4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Parenting & Family

Old 01-19-2009, 09:17 AM   #1
2tiredmom

Kids & Cars

Ok I'm just typing here. I had a dr app today as you all know by now. It was
45 minutes from home. Our school had a 2 hour delay due to freezing fog.
So hubby went out and started our 17 yrolds car up just to make sure it started and it did. Well by 9 am when she was getting ready to go to school it wouldn't start. We have no family up here at all. Hubby also works 45 minutes away from home. So Jen ended up calling me on my cell that i had turned on vibrate because I was in the Dr Office and so I didn't get the message till I got out at 10:15. Ended up she called her dad but she found a way to school. Hubby saw me on the interstate and called me to warn me that the car was still sitting in the drive and what happened. I was going north bound he was going south bound. So it looks like tonight we have to get a new battery for the car. But that's ok. At least she wasn't stranded along side the road somewhere. THanks for letting me vent. Hope the rest of the day gets better. But don't know hubby has a dentist app at 4.
Old 01-19-2009, 09:41 AM   #2
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

She is a lucky girl to have such loving, caring parents. I love that your husband turns her car on for her. She has good values. She made sure she got to school.

I would have stayed home for sure. I was not a good kid.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 01:17 PM   #3
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
I would have stayed home too! How did your appt. go Linda? Or do I need to check another thread?
Old 01-19-2009, 01:20 PM   #4
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

I'm glad that it was just a battery. Every thing else always gets expensive!!! I think that my kids would have just stayed home until I got there! She was a good girl to go ahead and find a ride into school!!! You and your husband are both good parents!!!!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote