4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > General Women Discussion

Old 01-04-2008, 06:16 PM   #1
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Leaving For Florida!!

I'm a little sad this evening. My mother is leaving for Florida tomorrow morning. My (good) sister-in-law always drives her down and then flies home. Then when it's time for mom to come home in April, my SIL usually flies down and then drives back. This year my brother and her will drive back down to bring her home.

Ricky and I went to see her this evening and I just wanted to cry. I held it in till I got in the car because I didn't want her to worry. I am just so afraid I won't see her again. Please...every now and then...say a prayer for my Mom to stay healthy so she can come back home, I would really appreciate it.
Old 01-04-2008, 06:34 PM   #2
AngieDoogles
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

Aww, Janet, I'm so sorry. I am sure you'll see her again in April. Does she go away because of the cold weather?

*hugs*
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~MT
AngieDoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 06:46 PM   #3
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Janet, awwwwww your mom will be alright. I guess she goes away every winter. That is good, older people don't like the cold weather. heck I don't either... You have a nice SIL to drive her down. So she will settle her in thats good. I am sure that you will talk to her often and make sure that she is feeling good. Does mom have anyone nearby whom can look in on her?

Janet what your feeling is natural being she was not feeling to well in the past and that she is also getting older.. I will keep her in my prayers, and don't worry she will be fine. April will be right around the corner you will see.
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 01:11 AM   #4
Forgivenmom5
4WT 500 Club Member

I am so sorry you are going through this. I pray God will watch over your Mom and bring her home safely. I t is a blessing she is able to go after all the trouble she has had.
Old 01-05-2008, 05:00 AM   #5
rivermom
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

I'm sorry Janet you are sad. Thoughts are with you bunches!!!

You can keep in touch with her often right while she's away? Phone calls, etc...
April will be here before you know it. Meanwhile lotsa hugs to you.
rivermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 06:04 AM   #6
Janet

Thanks everyone. Yes Angie, she goes because of the cold here. It's hard for her to get out and drive and she needs someone to clear her walks of ice and snow. In Florida she has a great time. Her house is right across the street from the club house in the park where she lives. So she always knows what is happening and who's going where. She loves being in Florida (Bradenton) and has friends down there that keep an eye on her. She has been going there for about 20 years now.

You're so right Debbie, it is a blessing she can go at all. She is doing so much better now that she is no longer losing blood. Thank God for Dr. Abadoli.

We keep in touch with phone calls and so much better now with cell phones. No long distance costs so we can talk as long as the batteries hold out...LOL

I know...April will be here before I know it and then I'll be wishing she was back in Florida...LOL She's a character and really keeps me on my toes...LOL
Old 01-05-2008, 06:11 AM   #7
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

I totally understand Janet. I have an 86 year old Aunt and I worry plenty.

Love is a costly thing, but so worth it!

Hugs,

Judy

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 01:24 PM   #8
janc

My mil and fil are in Palmetto, FL for the winter. They're 81 and 86 and they would have been devestated if they couldn't have gone down. They bought into a trailer park back in 1985 and have made it down every year since. Just think of all the fun she will have, Janet. She'll be fine.
janc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 06:27 PM   #9
Janet

I know she'll be fine...she loves it there. She's in a type of trailer park also, but it has an added on front porch and she made it wider too. She kept telling her Drs. that she was going to go no matter what and she did.
Old 01-06-2008, 08:50 PM   #10
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Janet, what a change from last year!!! You couldn't wait for her to leave last year and this year you're going to miss her and are in tears that she's leaving. I'm so glad that your relationship is a lot better. You and your Mom have gotten so much closer lately. You're very blessed!!!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 09:17 AM   #11
Janet

Yes we have gotten so much closer. I think having her 'need' me once in a while helped too. She was always so much the 'bossy' person and it didn't matter what anyone else thought, but since she was sick and losing blood, that changed. I'm so much happier being with her than I was a year ago. I'm glad we were able to draw closer to each other before it was too late.

She and my SIL made it to Florida just fine. They were unloading everything, but mom wanted to call so I woudn't worry. My SIL doesn't get to stay there for a day or so this time, she is on a plane back as I type.
Old 01-07-2008, 01:56 PM   #12
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Bless her heart Janet! She's young inside and that counts for everything!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 04:50 PM   #13
Janet

I know Judy...she really is. Just a couple years ago when she was in Florida, she took 'clogging' classes. It's some kind of dance and she really enjoyed it. I'm glad she stays so young.