4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Career

Old 10-09-2006, 10:32 AM   #1
magnolia

What a week!!!

First of all, all of last week was spent finishing up and closing out the month of September. Our hospital is licensed for 33 beds (patients). We are in the process of doing some remodeling so we have limited our bed capacity to 25. For the past 3 weeks, no sooner than we would have a couple of discharges, we had 3 or 4 patients waiting to get in!!!! So, on top of doing all the month end coding, I had to do pre-admit coding and - if the patient was admitted, had to do admit coding. I also have to review each patient chart weekly to add any additional diagnosis in the system. And this was not the worst of it!!! Oh no, it gets BETTER!!!!!

We are paid on a bi-weekly schedule and I elected to have direct deposit so that I could avoid lines at the bank on Fridays. Well.....the accountants at our corporate office who enter in the direct deposits deleted the entire file!!!!! Those who got paper checks were paid on Friday while those of us with direct deposits are still waiting to get paid. Banks are closed today because of the holiday so that means NO money is hitting our accounts before tomorrow morning!!! And I haven't gotten confirmation yet as to if that is actually going to happen. Thankfully, I have some money in the bank but there are a lot of people here who live paycheck to paycheck and needed their money on Friday! The frustrating thing about it - they KNEW on Wednesday the direct deposit was screwed up - they should have just written manual checks, sent them overnight on Thursday, then everyone would have been paid on Friday!!

Oh well - this too shall pass but maybe corporate has learned a lesson from this. They've told all employees who have direct deposit that if overdrafts or late fees are incurred because of the payroll issue, they will reimburse upon proof of late fees or overdrafts. Thing is - the employee will be out the fees until corporate cuts the checks in 2-3 weeks!

Okay, vented enough - off my box and going to do some "catch up" reading then back to more work. Hope all is well with each of you!

"Wrinkles will only go where the smiles have been"....Jimmy Buffett
magnolia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 10:34 AM   #2
rivermom
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Hopefully this week will be better for you. I can't wait for retirement!!!!!!
rivermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 10:56 AM   #3
Kimberley

Vent away! Hopefully things will get better.
Old 10-09-2006, 01:35 PM   #4
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Aren't you glad it was last week? Now you can look forward again. I can tolerate a few things, but it's hard tolerating someone interfering with my money!!!