4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > General Women Discussion

Old 12-19-2007, 10:56 AM   #1
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

I'm back Home!!!

We're back from our shopping trip to Wichita! I tell you we had my Tahoe so full!!!! Stopping at Sam's Club last always fills it up!!!!

We got our Christmas gifts bought and those that we didn't we decided to just give money. I guess that's what my husband meant when he said that we were cutting back. He didn't mean money wise, just gift wise. I get so stressed out trying to keep the gifts all even for eveyone. I don't want anyone to be upset.
Besides, the kids could all use some money.

Dae Lynn hit a deer on Sunday night and totaled her car. That was a real bummer so now she's going to be looking for a new one. In the meantime she's driving Jaci's car and it has both front corners banged up where Glen backed into it.....twice!! And the interior light blinks off and on for about 30 seconds when you close the door. What can I say....my Dad though he was a mechanic!!!! It certainly is a humbling experience to drive it around town!!!!

Anyway we got our shopping done and bought a Christmas gift for ourselves, a new tv and a dvd-vcr player. We'd had our tv for about 20 years and it went out but Dae Lynn had bought a new one and we were using it but then she moved out so we figured it was time for a new one. So Merry Christmas to Us!!!!!

We ate at Red Lobster one night and at Kobe's, which is a Japanese Steak house where they cook your food right in front of you!!! Yummy!!!!

All in all it was a pretty good trip and nice for my husband and I to get away for a while!!!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 01:18 PM   #2
Mandy
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

Nice to have you back with us! Sounds like you guys had a blast
Old 12-19-2007, 02:05 PM   #3
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Glad you're back safe and sound!! Heck with the Christmas stuff.....YOU WENT TO RED LOBSTER!!!!!!!LOLOLOL I love, love, love, Red Lobster. I think Sheryl went there the other weekend too. That's it....I'm asking for cash for Christmas.

I'm happy you got your shopping done Diana. Now on to the wrapping table...lol
Old 12-19-2007, 02:35 PM   #4
DianaB

First I have to get Jaci off to the Christmas dance tonight. As I said I had to re-work a dress to fit her and had some finishing touches that I finished this afternoon. I'll post a picture of her later. She's going to look so beautiful. I can't believe that no one asked her to go with him. Oh well, I'm not ready for her to date anyway.

Also I have to bake a double batch of cupcakes for my husband to take to his Royal Ranger group tonight. They're having their Christmas Party so I'm being a good wife.

Wrapping gifts......hmmmmm..........I might work on it tomorrow.

My husband is the one who REALLY loves Red Lobster. I like it too but I also like Olive Garden and some other places. Since we were there on Crabby Monday we had crab!! Yummy!!!

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 12-19-2007, 07:32 PM   #5
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Diana sounds like you had a fun day and a great dinner.. Now the countdown begins for all...lol
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 10:09 PM   #6
AngieDoogles
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

Have fun baking cupcakes and wrapping gifts! I love doing Christmas-y things like that!
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~MT
AngieDoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 04:57 AM   #7
rivermom

Welcome back home Diana. Sounds like you had a good time and accomplished plenty.

MMMMMMmmmmMMmmm CuPCAkeS!!!!
rivermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 10:53 AM   #8
DianaB

Guess what? My husband took the cupcakes into Royal Rangers with him and put them out of the way on top of the refrigerator and......you guessed it! He forgot to pass them out so now I have a double batch of cupcakes to eat!!! I think that I'm going to run them over to the grandkids. They'll think Grandma is the best if I give them cupcakes for no reason!!!!

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 12-20-2007, 11:44 AM   #9
rivermom

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianaB
Guess what? My husband took the cupcakes into Royal Rangers with him and put them out of the way on top of the refrigerator and......you guessed it! He forgot to pass them out so now I have a double batch of cupcakes to eat!!! I think that I'm going to run them over to the grandkids. They'll think Grandma is the best if I give them cupcakes for no reason!!!!

Are you kidding? Your Grandkids will be in heaven!!!!

Oh Diana, I wanted to ask you...Did you enjoy Kobe's? A new one opened up not to far from us. Hubby and I have been wanting to try it.

A new Shogun opened up and we went there as it's always been one of our favorites. But there new place is a little too fancy and pricey to us now. If they keep the old Shogun up we will keep going there??

Maybe we can try Kobe's out during this Christmas break that begins in about oh and hour or so. (five days off - work two days - then five days off again. Life is good)
rivermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 02:13 PM   #10
Janet

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianaB
First I have to get Jaci off to the Christmas dance tonight. As I said I had to re-work a dress to fit her and had some finishing touches that I finished this afternoon. I'll post a picture of her later. She's going to look so beautiful. I can't believe that no one asked her to go with him. Oh well, I'm not ready for her to date anyway.

Also I have to bake a double batch of cupcakes for my husband to take to his Royal Ranger group tonight. They're having their Christmas Party so I'm being a good wife.

Wrapping gifts......hmmmmm..........I might work on it tomorrow.

My husband is the one who REALLY loves Red Lobster. I like it too but I also like Olive Garden and some other places. Since we were there on Crabby Monday we had crab!! Yummy!!!

There are not too many places I don't like to eat at, but Red Lobster, Olive Garden, Outback, Logan's, and Applebee's, are among my favorites......no wonder I'm overweight.

I kind of did the same thing Diana, I made an Eclair cake for my son's birthday (today) and took one in to his nutrition and wellness class for a surprise. There are only 16 kids in that class, but a little less than half the cake was left. I figured it would all be gone and since he loves it soooo much, I made another one today. I'm so glad I only make it for his birthday and at Christmas. It's so rich, but milk sure helps...LOL

Last edited by Janet; 12-20-2007 at 02:15 PM.
Janet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 02:53 PM   #11
DianaB

Sheryl, I highly recommend that you go and eat at Kobe's!!!! It's one of our favorite places to go. It's a little more expensive than other places but well worth the money (We spent over $50 for the two of us). It also has less expensive items than what we ordered. They bring you soup and salad to begin with and they are a little different than you're used to but I've learned to really like them. Then everything else is cooked right in front of you and the cooks can be VERY entertaining while they're cooking. Oh, and make sure that you order the fried rice with your meal. Yum, yum!!!!

Wow, Janet, you have lots of dessert left!!! Too bad that you live so far away I'd send my grandchildren over to work on it for you!!!! I wondered where you were today!!!! I was missing you!!!! So now you have a 17 year old!!!!

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 12-20-2007, 02:58 PM   #12
Janet

Yes...a big 17 year old. He's having a really great day, so I'm pleased for him.

I sure hope he eats that eclair cake in a hurry. I think I may take some to the neighbors. I'll sit and eat till I'm sick...I'm not kidding. It's so rich, but so good.

Tell me about Kobe's and Shogun. I've not heard of them.
Old 12-20-2007, 03:14 PM   #13
DianaB

I don't know anything about Shogun. Sheryl will have to tell about that one.

When you go into Kobe's you'll have 6 other people sit at the table with you. Sometimes more. The table is really long and you have just enough room for your plate to sit and the rest of the table is cooking surface. The waitress brings in a basket with little washrags all nice and warm for you to wash your hands with. Then she takes your order. Later she'll bring in soup and it's a really clear broth with bits of mushroom and onions in it. Then she'll bring in salad and it has chow mein noodles and a ginger dressing on it. After you're finished with all of that your cook comes in and starts heating up the stove. First he'll cook the fried rice (the rice is already cooked so he just fries it). While he's doing that he'll do some little tricks with the eggs. You get to eat that while he's cooking the other stuff. Next he'll start cooking the shrimp and everyone gets an appetizer of shrimp to start with. Then he'll cook the chicken, salmon, steak, lobster, what ever everyone at your table ordered. As they cook he'll spoon them onto your plate. They also cook zucchini, mushrooms, and bean sprouts. After you're done with all of that they bring you a little cup of hot green tea and later a small bowl of pineapple sherbert. It's a very interesting experience.

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 12-20-2007, 03:17 PM   #14
Janet

hhmmmm...This is Chinese? Japanese? I love chinese food too. We have a chinese restaurant here and they have a mongolian (sp) grill, but it's not at the table.
Old 12-20-2007, 03:33 PM   #15
DianaB

It's a Japanese grill. There are other places around just look for a Japanese steakhouse. There's also another one in Wichita called Kyoto's. In my opinion they're a lot alike but my husband prefers Kobe's.

After I stop laughing!!!