4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > All Else > Off Topic Discussion

Old 12-26-2011, 05:51 PM   #1
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Facebook Timeline

I see that you, Betsi has the Timeline on FB. Do any other here have it? I have a couple other friends that have it and I'm just not sure I like it. I heard that if you switch over to the Timeline you can't switch back, but if you stay with what we have, it will stay that way.

Betsi....what do you think of it? Right now I like being able to go right down the list on my wall to see what everyone is up to, doesn't look like it's as accessible on the Timeline. Also saw where you need to check all your privacy settings and get rid of anything you don't want on there permanently.

So...what does everything think of the new Timeline and are you going to switch?
Old 12-26-2011, 07:03 PM   #2
JJJ
Donating 4WT Addict

I know if you switch you can't go back. But I also read that eventually everyone's will be switch to that.
JJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 08:41 PM   #3
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

I have not switched to Timeline and I think I will just leave it until it switches for me. I am not sure what I think about it, because I don't have it, but I really don't see why it's necessary! I don't need to relive what I was doing and who I was dating 5 or 6 years ago!

It was weird enough a few months ago when my second-cousin who I don't know that well must have been browsing through my photos and found some pictures of me and my ex, Kyle. She commented something like "Hey I know him!! Isn't that Kyle?? He's my buddy from work!!" What do I say to that? Yeah, I dated him for a year and a half, it ended badly, but I just got engaged to someone else? Soooo awkward! I didn't comment back at all. I have a feeling timeline will just bring up more awkardness!

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 01:35 AM   #4
Janet

That's why the news is saying now's the time to get rid of anything you don't want on there because once the switchover...it can't be deleted.

Last edited by Janet; 12-27-2011 at 10:16 AM.
Janet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 08:06 AM   #5
2tiredmom

I Don't know if I like it or not. Just took a tour of it this morning. It looks good but I still don't know about it. My kids have switched. This old person doesn't like change but i guess i better get use to it. Thats what life is all about i reckon is Change. lol
Old 12-27-2011, 10:17 AM   #6
Janet

So true Linda. I'm not big on change either especially when it's working so well..lol I do like the looks of the Timeline, but it also seems a bit unorganized for me to see what everyone is doing.

Last edited by Janet; 12-27-2011 at 01:53 PM.
Janet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 10:32 AM   #7
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

You can try it for awhile before the switch is permanent. I forgot the date, but if you put Timeline in your search bar, it will tell you all about it. It's easy to delete anything you don't want on there. I try to remember that Facebook is a fishbowl, and I dont post anything that I dont want the world to see, lol!
Old 12-28-2011, 12:50 PM   #8
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Someone says it's all going to change tomorrow!
Old 12-28-2011, 02:31 PM   #9
Janet

Tomorrow??? I haven't seen that!
Old 12-28-2011, 02:34 PM   #10
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Now I have heard it will change on Jan. 4th.
Old 12-28-2011, 02:39 PM   #11
Janet

Guess I need to go check and see...I really don't think I'm going to like it, but I think it's just the 'change'. I like things to stay the same when it comes to this kind of stuff. Just when I get fairly confident in what I'm doing....they change it...LOLOL
Old 12-28-2011, 03:16 PM   #12
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

I just looked at Abigail's page and she has the timeline, it looks pretty strange, but I suppose I will get used to it.
Old 12-29-2011, 10:08 AM   #13
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

I haven't hardly been on FB and didn't know anything about it. I guess I'll have to check it out.
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 06:49 PM   #14
Janet

I think I'll just wait until I have to change.

Diana.....you do realize you have been neglecting us don't you? I miss you when you're not on here. I'm glad you had a nice Christmas with still more to come. I would love to have a big family (that cared about each other) to share in the holidays the way your family does.
Old 12-29-2011, 07:56 PM   #15
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Janet, I'm going to just wait also. I keep looking at Abigail's timeline to figure out what it is all about and I guess it will be OK.