayle, wow!!!
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 07:28 PM   #13
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngieDoogles View Post
I've never even heard of a PhD in nursing. Shows how much I know. LOL

Anyway, that's quite an impressive list of degrees. Your university is lucky to have you!
There are over 100 PhD in nursing programs across the country. We have faculty with master's degrees who teach in our clinical courses - but a PhD is the preferred degree for nursing academia at the bachelors, and certainly the master's and PhD. I'm very lucky to have been able to go to school so long, I LOVE going to school, I guess that why I teach, it's kinda like going to school everyday!
Old 04-01-2009, 07:18 AM   #14
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Gayle, I'm impressed!!! You can tell that you enjoy what you do by the care and concern you have in your posts.

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 05:35 PM   #15
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Congratulations Angie!! Your a smart woman, keep up the good work and continue your education you will never regret it..

I'm impressed to Gayle ! wow Dr. Gayle!
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote