4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > Fun & Health Talk > Beauty & Fashion

Old 09-09-2006, 02:12 AM   #1
ice queen

Face wash, moisturizer, face scrubs???

What is your absolute favorite face wash, moisturizer and face scrubs??? i love purity made simple face wash-it cleans my skin without stripping it but it also helps keep my face from breaking out around my period and if i do get a pimple or two i just wash my face twice that day and the next day it is gone. I love hope in jar moisturizer...it doesn't break my face out or make it too greasy...and my face scrub is the microdelivery peel system..all of this is available from philosophy...i get a new kit like every three months...i still have two un-opened kits in my bathroom...i got on the credit card plan and keep forgetting to ask them to hold off until i need more...i guess i can give them to my mom for a birthday present i have sensitive skin and i haven't had any problems at all with the face scrub...i have been wanting to try it for a while but was scared it would tear my skin up...okay enough about my face routine...tell me about yours!!!
Old 09-09-2006, 04:26 AM   #2
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
I don't use a lot of items for my face. I never wash my face with soap. I use ponds cleansing in a jar and then I moisturize with Oil of Olay. I try other items at different times, but stick pretty close to those.
Janet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 04:39 AM   #3
ice queen

janet...i have been a fan of oil of olay since i was fifteen....my mom raised me to always wear a face moisturizer for prevention of wrinkles and sun damage...plus she said a lady never wants to look her age!!! i'm trying to instill the same lessons in my daughters by making sure they always wear sunblock and put lotion on after they take a bath....like they say love the skin you are in...did you know that your skin is the body's largest organ? i know with the medical breakthroughs they have now you can get everything replaced or enhanced on your body but they can't give you a new layer of skin....
Old 09-09-2006, 07:47 AM   #4
RLC12345678
4WT 500 Club Member

I am literally obsessed with my facial complexion. I have acne, so I've been going to the dermatologist since I was in 5th grade!!!! After trying everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, under the sun for my acne, I am now a firm believer that "less is more"! Everything I use on my face is cheap and comes from the drugstore. I've tried pricey products, but nothing has worked as well as my usual drugstore products. If I didn't take really good care of my skin I would have severe acne, so I KNOW for a FACT that my products work, even though they aren't expensive.

I wash twice a day (morning and evening religiously) with Purpose soap. I followup in the morning with Olay Complete with SPF 15 for oily/combination skin. In the evenings, I either use Retin-A (prescribed by my dermatologist for acne) or Nutrogena Moisturizer for Combination Skin if my face is too sensitive to use the Retin-A that night. My face has never looked so good in my life. I'm only 22, but I'm taking good care of my skin so I won't have wrinkles later.
"To whom much is given, much is expected." ~Luke 12:48
RLC12345678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 09:17 AM   #5
Kimberley

I use soap in the shower and then follow up with toner, light lotion and a moisturizer. My aunt picked it up at some Asian store and it smells WONDERFUL!!!! Don't ask me the name cause I can't read it! LOL! Anyway, I've noticed my fine lines softening and I love it!
Kimberley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 09:44 AM   #6
Janet

RCL12345678: You said you have tried everything. Have you tried that Proactive Program they advertise on TV? My son is beginning to get blemishes quite a bit. He washes his face religiously too, but I was thinking of trying that, but don't know anyone who has.

ice queen: I have used the Olay products for a very long time too. I love all their different products, but switch once in awhile to try something new. Glad I'm not the only one, only because some of the younger women I know laugh and say it's for "old" people, yet when I ask them to tell me my age, they always guess 3-7 years younger. Who knows whether it's my facial skin or the way I act...LOL
Old 09-09-2006, 10:44 AM   #7
Luv2Teach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet
RCL12345678: You said you have tried everything. Have you tried that Proactive Program they advertise on TV? My son is beginning to get blemishes quite a bit. He washes his face religiously too, but I was thinking of trying that, but don't know anyone who has.
I tried the proactive program, but it seemed to dry my face out A LOT. I stopped using it.
Old 09-09-2006, 10:55 AM   #8
Janet

His skin isn't particularly oily or anything so it would probably dry his skin out too. I wonder if he used some kind of moistureizer at night if that would help.

He's tall and skinny and when I make him lay off these chocolate cake things he likes, his face starts clearing up. Right now that is exactly what we're doing. I didn't buy him any today, so when he gets back from Scout camp he won't be happy with me. He'll just have to decide which he wants more, acne or cakes.
Old 09-09-2006, 11:56 AM   #9
Necee419

Quote:
His skin isn't particularly oily or anything so it would probably dry his skin out too. I wonder if he used some kind of moistureizer at night if that would help.

He's tall and skinny and when I make him lay off these chocolate cake things he likes, his face starts clearing up. Right now that is exactly what we're doing. I didn't buy him any today, so when he gets back from Scout camp he won't be happy with me. He'll just have to decide which he wants more, acne or cakes.
I have dry skin that is prone to dermatitis and acne and my dermatologist recommended Cetaphil moisture lotion. You can buy it at any drug store and it is extremely gentle for sensitive skin. It has no chemicals or perfumes and it doesn't clog your pores. i use it at night and under my makeup and it is great. Maybe it would be good for your son.
Necee419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 11:59 AM   #10
Janet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necee419
I have dry skin that is prone to dermatitis and acne and my dermatologist recommended Cetaphil moisture lotion. You can buy it at any drug store and it is extremely gentle for sensitive skin. It has no chemicals or perfumes and it doesn't clog your pores. i use it at night and under my makeup and it is great. Maybe it would be good for your son.
Thanks for the tip!! I appreciate it very much. I would just hate for it to get too bad, you know how cruel kids, including teenages can be. I'll be going to town sometime this evening so will see if I can pick some up.
Old 09-09-2006, 08:30 PM   #11
RLC12345678
4WT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Yes. I've tried Proactive. It was WAAAAAY too harsh for my face. It has exfoliating properties, and my dermo told me that the worst thing you can do for acne is exfoliate! I would not recommend it to anyone. If he is starting to get blemishes, I would take him to the dermatologist to get something prescription and then use either Citaphil face wash or Purpose face wash and a very light moisturizer. The harsh things like Toner, Clearacil, ect. just irritate the skin and make acne worse. The very very best thing for acne, and I've tried EVERYTHING, is mild soap, light moisturizer, and whatever topical or pill the dermatologist prescribes. The only thing I should warn you about is that the solutions that the dermo prescribes are LONG TERM solutions. It takes them about a month to really start working and in a lot of cases it makes acne worse before making it better because it cleans all your pores out. But, whatever he is prescribed, STICK WITH IT! One reason I had such bad acne growing up is because I would never stick with what the dermatologist would prescribe. Now that I am older and know better, I have stuck with my regimines and my skin has never looked better.
"To whom much is given, much is expected." ~Luke 12:48
RLC12345678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 06:32 PM   #12
Shannon

I use Cetaphil Cleanser. Paula's Choice Final Touch Toner, and Paula's Choice Blemish Control Lotion on occasion. I have oily skin, but I find that most acne products are to harsh. A good light cleanser helps balance my skin out. Paula's Choice has awesome products and I have tried just about everything. By the way, I wash Lola with Paula's Choice Body Shampoo. It is fragrance free and good for her sensitive skin.
Old 09-11-2006, 09:44 AM   #13
rivermom
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

For over a year now I've been using the Arbonne RE9 skin care program. It has really helped with the fine lines around my eyes and I like how it feels on my skin.

The only negative side of this product is the high cost. My husband and I have been trying to cut corners when possible since business has been a little slower. So, The Arbonne once used up will not be replaced. I will be heading to the drug store isles in search of new products.

Thanks ladies for telling us all your favorite products. Are any of you partial to an inexpensive toner that you like to use?
rivermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 10:56 AM   #14
Carolyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivermom
For over a year now I've been using the Arbonne RE9 skin care program. It has really helped with the fine lines around my eyes and I like how it feels on my skin.

The only negative side of this product is the high cost. My husband and I have been trying to cut corners when possible since business has been a little slower. So, The Arbonne once used up will not be replaced. I will be heading to the drug store isles in search of new products.

Thanks ladies for telling us all your favorite products. Are any of you partial to an inexpensive toner that you like to use?
I use the RE9 too and I love it! It's very expensive but it lasts a long time. Of course I'm partial since I'm a consultant! LOL!
Carolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 06:27 PM   #15
Meg

I am an Esthetician, so this topic is basically my life!!

I had RE9 and it caused horrible breakouts in my skin, as well as my mom and a friends. But I know a lot of people who use it and love it.

I have had bad skin, and been on Accutane twice(in HS and right after HS), and I started using ProActiv and it worked great for me, then I switched to Arbonne and had to get back on antibiotics for my skin. So I am back to ProActive and it is working.

Proactiveworks great for some and not for others. **it usually works best on adolesent skin, because they are prone to such oily skin. As we age, we lose that oiliness, and then that is why proactiv can be to harsh** (Am I making sence?)

Janet- If your sons skin starts getting too bad, get him on meds, the scarring isn't worth it.

Quote:
It has exfoliating properties, and my dermo told me that the worst thing you can do for acne is exfoliate!
I am SOOO suprised your doc told you that. Sometimes acne is caused by a build up of cells that need to be sloughed off. There are some cases when acne is so bad that exfoliating spreads it around.

Last edited by Meg; 09-12-2006 at 06:29 PM.