4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Prayer Requests

Old 11-25-2009, 04:37 AM   #1
HALEY

prayers needed.

Please pray for my mom & Micah, my mom had another heart attack Monday and she is still in the hospital.
Micah went back to the doctors Monday he has a double ear infection now, the antibiotic drops weren't working, so they called me in a stronger antibioitic, poor little guy has the runs now..
so i'm at work today, and i'll have four days off, hopefully everyone recovers in this time..
I don't know what were doing for Thanksgiving, i'll probably run and get a ham and cook it.. My mom always had Thanksgiviing dinner..
Old 11-25-2009, 05:20 AM   #2
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Oh Haley, I'm so sorry about your mom! It is so hard to have someone in the hospital over the Holidays. One year my husband was in the hospital over Christmas - that is NO fun at all. A ham sounds like a really good idea, it's very easy! You can get the canned sweet potatoes and they have a really good recipe for candied sweet potatoes on the can. We love the boil in the bag shoepeg corn too. I bet the store has some sort of cranberry salad in the deli and then some brown and serve rolls and you've got a quick and easy dinner. It sure won't be the same though. Is there a cafeteria or restaurant serving Thanksgiving dinner? We've done that too, in a pinch!

I hope your mom recovers quickly!

I feel so sorry for little Micah - he has just had too much ear trouble. It is very upsetting, I know, for the doctors to not be able to control his ear infections.

This Thanksgiving will not be much fun - but you are strong and you can make it happen!
Old 11-25-2009, 05:32 AM   #3
HALEY

Thanks Gayle, i just got off the phone with my sister, my mom has everything over her house, my sister is getting everything today and she is making pumkin pies right now, so i'll go over her house early tom and help her cook. we'll make a nice dinner for the family..

i hear you about Micah's ears, its very frustrating. i thought the tubes were suppose to stop the infections, but they said the ear infections is from the sinus infection.. so i guess there doing there job, I think he's starting to feel better, Na-Na is with him today and i took yesterday off. It was so sad monday when i took him to daycare he was crying, and kept saying Micah go home... and i asked him if he's not feeling good and he puffed out that bottom lip and just cryed, so i turned the truck around and we went home...
Old 11-25-2009, 06:12 AM   #4
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Oh gosh, that would have broken my heart too, if Micah had looked at me that way. There is no way I could have left him either!

I'm so glad that you and your sister are going to fix dinner for everyone. Don't stress yourself out over it though, you need a break and some rest too.
Old 11-25-2009, 06:22 AM   #5
HALEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by gja1000 View Post
Oh gosh, that would have broken my heart too, if Micah had looked at me that way. There is no way I could have left him either!

I'm so glad that you and your sister are going to fix dinner for everyone. Don't stress yourself out over it though, you need a break and some rest too.
I'm ok, i got my cleaning and laundry done yesterday while i was home with Micah. I told my sister i'm going to get a bottle of wine for us..
Yep when he puffs that bottom lip out its over, i'm such a sucker...
Old 11-25-2009, 06:35 AM   #6
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Poor little Micah! He has had such a rough time with his ears. I would have crumbled at "Micah go home," and the bottom lip would have had me doing the same thing Haley. It's so sad when they are sick!

I am so sorry to hear about your Mom being in the hospital. I hope it was a mild heart attack, and that she recuperates easily.

Have the best Thanksgiving you can. It is great that your family will be together.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 07:15 AM   #7
HALEY

Thanks Judy,
My mom's potassium level was high and it put her in cardiac arrest, and her diphibulator (can't spell that) kicked in and knocked her on the ground in our basement which is concrete its not finished, and she is pretty banged up, her butt is all bruised and three fingers are all black and blue, she fell by the freezer and the hot water tank so i don't know what she hit. SHe was yelling for my dad cause she couldn't get back up again. I don't know how long she laid there cause she said she passed out from the shock.. This is the second time that went off, i don't know if you remember last Christmas she was at the hospital in the garage and it went off and no one was around.. she laid out in the cold forever and when she could get up she drove herself home, we were so mad at her.. She was right there at the hospital she should have walked back in again.. But my mother is bull-headed....
Old 11-25-2009, 07:41 AM   #8
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Oh Haley! I didn't realize your mom had a defibrillator - those things are wonderful when you need them. But if they go off with no one around, it can be bad due to injuries from falling. My husband has one too, but thankfully, it has never gone off. Your mom needs to watch her potassium more carefully! High potassium is really dangerous and she found out. Does she have a list of high potassium foods? She should avoid all the high ones, for sure. Gary's potassium gets too high when he retains fluids, so he has to be very careful to watch his swelling and take extra water pills when needed. Some water pills keep the potassium in the body which can be bad and cause high potassium.

I hope your mom knows or finds out why her potassium was too high and avoid that situation in the future.
Old 11-25-2009, 07:43 AM   #9
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Poor little Micah. I would have gone back home too if the little lip had come out. I hate to wish for him to grow up but he'll probably grow out of this in a few years, but it's hard until then. I think that I told you that I had a friend that went through this same thing with all three of her daughters. They were always at the doctor's office but they grew out of it by the time they went to school.

I'm so sorry to hear about your Mom. You and your sister just do the best that you can and I'm sure that everyone will be understanding if things aren't perfect.

I had a brother-in-law that got seriously injured when he was about 14. He spent months in the hospital at Wichita and was there over Thanksgiving and Christmas. I remember that some neighbors and family sent out food for all of us to be out there with him. It was so special that they did that. He was hurt so badly that the doctors weren't sure that he would make it but he did and is as ornery as ever!!! That happened about 28-29 years ago. Wow!!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 08:10 AM   #10
HALEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by gja1000 View Post
Oh Haley! I didn't realize your mom had a defibrillator - those things are wonderful when you need them. But if they go off with no one around, it can be bad due to injuries from falling. My husband has one too, but thankfully, it has never gone off. Your mom needs to watch her potassium more carefully! High potassium is really dangerous and she found out. Does she have a list of high potassium foods? She should avoid all the high ones, for sure. Gary's potassium gets too high when he retains fluids, so he has to be very careful to watch his swelling and take extra water pills when needed. Some water pills keep the potassium in the body which can be bad and cause high potassium.

I hope your mom knows or finds out why her potassium was too high and avoid that situation in the future.
Yes she has a difibrillator and a pacemaker. she only has about 20% of her heart that is working.
The nurse was telling my mom something about her water pills, yea they gave her a list of hig potassium foods last time i do remember cause she was mad she couldn't eat banana's anymore. so just have to see what they say this time.
Old 11-25-2009, 08:14 AM   #11
HALEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianaB View Post
Poor little Micah. I would have gone back home too if the little lip had come out. I hate to wish for him to grow up but he'll probably grow out of this in a few years, but it's hard until then. I think that I told you that I had a friend that went through this same thing with all three of her daughters. They were always at the doctor's office but they grew out of it by the time they went to school.

I'm so sorry to hear about your Mom. You and your sister just do the best that you can and I'm sure that everyone will be understanding if things aren't perfect.

I had a brother-in-law that got seriously injured when he was about 14. He spent months in the hospital at Wichita and was there over Thanksgiving and Christmas. I remember that some neighbors and family sent out food for all of us to be out there with him. It was so special that they did that. He was hurt so badly that the doctors weren't sure that he would make it but he did and is as ornery as ever!!! That happened about 28-29 years ago. Wow!!
Yea i knew he wasn't feeling good when he does stuff like that, plus he was very clingy that morning, i should have known better.. but hopefully these stronger antiobiotics will work for him.. we have to take him back in about 3 weeks for a recheck..
Old 11-25-2009, 03:35 PM   #12
paula1961

Oh Haley! I am so sorry about your Mom and little Micah! Hopefully they will heal up soon! My Dad has a defibulator(ICD) and only 30% of his heart is working and he has been shocked before without any notice! But all in all those things are life savers! Good luck sweetie! You are definitely in my prayers! Hugs to ya!
paula1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 04:09 PM   #13
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

I hope she listens this time Haley! It sounds like she is a fighter, which is good when you are sick, but can be rough on the family! My mother was like that. Always doing things that were bad for her, and ending up in the hospital, worrying us! Looking back though, I have to honestly say that I am glad she got to live her life on her terms. She was the woman Diana's signature describes!

She did make us crazy though. I will pray for your Mom.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 06:46 PM   #14
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

I hope everybody recovers quickly, Haley. Have a good Thanksgiving, and try to get some rest
Old 11-26-2009, 06:44 AM   #15
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Haley...I'm so sorry I haven't been on much to see this thread. Girl..you have a lot going on. Poor Micah...I hope he outgrows this soon. I just hate the thought of a child having trouble with their ears...so painful.

I will keep both Micah and your Mom in my prayers. I hope you all can still have a wonderful holiday.