4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > Fun & Health Talk > Health & Diet

Old 09-06-2006, 10:47 PM   #1
Khristine

Diet Pills

Ok I know there was a topic on YT about this, but it sort of just died down..

I've tried a lot of diet products and some have worked for me.. but i'm really, really, really trying to get rid of this pregnancy fat because its just not working for me.. im getting a lot of "oh wow you look fatter/bigger"

and im just not happy looking like this. I just started going back to the gym and eating right.. and I'd like a diet pill that actually really works!

my goal is outrageous but i really want to lose 40 pounds.. i was hoping by mid november.. but if by Christmas it can happen i'd be a happy camper..

any advice?

(i've tried trimspa, hydroxycut with ephedrine which worked, xenedrine, dexatrim natural, zantrex)...
Old 09-07-2006, 06:24 AM   #2
blowry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khristine
Ok I know there was a topic on YT about this, but it sort of just died down..

I've tried a lot of diet products and some have worked for me.. but i'm really, really, really trying to get rid of this pregnancy fat because its just not working for me.. im getting a lot of "oh wow you look fatter/bigger"

and im just not happy looking like this. I just started going back to the gym and eating right.. and I'd like a diet pill that actually really works!

my goal is outrageous but i really want to lose 40 pounds.. i was hoping by mid november.. but if by Christmas it can happen i'd be a happy camper..

any advice?

(i've tried trimspa, hydroxycut with ephedrine which worked, xenedrine, dexatrim natural, zantrex)...
How about just watching your fat intake? I lost 67lbs doing the diet workshop diet. Keep your fat intake under 29 percent, your calories around 1300 - 1400, drink LOTS of water and watch the percentage of calories from fat, this should be 30% or under..you are already excersing so this is a good thing...Diet products aren't really good for you...what will happen when you stop the pills? Weight will come back on and all that hard work has gone down the drain...JMO
blowry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 06:30 AM   #3
magnolia

Also, add some lemon juice to your water (don't buy lemon flavored water - not the same). Either use fresh squeezed lemon or buy the lemon juice concentrate. Lemon juice is a natural diuretic and will help you rid your body of fluid - kinda like a "boost" for the water. I usually drink about 2 glasses a day with lemon juice in it, the other glasses are plain water. And no, I don't drink the right amount of water, but I consider myself lucky if I get 4 glasses a day down me - and they aren't all 8 ounce glass sizes). Also, green tea is another healthy drink for you too. If you haven't tried the Lipton Green Tea - I HIGHLY recommend the diet verson - nice and citrusy flavor With a lot of determination, you CAN lose the weight without the help of diet aids. I'm pulling for ya

Suzi
magnolia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 06:54 AM   #4
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
I've tried all kinds of diets, but can not take the pills. I take meds for high blood pressure and thyroid and diet pills are not a good mix.

I'm wanting to join Weight Watchers. A very dear friend I met through YT was sending me the books that have all the points in them, but they have been lost in the mail. Maybe they'll still arrive, but it's been over 4 weeks now.

So, WW is on Thursday nights here and until Oct 7th is only $20 to join. Not sure yet how much every week, but do know the first visit is free. So I plan on checking it out.

I'm embarassed to say that I need to lose at least 82 lbs. perferably 85-90 lbs. It's just so hard for me. I've never been skinny, but have had to watch my weight my whole life and now I need to do something about it. I get so depressed thinking about it and not realizing beore that "HEY, I need a bigger size" so I could lose just a few lbs instead of having to lose so many now.

I was never a clothes shopper so I never noticed it so much..the bigger I got the more my old clothes kind of stretched. I could just kick myself. I plan on going to WW next Thursday to see if I think it will work for me. Keep your fingers crossed.

Good luck to you if you want to take the diet pills, but as one woman to another, maybe a more healthy way would be better.
Janet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 06:54 AM   #5
Necee419

I have heard good things about the weight watchers point system. Someone on YT(sorry, can't remember the name) lost tons of weight on it. I think she went to the site online and for a small fee you can get the points sytem and a personalized diet program just for you. I have never tried this but it seems to be pretty popular and people feel it really works because you can still eat "normal" things just less of it. I think diet products for the most part are pretty harmful so you shouldn't resort to them unless absolutely necessary. Eventually some study comes out where a certain diet pill has caused lots of people to get sick. Just continue to exercise, eat right and monitor your calories and I think you should be fine. Best of luck to you

BTW: A co-worker of mine says she drinks a really tall, full glass of water BEFORE she eats. She says this fills you up a bit and makes you eat less. Don't know if it works but you need water anyway so it can't hurt.
Necee419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 11:21 AM   #6
Meg

My SIL lost soooo much on weight doing weight watchers, that I learned how to do the point system and did it at home. It was actually really easy to do and I lost weight too. I haven't been doing it lately, been too busy. But I haven't really gained any of it back, and if I do I am going stright back to the points.

The only diet pill that has somewhat worked for me is TrimSpa. But after a few weeks of working on my appetite my body seemed to become immune to it.

Metabolife did diddly-squat for me.

My mom is on a perscription apetite suppressent from her doctor, and she loves it. (She also has a personal trainer and a diet she follows strictly, she is trying to get her hormones and thyroid under control... so it isn't just for weightloss, I don't know if doctors would give it out very easily).
Old 09-07-2006, 01:56 PM   #7
rivermom
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Id take diet pills in a heart beat if they didn't have such ill side affects. Most the pills out there now somewhat scare me, especially after reading such horror stories.

I know the bottom line is to eat a balanced diet, limiting the fat/calorie intake, to get up off your bum and move, etc. All that in my world is much easier said then done. I have always in my adult life gone up/down with my weight. One day I will look in the mirror (or step on the scale) and say "that's it, Im on a diet!" Then will lose the pounds. But in a year or so it slowly climbs back up to where I started.

I love to cook and I love to eat. I just need to focus on the basic rules of weight loss as most humans do and I think the weight will come off. So much easier said then done, LOL.
rivermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 07:26 PM   #8
Jennifer

Weight Watchers is the way to go! I have only been on it for 1 month and have lost 14 lbs. Its easy and I haven't been hungry. I ordered the books off ebay. I really don't have time for the meetings. 2 of my coworkers are on it also. 1 lost 30 lbs and the other 100! I also drink lots of water.
Old 09-07-2006, 07:31 PM   #9
Kimberley

After I had my daughter, I had about 10-15 pounds of baby fat that I wanted to loose. I started counting my fat gram intake. I would eat no more than 15 fat grams a day. Bennigans had healthy lunches with like around 7 fat grams.

After a month of this, I was back into my size 3 jeans.
Kimberley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 04:56 AM   #10
Janet

Sounds like weight watchers is the way to go then. I am planning on going next Thursday and see what they have to say and if I think I can do it. I've tried everything else in my lifetime as far as diets go, so I have nothing to lose...but weight!
Old 09-10-2006, 12:33 PM   #11
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Glad to hear that you can get the Weight Watchers info from books on E-bay or their website. I've been wanting to check them out, but with working , going to the gym, and family obligations haven't had time to add WW to the list. I just need to lose 8 lbs or so, but know folks close to me who need to lose more.

Great thread!!
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 01:49 PM   #12
RLC12345678
4WT 500 Club Member

I lost 10 lbs on Weight Watchers and have kept if off for years! I LOVE Weight Watchers. You can eat anything you want to. And with so many foods having 0 points, I was never hungry.
"To whom much is given, much is expected." ~Luke 12:48
RLC12345678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 02:48 PM   #13
Khristine

is weight watchers expensive? it seems like a lot of you have found weight watchers really helpful.. but since im not working right now im wondering if i can afford it..
Old 09-10-2006, 03:26 PM   #14
Janet

I'll know more Thursday when I go. But I do know that until October 7th, it only costs $20 to join and then I think it's $12-$15 dollars every time you go. I'll find out for sure and post unless someone else already knows.

I'm not sure how much the books are at WW's, so I'll wait till I find out and if they're cheaper on ebay, that's where I'll get them.
Old 09-18-2006, 07:10 AM   #15
Amber_lv

i really don't think diet pills work except the one that can harm you like the phen phen and anything with effedra in it
Amber_lv is offline   Reply With Quote