4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Relationships

Old 05-11-2007, 10:15 AM   #1
Lissa

So sweet!!

I was talking to my boyfriend the other day, you know the one I keep talkin about? Mandy's thread about her son reminded me about this.

My guy acts alot like his dad. His mom's noticed it and as I've been spending more time with him and his family, I've noticed it too. And the other day he did something that just screamed his dad and it kinda took me aback. I pointed it out to him and he said "Well my dad's awesome so I knowingly took up some of his habits." He even said that when he gets married he wants his dad to be a groomsmen if not the Best Man.

I hope one day I get to have a son that's like him. You always hear about the rebellious kids that love their parents but swear they don't want to be like them? It's kinda nice to have someone that admires a parent that much.

Marilyn's Disappearing Daughter!!
Cake or Death, Melissa
"Therefore do not throw away your confidence, which has a great reward. For you have need of endurance, so that when you have done the will of God you may receive what is promised." Heb 10:35-36

Lissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 10:40 AM   #2
AngieDoogles
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

Aww, that's so sweet Lissa. I'm sure you will have an amazing son someday since you are such a sweet and caring person. They take after their parents, you know.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~MT
AngieDoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 12:19 PM   #3
Mandy

Thanks Lissa, i take this as a compliment, and you are right on, we all hope our kids turn out to be examples for society, but we can influence them a lot in our home life, and upbringing. My husband is a good man, and a good dad, he does a lot of boy things with my son, and he sure knows how to treat a woman, and i can tell at my son's young age, that he is taking over a lot of my husband's traits.

You will have good kids in the future too, your mom and dad have been a great example to you, and you turned out to be a wonderful young lady, you will carry that over to your own kids one day.
Old 05-11-2007, 01:32 PM   #4
AngieDoogles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy
Thanks Lissa, i take this as a compliment, and you are right on, we all hope our kids turn out to be examples for society, but we can influence them a lot in our home life, and upbringing. My husband is a good man, and a good dad, he does a lot of boy things with my son, and he sure knows how to treat a woman, and i can tell at my son's young age, that he is taking over a lot of my husband's traits.

You will have good kids in the future too, your mom and dad have been a great example to you, and you turned out to be a wonderful young lady, you will carry that over to your own kids one day.
Very well said! I couldn't agree more.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~MT
AngieDoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 01:35 PM   #5
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

My father-in-law is a really great family man, always doing things with the kids and spending time with them. I see a lot of my FIL in my husband and his brothers (and sisters too). They are all the kind of parents that every kid would love to have. I see those same characteristics showing up in my own children. My son is a really good father and helps his wife out a lot with the household and the kids. My oldest daughter is always doing things with her girls. The kids are NEVER treated as though they are unwelcome or a bother. It is nice to see those traits being passed on to the next generation.

Lissa, you're very fortunate to find a man with wonderful family traits. As I've said before, you better hang on to him!!!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 04:46 AM   #6
bkessler

Lissa,

Your bf sounds like such a sweet guy and you are so lucky to have someone like him in your life.. I agree, i think its awesome when people look up to their parents and try to be similar to them!! Have a good weekend