4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > All Else > Site Comments & Suggestions

Old 03-25-2007, 10:12 AM   #1
rivermom
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Regarding "The Man Forum"

I think it's good that we are allowed one question per week. God knows we don't wanna "wear out the man" LOL.

But....How come only the thread starter can post in their thread? I've read some of the member's threads and then some of the man's replies. I wish soooo badly the other members can jump on into the thread and comment or stuff.

I understand I guess you wouldn't want the other member's possibly asking more questions (refer back to "wearing out the man") within the thread; but it sure would be nice to have the ability or permission to post in it.

Just my thoughts, that's all.
rivermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 10:24 AM   #2
Mandy
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivermom
I think it's good that we are allowed one question per week. God knows we don't wanna "wear out the man" LOL.

But....How come only the thread starter can post in their thread? I've read some of the member's threads and then some of the man's replies. I wish soooo badly the other members can jump on into the thread and comment or stuff.

I understand I guess you wouldn't want the other member's possibly asking more questions (refer back to "wearing out the man") within the thread; but it sure would be nice to have the ability or permission to post in it.

Just my thoughts, that's all.

I agree!!

I even tried to reply to a post in the "Man" thread, duh for me LOL
Old 03-25-2007, 10:49 AM   #3
AngieDoogles

I agree. I've thought about making threads based on the "man forum" but didn't want to be too repetitive. It'd be so much easier if we were able to comment and discuss the "man's" response.

Thanks for posting this Sheryl!
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~MT
AngieDoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 01:48 PM   #4
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Thumbs up

wish we were able to respond and post too. It has been so hard for me stopping my fingers from typing...LOL Please let us...Okay...You don't have to respond back....we just want to be able to rebut....ha ha ha

So...."Man" are ya gonna let us?????
Old 03-25-2007, 07:30 PM   #5
Chandra Amaya
4WT 500 Club Member

Send a message via AIM to Chandra Amaya Send a message via Yahoo to Chandra Amaya
I agree. I thought of the same thing as Angie but didn't want to drive everyone mad. I seem to do that enough
Old 03-26-2007, 03:46 PM   #6
admin
Administrator

This is so that the threads in the Ask a Man forum stay clean, with basically a simple question and answer. The point of the forum is to ask "A Man" a question. If you want the advice or feedback from the women of our community, you can post in any of our other forums. It is okay to post the same question in the "Ask a Man" forum as well as another forum if you would like to.

Followups can be done by the original poster as well. Feel free to discuss the Man's answers in a a separate thread if you would like, or ask "A Man" a followup question yourself (or save it for the following week if you have already asked a question).

We are trying to be respectful of "A Man" and his time, since he is a 4WT guest. It is perfectly fine to disagree with the answer he gives, since he is a man, after all.

Last edited by admin; 03-26-2007 at 03:49 PM.
admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 03:59 PM   #7
AngieDoogles

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin
This is so that the threads in the Ask a Man forum stay clean, with basically a simple question and answer. The point of the forum is to ask "A Man" a question. If you want the advice or feedback from the women of our community, you can post in any of our other forums. It is okay to post the same question in the "Ask a Man" forum as well as another forum if you would like to.

Followups can be done by the original poster as well. Feel free to discuss the Man's answers in a a separate thread if you would like, or ask "A Man" a followup question yourself (or save it for the following week if you have already asked a question).

We are trying to be respectful of "A Man" and his time, since he is a 4WT guest. It is perfectly fine to disagree with the answer he gives, since he is a man, after all.
Is there anyway the thread could automatically be posted twice, once for us to discuss and once for the "man" to answer? I don't know if that would be possible or not, but it would be awesome if it could work that way.

I also wanted to thank you again for all you do for the site, admin! We don't mean to be picky, we'd just really like to discuss these topics.

Also, we really appreciate "a man" giving us his time and energy and answering our questions for us. Thanks!
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~MT
AngieDoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 12:37 AM   #8
Janet

Is there anyway you could tell us the age or approximate age of this 'man' or 'men'?
Old 03-27-2007, 04:35 PM   #9
admin
Administrator

There is no way for us to copy the thread, the original poster would have to copy and paste it into a new thread.

Since "A Man" may not always be the same male, he is over the age of 18 and under the age of 118, as the forum states. "A Man" simply answers questions, whether you want to agree or disagree is up to each member here.
admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 04:20 AM   #10
Janet

I think I would like this man to be closer to 118....LOL He hopefully would have so much more experience and knowledge than an 18 year old.

So come on ladies...let's ask this 'man' for some of his wisdom.
Old 03-28-2007, 04:50 AM   #11
rivermom
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet
I think I would like this man to be closer to 118....LOL He hopefully would have so much more experience and knowledge than an 18 year old.

So come on ladies...let's ask this 'man' for some of his wisdom.

Nothing sexier than an 118 year old man, LOL.

I have many questions lined up for "the man (men)" but waiting until my week is up to post again.
rivermom is offline   Reply With Quote