4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > Fun & Health Talk > Health & Diet

Old 09-12-2006, 08:37 PM   #1
Shannon

Anyone ever try the Master Cleanse?

I'm thinking of trying this and wondered if anyone ever tried it. Please let me know your results and what it was like.
Old 09-13-2006, 06:08 AM   #2
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Not sure what it is? Can you explain a little more please?
Old 09-13-2006, 06:12 AM   #3
RLC12345678
4WT 500 Club Member

I, too, would like to know what this is. Sounds interesting!
"To whom much is given, much is expected." ~Luke 12:48
RLC12345678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 06:13 AM   #4
jck4b

I saw this product at Dr. Natura's site. The photos of what is supposed to come out of us is disturbing.They were also talking about parasites living in all of us & we don't know it. I could'nt stop thinking about it for weeks. I kept thinking, " I have worms in me??!!!", but was to afraid to try the product. Partly because of the price, partly because I was afraid I would get diarreah (sp?)from it (who want that)....So I told my sister about it (she'll try anything), & she did. She always has "going "problems. She said it was'nt as drastic as the site said & the only thing that was different was that she "went" a couple of times a day, which was highly unusual for her. I asked if she saw worms & she said no. I also asked if anything looked like the photos & that was a no also. I don't think she was impressed w/ it. Someone else may have a totally different result, & I would be curious to hear about their experience also.
Old 09-13-2006, 06:17 AM   #5
RLC12345678
4WT 500 Club Member

Whether we like it or not, we all over COVERED inside and out with bacteria and germs. Did you know that we're ALL covered, from head to toe, with a thin layer of POO POO! Yes ladies, it's true. We are filthy filthy beings. No way to get around it. And, if you go messing with your digestive system too much, you will kill all the GOOD bacteria in your tummy and the bad bacteria will start taking over, and it's VERY hard to get your digstive system regulated again. I've seen people have to go in the hospital for this. So, be careful.
Old 09-13-2006, 06:27 AM   #6
Sherry Lynn

I do a cleanse every year, but I've never had the dramatic results some people have. But then... even though I eat meat, I also eat a lot of veggies and fiber and I don't do junk food or sweets very often. I've never felt the boost of energy that some people do, but then I don't get that with vitamins or supplements like other people do, either.

Here's what I use, but there are lots of other good products out there.

http://www.drnatura.com/

And here is a link that compares different products.

http://whydietsfail.eponym.com/?source=google/Dr.Natura

Something that I've been using for the last month that I'm really happy with is the new Benefiber supplement that you can add to foods or drinks. It has no taste and doesn't change the flavor or texture of the food. I've been keeping it on the counter so that I remember to add it to things when I'm cooking. I got it at Costco. Here's another link.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...=1&topnav=&s=1

(sorry for such a long URL... I don't know how to make it shorter on this forum...)
Sherry Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 06:31 AM   #7
Sherry Lynn

jck4b - Your sister sounds like me. Tell her to try the Benefiber. She'll love it and it's MUCH cheaper!
Old 09-13-2006, 06:37 AM   #8
RLC12345678
4WT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry Lynn
I do a cleanse every year, but I've never had the dramatic results some people have. But then... even though I eat meat, I also eat a lot of veggies and fiber and I don't do junk food or sweets very often. I've never felt the boost of energy that some people do, but then I don't get that with vitamins or supplements like other people do, either.

Here's what I use, but there are lots of other good products out there.

http://www.drnatura.com/

And here is a link that compares different products.

http://whydietsfail.eponym.com/?source=google/Dr.Natura

Something that I've been using for the last month that I'm really happy with is the new Benefiber supplement that you can add to foods or drinks. It has no taste and doesn't change the flavor or texture of the food. I've been keeping it on the counter so that I remember to add it to things when I'm cooking. I got it at Costco. Here's another link.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...=1&topnav=&s=1

(sorry for such a long URL... I don't know how to make it shorter on this forum...)

So, you only do it once a year? I read the website and it seems like people on there do it frequently. It seems plausible. I hear all the time on E! that celebrities are OBESSESSED with Colonix and they do it often. Jack Osbourne went to Asia for about 6 months and came back all slim and trim. He said he did Colonix all the time while he was there and that is how he lost so much weight. I know Paris Hilton does Colonix all the time, too.

It does say on there that "While cleansing the colon, you have to replenish the good bacteria that protects the flora balance, which in turn protects you as it is part of your immune system." That is what I was warning about in my previous post. How can you ensure that the good bacteria is replenished? Is that part of the regimine that you buy?
Old 09-13-2006, 06:48 AM   #9
ice queen

Girl....save your money and get some Benefiber...you can't taste it at all!!! those celbrities probably do more damage to their bodies trying out all those new-fangled ideas...ask yourself do you really want to spend six months with a plastic tube up your ass just to lose weight? plus all those celebrities are all on cocaine or speed or something. didn't jackie-boy just get out of drug rehab and paris hilton she's just got to be on something cuz i don't see how she has the energy to fly all around the world and go to a jillion parties a night and go shopping all the time...that's just not natural-but that's just my opinion...
Old 09-13-2006, 06:48 AM   #10
Sherry Lynn

I'm not a fanatic about it, but I figure it can't hurt. I asked my Dr about it and she said its a good thing. I wouldn't do it more than twice a year, though, and I wouldn't do it all the time...

There are supplements that you can buy to maintain the balance of your digestive tract. Here is a link to the products I use. I use the Transformation products that I buy at a local store. The owner of the store is actually a Pharmasist trained in Western medicine but prefers holistic natural remedies. He's FABULOUS and facinating to talk to. This is what he suggests.

http://www.enzymeessentials.com/HTML/order_enzymes.html

With these products I actually feel the results. I get my rest and feel more energetic when I take them.
Old 09-13-2006, 06:49 AM   #11
ice queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLC12345678
Whether we like it or not, we all over COVERED inside and out with bacteria and germs. Did you know that we're ALL covered, from head to toe, with a thin layer of POO POO! Yes ladies, it's true. We are filthy filthy beings. No way to get around it. And, if you go messing with your digestive system too much, you will kill all the GOOD bacteria in your tummy and the bad bacteria will start taking over, and it's VERY hard to get your digstive system regulated again. I've seen people have to go in the hospital for this. So, be careful.
grody!!!! now i gotta take a shower!!!
Old 09-13-2006, 06:51 AM   #12
ice queen

oh try the new activa yogurt...it's supposed to help balance your digestive system and it tastes good too!!
Old 09-13-2006, 06:53 AM   #13
RLC12345678
4WT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice queen
Girl....save your money and get some Benefiber...you can't taste it at all!!! those celbrities probably do more damage to their bodies trying out all those new-fangled ideas...ask yourself do you really want to spend six months with a plastic tube up your ass just to lose weight? plus all those celebrities are all on cocaine or speed or something. didn't jackie-boy just get out of drug rehab and paris hilton she's just got to be on something cuz i don't see how she has the energy to fly all around the world and go to a jillion parties a night and go shopping all the time...that's just not natural-but that's just my opinion...

Oh, I agree 100% that Jack Osbourne AND Paris Hilton are both on something. I would not be interested in doing the Colonix to lose weight...I would just like to do it to be more healthy. I am not a healthy eater. I need to get on track with my health and start eating better and exercising. I can tell when I don't eat well that I feel like CRAP!
Old 09-13-2006, 08:10 AM   #14
Shannon

The Master Cleanse is not a colonic. It is a flavored water that you drink while fasting. It is made up of water, lemon juice, maple syrup and cayenne pepper. Beyonce recently did it and lost 20 lbs. I am thinking of trying it because all of the people I know that have done it feel amazing and lose a lot of weight. I am probably going to start it next week. So I will let you guys know how I feel and what the results are.
Old 09-13-2006, 10:45 AM   #15
ice queen

shannon...ooooppppssss!!! i'm sorry i guess i missread....shoot yeah i've done that. i usually do it about a week before my period cuz it helps with the bloaties! I heard that what's her face from the howard stern show-she's the girl that is a d.j. with him did that and lost LOTS of weight but i think all she did was drink that stuff and fasted i don't think she ate at all which i don't think is healthy at all....i ain't giving up my food!!!I'm a foodie and proud of it!!! but yeah isn't anything wrong with that drink....i did it without the maple sugar though...has a twang but i got used to it!good luck